Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Aren’t they copycats? Weird interview.

“Do the crime, do the time” comes to mind.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Looks like the record setting crew is from Northeast Ohio (probably where they honed their skills at evading State Troopers every 5 miles) and are now granting interviews saying they don’t like all the negative media attention.

Gotta say the pearl clutching seems way more ramped up than when Bolian did it.

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2019/...-copycats.html
    IMO the webz have made the world a place where you wana be careful what gets posted, something like this or a picture of you with something you killed out on the public site are really bad ideas
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    IMO the webz have made the world a place where you wana be careful what gets posted, something like this or a picture of you with something you killed out on the public site are really bad ideas
    No doubt.

But the other side of that coin is: if it’s not online, did it really happen?
    I still call it The Jake.

Well people are discounting peer reveiwed science in modern America so I duno if that argument holds water ?

I guess it would depend on your purpose for doing something and if it is deemed unaceptable to any or all people, driving across America averaging > 100mph might be deemed as unacceptable by way more people than those who would find it cool and then you get hate mail on FB cuz you are now SO easy to find

back in 1994 there were the 1st Stanley cup riots in Vangroovy where nobody got caught & nobody got in trouble

FF to 2011 there were the 2nd Stanley cup riots in Vangroovy and everybody got caught & everybody got in trouble

same event/ same town/same place/ same kind of people the difference was ... social media
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Looks like it just happened again. No traffic Corona-cannonball. Kinda shitty to do it now though.

I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Definitely needs that asterisk at least.

Meh. There is no traffic right now. Does anybody really look forward to the trip report? Extra fuel tanks and pinned it on empty roads. Okay.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...HVw0SZUgUlsMtc

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Meh. There is no traffic right now. Does anybody really look forward to the trip report? Extra fuel tanks and pinned it on empty roads. Okay.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...HVw0SZUgUlsMtc
    Good piece. Car and Driver is still a really good magazine, I always enjoy it.

That article is cringe-worthy. I would say it's only fit to wipe your ass with, but if you did, you would run the risk of your asshole transforming into a pussy.

This pandemic (to which I believe the response in more progressive states has been appropriate) is revealing how disconcertingly risk-averse we have become culturally. We are living through the sunset of the era of personal freedoms.

Disagree. Those cannonball guys are assholes and they were assholes long before coronavirus came into existence. The latest group are just bigger assholes.

I didn't say they should be held up as model citizens. I agree they're assholes. But they should have the freedom to exercise their desires to be assholes. Being an asshole has never disqualified anyone else from setting a record.

What would Jeremy Clarkson say about that spineless, milquetoast piece from C&D?

Two decisions I'll always regret. Not going to Woodstock when my buddies asked me to go and not going to help empty Brock Yates's garages when he went into the nursing home.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    is revealing how disconcertingly risk-averse we have become culturally. We are living through the sunset of the era of personal freedoms.
    Or we are living in the golden age of the sheltered class doing whatever it is the fuck they want with little to zero regard for personal responsibility or two fucks given. Just look at my kook ass pinning it across Merica. As tone deaf a run to any 'culture' we have left. I'd rather go read about Basinbeater driving his project Porsche around with friends.

What would Jeremy Clarkson say about that spineless, milquetoast piece from C&D?
    I imagine he would say that it was kinda funny and cool but stupid when it started, got completely ridiculous and is now a suitable pastime only for audi drivers and inbreds. Something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Or we are living in the golden age of the sheltered class doing whatever it is the fuck they want with little to zero regard for personal responsibility or two fucks given. Just look at my kook ass pinning it across Merica. As tone deaf a run to any 'culture' we have left. I'd rather go read about Basinbeater driving his project Porsche around with friends.

Let me remind you that skiing would not exist as we know it in this country were it not for that "sheltered class" doing precisely what you describe in the mountains in the 1930's-1960's.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I imagine he would say that it was kinda funny and cool but stupid when it started, got completely ridiculous and is now a suitable pastime only for audi drivers and inbreds. Something along those lines.
    Agree to disagree. It's one of the few remaining directions in which the envelope can be pushed in motorsports today.

Meh. No sense in getting in the weeds. Knock yourself out if you think this is pushing motorsports.

Let me remind you that skiing would not exist as we know it in this country were it not for that "sheltered class" doing precisely what you describe in the mountains in the 1930's-1960's
    I rarely see schoolbuses on the mountain.

Rallying is 50 times more badass than cannonball bullshit will ever be, and higher-tech by far at the high end, and there's no schoolbuses. The only people they put at risk are themselves and those moron spectators who are always in the road but those idiots should get out of the road.

Rally and motorcycle Road Racing are awesome and cruising cross-country in a mercedes with 10 radar detectors and no sleep is lame.

imvho

Agreed with regards to rally racing.

But, consider this. In terms of the risks that something like a Cannonball run exposes other motorists to without their knowledge/consent, there arguably hasn't been a better time in decades to attempt this. They were driving so fast that odds are good they would have all been killed in a crash, so let's call the risk they posed to medical personnel low, and there are far fewer other cars on the road, the the odds of them being involved in a high speed multi-car crash may have been lower than it was for those guys who did back when this thread was started.

Do the present circumstances make the record easier to beat? Yes. Do the present circumstances make a record attempt safer? Possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I rarely see schoolbuses on the mountain.

Rallying is 50 times more badass than cannonball bullshit will ever be, and higher-tech by far at the high end, and there's no schoolbuses. The only people they put at risk are themselves and those moron spectators who are always in the road but those idiots should get out of the road.

Rally and motorcycle Road Racing are awesome and cruising cross-country in a mercedes with 10 radar detectors and no sleep is lame.

imvho
    Not to mention, as already mentioned, when traffic everywhere is down substantially. Asterisk for sure. Lamer for sure.

Agree to disagree. It's one of the few remaining directions in which the envelope can be pushed in motorsports today.
    Waze, google maps, every other traffic app, precise detectors, shit I prob don't even know about, etc, etc.

Yeah, really pushing that envelope.

Asterisk, and pretty dick-ish timing that's for sure. Was sort of impressed with this thing when I first heard about it last year but the more I think about amateurs driving mach chicken through civilian traffic for days and nights... Not so sure I'm down with this anymore.

Totally fucking lame. (and that's coming from an Audi driver)

FFS, I can hammer it down just about any road now thanks to no cars or cops, should I start claiming records?
    I still call it The Jake.

My commute today was 10min. Normally 20. New record. Put it in the books!