Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    So do I scrape off my DPS stickers from my box?

I could put some Trump 2020 stickers in their place.
    Maybe dump will grab you by the box and peel it off for you ?

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

How about "Great Squat"?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    How about "Great Squat"?
    Haha, nice!

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    The innocent line was my favorite part of it.
    Still, 10 years later, I can't fathom how a single sentence response of "my name is scott you dumbfucks. You pay me." didn't occur.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Can't speak for Jonathan, but their traffic is so high that I don't think it would be that specific. That said, traffic is important for their business, so always good to drive the traffic to the website (same reason we like to host the landing page on ski giveaways when we partner with other brands if we can).

Attachment 302363

Actually it's a new competitor to Phantom. We just have Jonathan fly in and he pisses all over the bases. Permanently changes the soul of the skis.

We can't say if it is for the better or the worse yet, but we're going with it.
    It was Scott brand that shut this down? Never really understood the source just assumed it was legitimate until now.....
    Uno mas

The Great Scott Cease and Desist

I'd buy that ski
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

I wonder if they noticed an ironic undercurrent when they addressed the envelope?

I'm just glad I wasn't named Backcountry...
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

And people did. How about "Great Scot"

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    The Great Scott Cease and Desist

I'd buy that ski

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    And people did. How about "Great Scot"
    No they bought Great Scotts OR they bought C&Ds

I'm talking aboot a topsheet that looks like:

Great SCOTT Cease and Desist because my name is scott so suck it
    Last edited by kidwoo; 11-15-2019 at 08:39 AM.

Hey I bought a Great Scott... sez so here

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190818_171451137.jpeg 
Views:	157 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	302395

Actually it's a new competitor to Phantom. We just have Jonathan fly in and he pisses all over the bases. Permanently changes the soul of the skis.

We can't say if it is for the better or the worse yet, but we're going with it.
    Is that what makes them green?

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Hey I bought a Great Scott... sez so here
    Please tell me you sent a money order. That’s dirtbag AF.

early adopters unite

#MakeGreatScottsGreatAgain....

As a Scott I approve this message.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    The amount of baseless, irrational dislike for DPS Skis in this thread is pretty fascinating. Did Stephan take all of your mothers out for a nice tube steak, then never call her again? Makes me want to add another pair of them to my quiver, just to be contrary.

Hahaha agreed!!

If you know how to ski em, they are almost always be the best tool for soft snow hands down...

Quote Originally Posted by ShredLoaf View Post
    Hahaha agreed!!

If you know how to ski em, they are almost always be the best tool for soft snow hands down...
    Stephen, is that you? Don't pull a Pierre Delecto on us.

Quote Originally Posted by ShredLoaf View Post
    Hahaha agreed!!

JMO, and with the caveat that I never skied any of the Powderworks layup skis, the first iteration of the Pure3 construction was the apex as far as all around performance went. I'm referring to the era with textured topsheets, titanal ribs in the core, and when the metal tip spacer/perimeter weighting thing was still being used. They were damp and smooth enough on firm snow, particularly on edge, but they still had that ridiculous, almost electric energy in deep snow that truly makes them unique. No other ski out there could give you that sort of energy and rebound out of a turn in legitimately bottomless powder. The magic was in the uni.

The mainstream clamor for more dampening ultimately watered down the best/most unique attributes of the skis, at least the wider models. My $0.02.

Are/were they the be all, end all of ski design? No. But between the construction and the shaping, they produced some of the most exciting powder skis ever built.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    JMO, and with the caveat that I never skied any of the Powderworks layup skis, the first iteration of the Pure3 construction was the apex as far as all around performance went. I'm referring to the era with textured topsheets, titanal ribs in the core, and when the metal tip spacer/perimeter weighting thing was still being used. They were damp and smooth enough on firm snow, particularly on edge, but they still had that ridiculous, almost electric energy in deep snow that truly makes them unique. No other ski out there could give you that sort of energy and rebound out of a turn in legitimately bottomless powder. The magic was in the uni.

The mainstream clamor for more dampening ultimately watered down the best/most unique attributes of the skis, at least the wider models. My $0.02.

Are/were they the be all, end all of ski design? No. But between the construction and the shaping, they produced some of the most exciting powder skis ever built.
    As a deep and passionate lover of the blue 120's from this era, my pinky just extended from my wine glass over this comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    It was Scott brand that shut this down? Never really understood the source just assumed it was legitimate until now.....
    Not Scott Brand.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

i think the "counterfeiting" line is my favorite part. first, iggy put a fake first name on his counterfeit birth certificate, then he built a bunch of counterfeit Scott Stunts and P4 skis, and even today his so-called "custom" orders are nothing more than counterfeit versions of his own on3p stock skis. hahahaha
    "Propositions arrived at by purely logical means are completely empty as regards reality."
    Einstein

If anyone is feeling extra crusty; When you unsubscribe from mail there a option for comments why

Scott Sports Versus Scott Paper? Grudge match?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    they should just give the lotus 120 molds they obviously don't need to iggy and let him press tour edition
    great backcountry scott drakes
    id buy em with a gsa ,pillow fight, grizzlecorn art deco combo top sheet
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Loved the blue 120s until I broke them. And they weren't even mine. I was lucky that Marshal was very close by and when we told him that I broke them he had to warrantee them because I am such a pussy. 112s were squirrely as fuck and unbalanced with small sweet spot. But what do I know? I'm a stupid telemarker who skis with boots unbuckled trying to reinvent leather. I never thought about boycotting them. Can't afford them anyway. I can buy a pair of new skis that I like with bindings and skins for less than the best deal I ever saw on a pair of DPS.

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

Stephan innovated and succeeded, and should be lauded for his accomplishments. With DPS he broke new ground in their focus, shapes, materials, marketing, and distribution model. On a personal note they somehow let me retail their skis out of my house for a couple of years, which were some of the easiest sales I’ve ever made. I provided free Wailer 112 demo’s out of my ski locker, and 9 out 10 loved em, and I sold everything I could get my hands on. Young, fit, testosterone filled chargers aren’t the market, and no one ski is going satisfy everyone’s preferences, but as a technically proficient skiing every day 50 year old I still find them near perfect for negotiating the range of conditions necessary to find powder in steep, tight, Kootenay trees. I expect DPS will be less interesting without Stephan, and I was looking forward to seeing how they innovated with ski boots, but perhaps there are others in the organization just waiting to make a contribution. Stephan had a great run, and I hope he finds an interesting new way to innovate, in skiing or otherwise.