Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Boinay is probably laughing over a glass of wine right now.

I wonder how Cyrille is doing these days? Doubtless drinking some fine wine.

Sucks Stephan is out, fuck dat 0.01%-er asshole investurd who kicked him to the curb.

Not so much gonna boycott as be more indifferent to the dps line from now on... my interest has been waning over the past few years.

Still have 2 pairs of Tabla Rasas though, and they still ski great.

what does the review say? Google won't let me visit blisterreview right now says it is under attack (like seriously doesn't even provide a 'go there anyway' link).
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Fuck Al, quite whining about this.
    companies want to own things so they trademark them, if its part of the pure and perfect lifestyle makes it different how ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    What’s the “P” of DPS?
    I thought DPS stood for Dentist’s Powder Skis...

Praxis RX
    watch out for snakes

Maybe he can hook up with Tom from Austria.

Sent from my SM-G970U using TGR Forums mobile app

Below is the entirety of the Blister article, except for the hotlinks to prior Blister pages on DPS skis:

Edited to be just a link to Blisters website, which contains the statement from DPS and Stephan's response. I hope Blister keeps this page alive, as I think Stephan's response is important to read.

https://blisterreview.com/industry-n...qYGwCKQxY0NcSU
    Last edited by El Chupacabra; 11-14-2019 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Edited per request by Blister
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

would they have had to sign a non-compete agreement ?

other wise one door closes and another door opens ?
    Last edited by XXX-er; 11-14-2019 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Drake PowderworkS.

Not
    DPS' are surgical instruments, ON3P's are more like civil war era bone saws.
    Not the first dentist to consider himself a surgeon.

Alex Adema

President & CEO at DPS Skis
    Salt Lake City, Utah 500+ connections Contact info

About
    I have 20 years of operational and financial management experience in both, large corporate and entrepreneurial start-up organizations. I am an accomplished leader, skilled in developing and launching new ventures, and have a proven track record for principled, insightful leadership and creating high levels of trust and respect within organizations and the community.

Specialties:
    ♦ Strategic Business Planning and Execution
    ♦ Leadership Development
    ♦ New Venture Startup and Launch
    ♦ Joint Venture Partnerships
    ♦ Product Development / Management
    ♦ Financial Planning, Analysis and Reporting
    ♦ Strategic Marketing

https://www.linkedin.com/in/aaadema/
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

No need to boycott...any company that a single investor can fire the CEO of a well run company will not be a well run company for very long (think backcountry.com). When bean counter take control a companies demise is immanent.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    No need to boycott...any company that a single investor can fire the CEO of a well run company will not be a well run company for very long (think backcountry.com). When bean counter take control a companies demise is immanent.
    Wait a minute! There's high levels of trust and respect within organizations and the community at issue here.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Alex Adema

President & CEO at DPS Skis
    Salt Lake City, Utah 500+ connections Contact info

About
    I have 20 years of operational and financial management experience in both, large corporate and entrepreneurial start-up organizations. I am an accomplished leader, skilled in developing and launching new ventures, and have a proven track record for principled, insightful leadership and creating high levels of trust and respect within organizations and the community.

Specialties:
    ♦ Strategic Business Planning and Execution
    ♦ Leadership Development
    ♦ New Venture Startup and Launch
    ♦ Joint Venture Partnerships
    ♦ Product Development / Management
    ♦ Financial Planning, Analysis and Reporting
    ♦ Strategic Marketing

https://www.linkedin.com/in/aaadema/
    You left out his past experience. Sounds like the leader of a ripping ski company:

Director of Finance and Operations
    Company NameLaunch NY
    Dates Employed2014 – 2015
    Employment Duration1 yr
    LocationBuffalo/Niagara, New York Area
    Launch NY is a Non-Profit Venture Development Organization with a mission to identify, support and invest in high‐growth, high‐impact companies in order to catalyze the entrepreneurial culture of the 27 counties of Upstate New York through regional collaboration with ecosystem partners.

♦ Oversaw financial management of the organization including finance, budgeting and strategic planning.
    ♦ Developed and coordinated the Entrepreneur in Residence (EIR) mentoring activities, content development of EIR training materials, client company intake and evaluation, and data collection and reporting.
    ♦ Managed contractual obligations with vendors and service providers for marketing, public relations, and IT
    ♦ Worked closely with President & CEO in strategic decision making and establishing standard operating procedures for venture development organization expanding its services and regional impact.

see more
    No alt text provided for this image
    Launch NY Believes in Upstate NY Startup Companies
    Launch NY Believes in Upstate NY Startup Companies
    Restoration Church
    Co-Founder / Executive Pastor
    Company NameRestoration Church
    Dates Employed2008 – 2014
    Employment Duration6 yrs
    I co-founded a new church in 2008, collaborating with the lead pastor, staff team, and key volunteer leadership to establish and implement strategic direction/priorities to build and lead this new faith community. I provided ongoing leadership direction, development, and supervision to staff, volunteers, and congregation. In addition, I created, implemented, and monitored effective budget preparation and controls within the church. I developed, facilitated, and led community, regional, and international partnerships. I was also called upon to assist in communicating, teaching and counseling. Highlights of this work include:

♦ Negotiated purchase of new church site and oversaw $1M building renovation. Successfully led fundraising campaign and served as general contractor. Organized volunteer teams to complete project in just 10 months.
    ♦ Congregation grew swiftly in first six years and was able to achieve financial stability as well as to provide resources to other outside initiatives.
    ♦ Collaborated with other faith-based organizations to bring holistic community development to a village in Haiti over several years, including regular mobile medical clinics, and ongoing construction of homes. Provided educational support, raising tuition funds for families and building schools. Led Teams regularly to provide ongoing support.
    ♦ Implemented strategic and financial planning for the launch of a second church start-up.

see more

5 Year Celebration Video
    5 Year Celebration Video
    M&T Bank
    Company NameM&T Bank
    Total Duration8 yrs
    TitleProduct Manager
    Dates Employed2006 – 2008
    Employment Duration2 yrs
    I managed all aspects of new product design and implementation, including existing product modifications. In addition, I established marketing objectives, working with other departments and developing programs to sell services/products.
    TitlePortfolio Manager
    Dates Employed2005 – 2006
    Employment Duration1 yr
    I managed a $7.2-billion retail consumer CD portfolio and other consumer deposit products. I conducted weekly strategy meetings with regional sales managers to review performance and competitive environment.

^^^OOOHHH! He's religilous!

Interesting, and what a bummer for Stephan whether you like him or not. I met him just once and he didn't rub me the wrong way at all.

Never could get my head around the skis. I've had a number of pairs over many years, starting way back when that water-ski company briefly manufactured the designs after they and Stephan fell out.

Really tried to like them but apparently not enough of a surgeon. For now I'm hanging on to a pair of bamboo era 138's for that one or two days a decade they're appropriate.

I wish him luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Boinay is probably laughing over a glass of wine right now.
    beat me to it

was just thinking about this and found it: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...Cyrille-Boinay

AH was the guy @ frozen's party with the strange rocketfuel booze I think

Wait - are you saying western NY doesn't ski? (you know Buffalo...)

I just traded work for a pair of 124's, now I have to boycott them?

Boycott DPS skis??

Starting a church seems like a fun inroad into the ski industry. The Berkeley marmot mtn works store was located in a former church.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post

I will still go on the record as saying that they design and build some fucking incredible skis, with the caveat that the skier needs to understand the sort of input that their skis will respond to in order to get the most out of them.

The majority of the DPS lineup has always rewarded the technically capable (i.e. powerful with good technique) skier.

DPS' are surgical instruments, .
    Thank you for finally helping me understand why I never oooed and ahhd about these skis as much as the collective. Always preferred Stocklis, volkl, Armada, Blizzard. Learning and spending most of my early days in Utah my technique leaves a lot to be desired

Marshal helped me out on a warranty beef I had with a dealer, a new defective wailer with a void under the petex, they were saying NO you don't get a new pair but suddenly ... a new pair of wailers show up. So I got rid of those skis still in wrapper cuz they would never be worth > but I felt a little guilty, so i bought some hybrid lotus 120's, I liked them so much I bought another pair ...pretty cool !

Face it we were never going to see another tabla rasa or lotus 120 from DPS but maybe now we will,

I'm betting they could pre-sell a bunch of skis, just like the old days, cha-ching and your skis show up 2 month later

Meh...
    I came to DPS via some used L-120's.
    While I hoard and love this particular ski, the brand hasn't been very relevant to me for years.
    What Stephan created in the Lotus lineage has positively impacted many a powder day in my life though, I'll be watching with interest to see what the future brings.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Marshal helped me out on a warranty beef I had with a dealer, a new defective wailer with a void under the petex, they were saying NO you don't get a new pair but suddenly ... a new pair of wailers show up. So I got rid of those skis still in wrapper cuz they would never be worth > but I felt a little guilty, so i bought some hybrid lotus 120's, I liked them so much I bought another pair ...pretty cool !

Face it we were never going to see another tabla rasa or lotus 120 from DPS but maybe now we will,

I'm betting they could pre-sell a bunch of skis, just like the old days, cha-ching and your skis show up 2 month later
    Stephan built an incredible brand that was launched on the innovations of the Tabla Rasa, 120 and 138 designs. He and a few others die hard skiers were the ones pushing the new shapes to improve their own powder skiing experience. Without Stephan at the helm I have a hard time believing they are going to be as innovative. I cant imagine how hard it must be to be ousted from a company that you built and shares your name. Good Luck Stephan, its a good thing the new CEO is an ordained pastor, he might want to start praying since he just ripped the soul out of DPS.

I co-founded a new church in 2008, collaborating with the lead pastor, staff team, and key volunteer leadership to establish and implement strategic direction/priorities to build and lead this new faith community. I provided ongoing leadership direction, development, and supervision to staff, volunteers, and congregation. In addition, I created, implemented, and monitored effective budget preparation and controls within the church. I developed, facilitated, and led community, regional, and international partnerships. I was also called upon to assist in communicating, teaching and counseling. Highlights of this work include:

♦ Negotiated purchase of new church site and oversaw $1M building renovation. Successfully led fundraising campaign and served as general contractor. Organized volunteer teams to complete project in just 10 months.
    ♦ Congregation grew swiftly in first six years and was able to achieve financial stability as well as to provide resources to other outside initiatives.
    ♦ Collaborated with other faith-based organizations to bring holistic community development to a village in Haiti over several years, including regular mobile medical clinics, and ongoing construction of homes. Provided educational support, raising tuition funds for families and building schools. Led Teams regularly to provide ongoing support.
    ♦ Implemented strategic and financial planning for the launch of a second church start-up.
    JFC
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

just remember that on Sundays the family who prays together

is not infront of you in the line up for 1st chair