Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: Mandalorian

Andor was rad for me but a bit slow for kid.
    Teams of Mandalorians whupping some Pirate ass cuz Lando asked them too?
    That's everybody's speed.

3 episodes left. I get the feeling that this season was written by committee - like Grogu wasn’t supposed to be here but an exec at Disney was like “hold on. Baby Yoda is cute. You gotta bring him back” and another one said “But Moff Gideon is the bad guy. You can’t get rid of the bad guy.” And “hey hold on. Katie Sackoff is kinda hot. She can’t be a bad guy.” I’m still enjoying the show and all- just a little baffled by some of the choices they made.

i’m pretty into the BTS mando culture scenes this season. bo goes both ways!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    I am a fan since1977 and that Pirate episode serviced me in so many ways.
    Just watched this week's episode. Was a really fun one indeed.

I still get a kick out of the Kowakian Monkey-Lizards. Especially a tree full of them...

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    And “hey hold on. Katie Sackoff is kinda hot.
    Geezus, the way she wears that suit is hot hot fire.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Hello Zeb!

Took a moment to catch that one.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Hello Zeb!

Took a moment to catch that one.
    Yeah, that would have flown right by me except that my news feed is now full of StarWars and I saw a headline before I watched it.

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    Geezus, the way she wears that suit is hot hot fire.
    Whatever prop guy first invented boob armor deserves a lifetime achievement award from the Academy. Generations of nerds thank him.

This season continues to baffle. Anybody bailed entirely yet?

Definitely a whole lot of WTF this week.

Adding a new genre

This season continues to baffle. Anybody bailed entirely yet?
    Haven't and probably won't watch any time soon, but apparently the season and book of boba Was a lot of Kathleen Kennedy interference.... bringing grogu back and some other stuff. It might explain why this season feels a bit off and andor does not. The Person responsible was left alone apparently because nobody of the higher ups was interested in it. And, probably more Important, Tony gilroy ( he made andor i believe) actually loves Star wars.

Same reason why picard season 3 is so much better than the junk that is season 1 and 2.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Yeah, I'm getting the feeling Kathleen Kennedy and some other suits want to milk their cash cow characters rather than make good stories. Grogu merch is huge $ for Disney.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

https://www.theguardian.com/film/202...isy-ridley-rey

At the same event, Lucasfilm confirmed a batch of new TV shows, including a second series of Andor and Mandalorian spin-off Ahsoka.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

More episode 7-9 nonsense ?

So they REEEALLY want to Lose more money.

Not Mando, but holy FUCK I am hyped.

Ahsoka
    Sabine
    Ezra
    C1-10P
    Hera Sendulla

and...

MOTHER FUCKING LIVE ACTION GRAND ADMRIAL THRAWN

The baddest of the badasses in the empire. Forget about the Emperor, Dooku, Maul, Inquisitors, Snoke. All little bitches next to Thrawn. Hyper intelligent. Cold. Studious. Calculated. Every move and counter thought through well in advance. No magic powers to save him or fuel an ego. A bad guy that is amazingly good and compotent at being a leader of a large military force that kicks ass and takes names. Palpatine feared Thrawn. FUCK YEAH.

They even threw in an Heir to the Empire nod. Not sure if they're trying to adapt that story or not. I wouldn't be mad if they did.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    More episode 7-9 nonsense ?

So they REEEALLY want to Lose more money.
    Depends on where Filioni is taking this. The 1st order shit the bed, Palpatine, General Sux, and Kylo are gone. Thrawn just got revealed in the Ahsoka trailer, and he could easily be the big bad that 7-9 deserved. I'd be pumped to see a collision of Mando, Boba, Ahsoka, Rey, and Thrawn to put a close on all of this. Dave has been doing a good job tieing all of these stories together, but he takes his sweet ass time.

I just watched the last two episodes of Andor, that is probably the best Star Wars stuff I’ve ever watched. Mandalorian is pale by comparison, that too bad.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    Depends on where Filioni is taking this. The 1st order shit the bed, Palpatine, General Sux, and Kylo are gone. Thrawn just got revealed in the Ahsoka trailer, and he could easily be the big bad that 7-9 deserved. I'd be pumped to see a collision of Mando, Boba, Ahsoka, Rey, and Thrawn to put a close on all of this. Dave has been doing a good job tieing all of these stories together, but he takes his sweet ass time.
    I think you’re conflating different projects. Thrawn is gonna be the real baddie pulling Moff Gideon’s strings and figure in the next bunch of TV stories and Dave Filoni’s movie but the next trilogy with Rey is supposed to be a bunch of years after that. Are you saying that Thrawn somehow survives the Mando era, sits out the sequels for some reason, and then is the big baddie again for the new trilogy? Not sure that makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I just watched the last two episodes of Andor, that is probably the best Star Wars stuff I’ve ever watched.
    Indeed. It REALLY set the bar high. When going back to Mandalorian, I really had to recalibrate the lens in how I view it, coupled with a few stiff drinks. Then it's just silly fun again. Andor's a completely different narrative and style. God dang it was freaking good.

The rebels crew in live action battling thrawn with the help of the newly reunited mandalorians led by bokatan barebacking a mythosaur

I think there will be some overlap with this season’s mando and the ashoka show.

My prediction is that they're gonna fuck up Thrawn and they should have just left him in the books (Heir Trilogy and Outbound Flight). It's too much all at once and they can't manage these stories properly.

Besides, maybe Liam Neeson was right in that a SW release was beyond special two decades ago. Now it's how many series are we managing at one time, really?

Andor is excellent because it shows the universe from a completely different angle. Mando is good because.... they got lucky. Would anyone actually miss Bad Batch or Boba Fett if they never happened? I don't think so. Is Asoka going to end up like the former? I would be pleasantly surprised but not betting on it.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Asohka could be good, but the current Mando season leaves me careful.

I think you’re conflating different projects. Thrawn is gonna be the real baddie pulling Moff Gideon’s strings and figure in the next bunch of TV stories and Dave Filoni’s movie but the next trilogy with Rey is supposed to be a bunch of years after that. Are you saying that Thrawn somehow survives the Mando era, sits out the sequels for some reason, and then is the big baddie again for the new trilogy? Not sure that makes sense to me.
    Yeah the timeline wouldn't make sense.

There's timelines?!?!?
    I thought it was just a trash can of infinite parallel universes, completely independent of each other.

Please do not take me seriously; imma geezer who can't keep up.

I finally read the press piece and I was off base. They're making 3 seperate movies (not a trilogy):

1 set at the begining of the Jedi order (yawn)
    1 set as the culmination of the Mando, Boba and Ashoka shows
    1 set as after ep 9 with Rey making some kind of new jedi order

I think I'm more upset that they're treating the post ep. 6 world as some "Every 9 years some dickhead shows up with a massive army out of nowhere to take over the galaxy". Maybe they're going to somehow cast Thrawn into being the bridge between the Reminants of the Empire and the First Order.

I was ok with the idea of a post ep 9 trilogy and that Thrawn was watching from the outskirts and gathering power in the outer rim while the New Republic and 1st Order fought. Biding his time until they were both weak to strike and take it all. But then throw him up against the new superfriends squad of Rey (jedi master and teacher), Ashoka (old like ep4 obi-wan), Grogu (maybe a teenager now?), Bo, Din, Boba Fett, whomever is around from Rebels, and a rebuilt Mandilor. And now that I've written all that out, yeah it's a bad idea, that's way too much.