Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Mandalorian

Giddyup

The only thing worse than sand people are their punk ass kids.

Slow start, reserving judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Slow start, reserving judgement.
    My thoughts as well. Have faith

It sucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    It sucked.
    Yup. Better pick it up for the next few episodes or I'm done.

4 is my general over/under for a series like this.

I thought it was OK. But I had elevated hopes as Mando left me on such a high stoke level... but have to remember it needed to build a bit too.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Agree to disagree; I was all in from episode 1 for Mando.
    To be fair, Mando broke new ground from the very start, BF has to shed some residuals.

I’m starting to wonder if this show should change its name to Lawrence of Arrakis.

Yeah, I really want this show to be better than it’s been so far. I didn’t hate it I guess. There are some good elements. The twins’ bodyguard looked pretty badass. Hopefully we get to see him cause some shit down the road.

Def needs to move quicker. Total fan service (banished Wookie who's name I forgot cameo, here's how they make a Gaffi stick, etc.) Which I don't hate, but needs a story besides the background.

Agree; glacially slow plot development. Heck, 1st season first episode Mando - BANG - baby Yoda and we were flying.

Probably best not to compare.

Mandalorian

My guess is that this “book” is gonna have like 100 chapters.

My heady teen finds the pace refreshing.

One of my 11 yo’s pointed out that the wookie is another non-canon character being made canon.

Black Krssantan. Exiled wook turned bounty hunter and gun for hire. Worked for Jabba in the comics.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Def needs to move quicker. Total fan service (banished Wookie who's name I forgot cameo, here's how they make a Gaffi stick, etc.) Which I don't hate, but needs a story besides the background.
    Same same. There is lots of good potential, and this episode was better I thought, but the pace needs to pick up
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Looks like I'm in the minority, but I love it so far. While they could drop in a bit more of the current day time line, I've really enjoyed the background with the sand people. The way they set up the discussion of different tusken tribes to parallel the multiple crime families will be interesting to follow going forward.

Yeah, me too, I like it.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Judgement still reserved, but leaning more and more towards liking. 3rd episode will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Looks like I'm in the minority, but I love it so far. While they could drop in a bit more of the current day time line, I've really enjoyed the background with the sand people. The way they set up the discussion of different tusken tribes to parallel the multiple crime families will be interesting to follow going forward.
    Hopefully it leads to the Tusken Raider army being Bobbas muscle when needed across Tattoine

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Hopefully it leads to the Tusken Raider army being Bobbas muscle when needed across Tattoine
    That's a show that I can get behind!

Nope, robo millenials on space vespas! In a poorly depicted chase at that.

Not quite the muscle I had in mind.

Slow burn = better payoff. This isn't some MCU 3 hours of pure fighting headache with little to no plot or character development. I believe in Favreau and Filoni. They know how to do Star Wars better than Lucas ever knew.

If all you know is what was presented on a screen (movies and tv shows), Boba doesn't have a lot of screen time. You saw him as a kid in ep. 2, you saw him as a teen running with a bad crowd in The Clone Wars, (can't recall if he made a cameo in Rebels), he shows up in Ep 5 and 6 for a few minutes and doesn't say or do much, and finally he actually gets some development and real screentime in The Mandalorian. There's a lot to fill in to establish him (onscreen) as a bad motherfucker.

So far we have:

The Mayor as an enemy trying to take power
    The Hutt twins as an enemy trying to take power
    Some businesses trying to survive paying fealty to everyone
    The Gamorrean bros changing allegiances and becoming Boba's guards because Boba has some kind of morals
    Boba's backstory from escaping the sarrlack (which in the timeline, happened within the last 4-7 years), being captured by the Sand People and then proving his worth to them, becoming one of the tribe.
    The Train capture tied in all kinds of shit from The Clone Wars with the Kessle Spice and the Slavers/Crime syndicate

Keeping with the Space Western trope, the rest of the season pretty much already wrote itself. Boba and the Sand People are the closest thing we have to a white hat. Lots of bad guys being bad and double crossing each other. It's going to be fun.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

I feel the same way about the Vespas. A lot of the characters and props in this series belong on a Star Wars ride at Disney world rather than on the screen. And I don't think there's any way naked Boba would have survived the latest assasination attempt. His brains would have popped out like toothpaste out of a tube right at the start of it. Overall though, they haven't completely lost me yet. Its still better than The Rise of Skywalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    I believe in Favreau and Filoni. They know how to do Star Wars better than Lucas ever knew.
    This is maintaining my interest more than the show itself. But considering how many SW series are coming from D+ I think they have some pressure to keep interest high.

Personally I wish they’d drop plans for one series and use the money to upgrade their servers. Disney+ is easily the worst service I’ve used- every time I open it it requires multiple attempts to get the home menu to load, and some programs take multiple attempts.