Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Mandalorian

So, How is it?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Obi Wan - Excellent.
    Last edited by PNWbrit; 05-27-2022 at 12:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Yeah. Clone Wars was awesome. I haven't seen the later "3D" series, but the old cartoon network stuff was surprisingly great. Kids and I knocked that one out recently too. Wish I had watched it before because it explains a LOT about what takes place between Star Wars Eps 2 and 3.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Rebels is also fantastic as an animated series. Took a few episodes, but it's a great compliment to Clone Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Obi Wan - Excellent.
    Really? Just got done with the 2 episodes….and think it’s pretty awful. Little Leia is not a 10 year old..Flea?…..The new characters don’t seem to blend in….

I’ll keep watching cuz it’s Star Wars….

That actress was maybe 8 when that was filmed, right?

So far, the only two times to our knowledge that obi-wan came out of hiding was to save Princess Leia.

Question: How did Sevander (? Black female Inquisitor?) know about Leia's heritage and pull on Obi-Wan? Seems like if they know about Leia, then shirley they know about .... Luke??

Unlike The Mandolorian, this show relies too much on the deep SW cultural infrastructure for me, so I tend to lose patience and get fidgety.

Mandalorian

One of my 12 yo’s theory is that she simply knew that kenobi was very good friends with bail organa and was not aware of her true origins. And that she’s one of the kids in the opening scene of EP1.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    I’ll keep watching cuz it’s Star Wars….
    Yeah, me too. I feel exactly the same way I did about the beginning of Book of Boba Fett- skeptical but still hopeful

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Question: How did Sevander (? Black female Inquisitor?) know about Leia's heritage and pull on Obi-Wan? Seems like if they know about Leia, then shirley they know about .... Luke??
    Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    One of my 12 yo’s theory is that she simply knew that kenobi was very good friends with bail organa and was not aware of her true origins.
    They said so explicitly. She said her research in the archives revealed a connection between Obi Wan and Senator Organa.

Excellent focus there, Sir! I just saw her as a hate driven chatter box and kind of tuned her words out.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Watching Clone Wars with my kid is great Obi-Wan prep
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Yeah. Clone Wars was awesome. I haven't seen the later "3D" series, but the old cartoon network stuff was surprisingly great. Kids and I knocked that one out recently too. Wish I had watched it before because it explains a LOT about what takes place between Star Wars Eps 2 and 3.
    It's been said before, but I'll say it again: The Clone Wars animated series is the glue holding this newly developed franchise together. It is good enough that it completely redeems episodes 2 & 3 and moves them into the top half of SW films. If you watch episodes 1, 2, [all seasons of the animated clone wars], and then 3 and you're not moved by the ending of it, you're completely and utterly dead on the inside. It changes everything. Padme isn't a worthless character. Obi-Wan and Anakin aren't just acquaintances. The love between Padme and Anakin is real. Palptines politics and manipulation of the Jedi and Senate is masterful. The Jedi aren't just simpleminded dolts that fell into Palpatine's trap. Yeah, the acting still isn't great in the movies, but the characters now have all the depth they lacked before and you realize episode 3 is just a brief moment in a 7 year long story. The overall story is much richer for once you watch Clone Wars, it just needed to be ret-conned in. Not only all of that, it gave all the depth needed to launch all of these spin off series with enough background to be meaningful. Mandalorian, Boba Fett, Obi-Wan, and soon Asoka are all direct spin offs from Clone Wars.

All that said, Obi-Wan's reaction of hearing the news was visceral. Excited for what comes next, and excited that they're keeping it to just 6 episodes. Flea was a little distracting, but at the same time he did a good job of being a dangerous looking bounty hunter. My kids had no idea who he was though. Not sure how they're going to fix up the Grand Inquisitor situation though. He's not dead. Then again, Sith don't seem all that bothered by lightsaber wounds.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

Unlike The Mandolorian, this show relies too much on the deep SW cultural infrastructure for me, so I tend to lose patience and get fidgety.
    The Inquisitor is named Reva Sevander, aka Third Sister.

The deep infrastructure isn't all that deep. See above about the Clone Wars animated. And Mando is about to go balls deep into infrastructure Clone Wars set up. They were just dipping their toes before.

I love your balls deep enthusiasm, but I think you just demonstrated my observation

https://deadline.com/2022/05/obi-wan...ey-1235034293/

Full of kidnapped pint-sized princesses, Outer Rim workplace monotony, crises of confidence, well-timed throwbacks and plot holes, the opening of the six-episode series is a soiled mosaic of its influences — which, no matter how much Lawrence of Arabia you mix in with the original Blade Runner, some Matrix and an unseen Home Alone sequel, wilts faster than an orchid under the grueling twin suns of Tatooine.

That demise is made all the more scorched by the fact that significant swaths of Obi-Wan have a mid-1990s syndication cheapness to them, with slightly better lighting.
    ouch
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I love your balls deep enthusiasm, but I think you just demonstrated my observation
    If 22 minute cartoons are too much for you to handle and makes you fidgety, I can't help you. This isn't some 'you need to read 8 novels to get it' level of Star Wars nerddom. It's about ~50 hours of the best Star Wars has to offer in bite size pieces. Maybe 40 hours if you skip season 1 when it's a bit too campy.

If you've been on the ride for what, 11 films and 3 seasons of live action TV with Mando and Boba, do yourself a big favor here.

Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    If 22 minute cartoons are too much for you to handle and makes you fidgety, I can't help you. This isn't some 'you need to read 8 novels to get it' level of Star Wars nerddom. It's about ~50 hours of the best Star Wars has to offer in bite size pieces. Maybe 40 hours if you skip season 1 when it's a bit too campy.

If you've been on the ride for what, 11 films and 3 seasons of live action TV with Mando and Boba, do yourself a big favor here.
    Or at least just the original "2-D" Clone Wars series to start with. That's all I did and it still filled in a ton of gaps I was previously ignorant to. Only takes a couple hours total to knock out both seasons since each episode was bite sized. Neat how Disney+ strung them together into being like a movie. I have yet to watch the computer animated stuff, but def looking forward to it. In my queue for sure.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Is no one watching Kenobi? Holy shit today was good.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

, didn't realize the new episodes drop on Wednesdays. I'm ducking out until Friday night then.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Is no one watching Kenobi? Holy shit today was good.
    Haven't watched the 3rd episode yet (I usually watch with the family on the weekend), but the first 2 were awesome. I only care about being entertained, not Canon consistency, etc. They delivered in spades.

The last time I saw flea live was with boingo. It was an amazing show that I’ll never forget. But usually when I think of flea, I think of this performance

https://youtu.be/OclUfLjOsPc

Name:  IMG_8067.JPG
Views: 236
Size:  42.3 KB

Hoping Obi Wan is good. HS classmate was the body double/ stunt guy for Ewan McGregor, so I have been seeing subtle hints to the project he was working on for about a year now. Looking forward to diving in soon.

I didn’t know there were nude scenes!

Obi Wong Kanblowme?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Obi Wong Kanblowme?
    Warthog’s friend’s stage name?

Y’all remember Edward Penis Hands?