Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Mandalorian

Was that Bill Bur?
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Was that Bill Bur?
    Yes. I think so

Was that Bill Bur?
    that's what babby yoda said!

ok, can finally read this thread since I have now seen the whole season.

Question (which seems to be answered in this thread but want to confirm): I don't know the "universe" like some of y'all do, so I took "Baby Yoda" to actually be Yoda as a baby, but reading this thread, it seems like Baby Yoda is a baby of the same species, but not Yoda? So we don't know if it's Yoda's child, or just the same species, or whatever?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

same species. definitely not yoda since this is after episode 6. i believe a timeline was posted earlier.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    ok, can finally read this thread since I have now seen the whole season.

Question (which seems to be answered in this thread but want to confirm): I don't know the "universe" like some of y'all do, so I took "Baby Yoda" to actually be Yoda as a baby, but reading this thread, it seems like Baby Yoda is a baby of the same species, but not Yoda? So we don't know if it's Yoda's child, or just the same species, or whatever?
    Correct. Yoda died at the ripe old age of 900 about 5 years before The Mandalorian starts. 'The Child' is a ~50 year old creature that appears to be the same species as Yoda. This is the second being of Yoda's species to appear anywhere in the entire saga, so nobody knows much about them. Everyone is calling 'The Child' baby yoda because we have no idea what else to call it. Yoda has only ever been described as an unknown species.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

See I thought it was baby yoda - ‘cause yoda’s baby. Or is that just speculation at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Correct. Yoda died at the ripe old age of 900 about 5 years before The Mandalorian starts. 'The Child' is a ~50 year old creature that appears to be the same species as Yoda. This is the second being of Yoda's species to appear anywhere in the entire saga, so nobody knows much about them. Everyone is calling 'The Child' baby yoda because we have no idea what else to call it. Yoda has only ever been described as an unknown species.
    I never totally geeked out on the rest of the Star Wars universe with all the other books and backstories but I was shocked when I googled yoda's species and they've never explained where they came from or what exactly they are, and for such an iconic character. They mention some other "yodas" that were all jedi masters in the past but they've never said what the species is or where they come from. It just seemed hard for me to believe that no one in the Mandalorian knew what Yodito was when Yoda is such a big figure in the 3 original movies. Yoda's remain an enigma, wrapped in a riddle. Maybe the Mandalorian will eventually give us the untold story.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I seem to recall a theory that he was a clone of Yoda, but then maybe I saw somebody point out a detail from the show that subsequently shot that theory down?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Just as a point of contention, this baby Yoda thing pisses me off.

I had a hypothesis that Yoda was a human (or whatever species Luke, Leah, Anakin, etc. were), and that several hundred years ago, he got in an epic battle with a very powerful Sith that almost killed Yoda. And even with all of his force abilities and strength, Yoda could only ever recover to the Yoda that we all recognize. That's how epic the battle was, and how much damage was done, and how powerful Yoda is with the force, and how far gone he was, and how much he had to muster to even heal back to the point of the Yoda well all know and love. What a fucking epic series of stories that could have been!

From getting to know Yoda as a "human" person, to his training, to the development of the antagonistic relationship with the Sith Lord, to the betrayal, to the battle across time and galaxies, to the final epic battle, to the loss of hope, to the glimmer of recovery, to the battle for recovery, to the acceptance of his own limitations and the body he had healed and created that was a prison to him now, to his acceptance and embracing the body and his new understanding of the force and all life everywhere.

Fucking baby Yoda ruined all that.

Thanks, Walt!

Don't even get me started on my Obi Wan Kenobi in A New Hope is a mere clone of the actual long deceased (or is he!) Obi Wan Kenobi, and perhaps even A New Hope Obi Wan doesn't know he's a clone.

There are pages of backstory and corroborating details in the movies and EU that I'd developed for both of these hypotheses.

Buuuuuut Nooooooo! They never even thought to consult me! Dicks!
    Last edited by reckless toboggan; 01-15-2020 at 06:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Correct. Yoda died at the ripe old age of 900 about 5 years before The Mandalorian starts. 'The Child' is a ~50 year old creature that appears to be the same species as Yoda.
    So it's possible they hung out together? Bummer to live 900 years and just miss a chance to shoot the shit with yodito.

it really begs a bunch of questions about yodas

yoda sex? yoda birth? yoda egg?
    female/male or other?
    yoda home world is a bunch of little people? are they all hermits?
    kids are worthless for 50yrs & need care, but adults have abandoned this one?
    no yodas out looking for this one?
    is this one any better/worse than any other yoda (re: Force)?
    are there non-Force yodas? are they just completely worthless?

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    So it's possible they hung out together? Bummer to live 900 years and just miss a chance to shoot the shit with yodito.
    Unless Baby Yoda is Yoda’s baby which means that Yoda was still getting laid at age 855. Lil’ guy’s still got game.

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Thanks, Walt!
    Actually, maybe, Thanks, Jon!:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Baby Yoda, nameless in the series but referred to throughout as "the child," earned his nickname quickly after the show's premiere because it's the "easiest, shortest, most hashtaggable way" to identify the character, though inaccurate, Favreau said.
    The director played coy when asked whether Baby Yoda (or Baby Not-Yoda?) is related to the original character.
    "I can't say," he said. "But there are a lot of theories about that."
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Those Empire guys that were try to get their hands on "the child" knew that the baby was of the same species as the now deceased Yoda. What they were probably trying to find out is if there was some connection to the great Jedi master.

My guess is that Yoda's species may have some sort of asexual reproduction capability. That way if there is only one, they can still produce offspring. Maybe by laying some sort of egg that gestates for 100 years before hatching.
    In the end that offspring would essentially be a clone as no mixing of DNA is involved.
    So if Yoda laid an egg 145 years before he died and hid it with someone, this could indeed be Yoda's baby and clone at the same time.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Brownskii View Post
    Unless Baby Yoda is Yoda’s baby which means that Yoda was still getting laid at age 855. Lil’ guy’s still got game.
    Intergalactic bars + Jedi mind tricks. Better than roofies.

"Come back to my place, you must."
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Intergalactic bars + Jedi mind tricks. Better than roofies.

"Come back to my place, you must."
    thats brilliant. Now it makes sense to me. After 900 years, Yoda’s number must be enormous. There’s probably a couple hundred BYs sprinkled around the galaxy

keep in mind babby yoda is already 50 years old, so in that timeline babby must've been born about the same time as queen amygdala

Quote Originally Posted by f2f View Post
    . .........queen amygdala
    Seems off the mark; Imma go with Sweet Hypophysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    ...Yoda is such a big figure in the 3 original movies...
    um, he didn't appear until The Empire Strikes Back, if I remember correctly...

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

...My guess is that Yoda's species may have some sort of asexual reproduction capability. That way if there is only one, they can still produce offspring. Maybe by laying some sort of egg that gestates for 100 years before hatching...
    so, what you are saying is that Yoda might be like Jeriba Shigan?

Disney might be missing out on one helluva crazy, super-geek crossover here...

Y’all don’t remember Yaddle from Star Wars 1? She sits on the Jedi council and meets Anakin when he’s brought to meet the council for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Y’all don’t remember Yaddle from Star Wars 1? She sits on the Jedi council and meets Anakin when he’s brought to meet the council for the first time.
    She ain't the only other one according to Wookieepedia:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Yod...pecies/Legends

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Egg-actly. Maybe Yoda and Yaddle were more than just "work friends"

Ahsoka Tano is supposed to be in the next season of the Mandalorian. I’m curious if the stories will dovetail with the last scene of Star Wars rebels....?