Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Mandalorian

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    YEEEEEESSSSSSSSS! I don't care any more that this is Mando 2.5. The tie ins to this episode were unreal. So much to talk about.
    Seriously
    I think I prefer Mando 2.5 anyway

Now I have to get caught up.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Warning: total nerd out below;

Luke, Baby Grogu, Ahsoka and Cad F’ing Bane.

Nice.

Who’s next?

Hondo Ohnaka? The way they focused on the weequay bar tender after Cobb Vanth was shot, I think so.

This show feels like one giant excuse for fan service, versus any sort of story arc. I mean, I'm still watching, but it really isn't doing a thing for me (as someone who watched and enjoyed the movies but wasn't a SW nerd).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Mandalorian

The non movie characters, Ahsoka & Cad Bane, are from the Clone Wars cartoon which I watched with my kids, and it was actually a good show. The Clone Wars is where George Lucas basically handed off the creative torch to Dave Filoni, before selling the commercial side to the Devil Mouse corporation. Filoni is one of the director/producers of Fett & Mando.

This Boba Fett show is fan servicey mess, but it is still better than the last 3 movies.

Edit to say; I like being serviced

Cad motherfucking Bane. A worthy adversary for Boba Fett. Fuck yeah.

Filoni better keep Hondo out of this. Hondo will be his JarJar if he's not careful. This series has enough badasses in it that Hondo would just be a clown.

Clone Wars is required viewing at this point. It completely fixes Ep. 1 2 & 3 and connects it all together. And it makes the servicing feel wonderful.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    Who’s next?

Hondo Ohnaka? The way they focused on the weequay bar tender after Cobb Vanth was shot, I think so.
    LOL...I thought the exact same thing. In fact, Hondo and Cad Bane kinda had some overlap in my memory archive for some reason. But Hondo was goofy as fuck.

I guess it never occurred to me that Cad Bane survived the whole Clone Wars series, because this show takes place like one year post-ROTJ, right? Probably wise to put a limit on the animated series cameos.

Maybe some Sabine Wren/Asohka girl-on-girl action could save this. The Bo-Khatan thing was kinda cool, except she was a dick as only Starbuck could play.

Did we ever learn how Gus Fring got the dark saber?

BRB gonna order my Nite Owls 1/6 scale action figures.
    https://www.sideshow.com/collectible...cid=21k6_4zbuz

Lol

I wonder if Cad Bane and Fennec still have issues after their face off in the bad batch?

The marketing is totally working on my kids. Mostly lego, but their wish lists includes some high cost action figures.

One of my kids points out that the Armorer has a spiked helmet, like the death watch mandalorians that worked for and followed Maul. He points out that this will probably lead to remeeting solo’s old girlfriend because she presumably took over the crime syndicate that controlled the pykes after kanobi killed Maul. It’s unclear where that’s headed unless this brings in lando or solo or chewy into the orgasmic servicing.

Will Tano reappear in the boba fett series as one of the “muscles?” There have been press releases about who will play Sabine Wren in the Tano series, but maybe they will both show-up sooner…

A theory in my household is that grogu will go back to mando. Possibly, after mando and Luke are long dead, he may return to Jedi training. He’d be a tween at that point.

Mandalorian

Quote Originally Posted by bio-smear View Post
    Did we ever learn how Gus Fring got the dark saber?
    No details, other than he just bombed the entire planet and found it in the rubble.

I am sad they killed off Jennifer Beals’ character. Casting her as a Twilek Madam was a stroke of genius. Somebody should digitally add Twilek head thingies to her in Flashdance.

Disney needed a luv triangle between Fett, Beals’ character and Fenic Shand. This would keep the “shippers” happy.

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    No details, other than he just bombed the entire planet and found it in the rubble.

I am sad they killed off Jennifer Beals’ character. Casting her as a Twilek Madam was a stroke of genius. Somebody should digitally add Twilek head thingies to her in Flashdance.

Disney needed a luv triangle between Fett, Beals’ character and Fenic Shand. This would keep the “shippers” happy.
    To be fair we don’t know if she’s dead yet…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post

One of my kids points out that the Armorer has a spiked helmet, like the death watch mandalorians that worked for and followed Maul. He points out that this will probably lead to remeeting solo’s old girlfriend because she presumably took over the crime syndicate that controlled the pykes after kanobi killed Maul.
    Initially I imagined my 6 year old positing this theory and then realized your kid is probably older....right???

Quote Originally Posted by bio-smear View Post
    Initially I imagined my 6 year old positing this theory and then realized your kid is probably older....right???
    It came from the 11 year old.

I’m gonna have to watch that again. I may have to go watch some clone wars though. Was it just total mayhem fun or did we put an important story arc from the cartoon to bed there at the end?

Mods
    Heh

King Kong!

Mods are dumb.

I thought it stunk. Started to feel like one of those Doctor Who episodes from the Matt Smith era where the action just gets gratuitous and boring. The rancor biting Mando's helmet? Twice? The scooter kids? Everyone running around as a group? I thought we'd moved into better territory since ep5. Even Luke was too disgusted to show up.

Really hoping for a better show with Asohka.

It had moments, but the entire thing felt like it was written by a high school freshman. Also the big set-piece at the end kind of sucked. I expected better from Favereau and Filoni.

When The Mandalorian was announced, I didn’t expect to find this new character much cooler and interesting than Boba Fett, but here we are.

Surprised the Kenobi trailer didn't get posted here:

I had mixed feelings about the whole BF. The mods = Jarjar. It looked so out of place on Tatooine for them to be riding around in their bright candy colored Italian scooters. Boba didn't seem like much of a badass either. He was always getting his as kicked. The highlight was the train episode.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Once again, The Auralnauts fix the latest in Star Wars. May I offer up, The Book of ICE CREAM

And if you haven't seen extential troopers 1 and 2, do that as well. It's pretty much a padded room conversation in the star wars world

Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post

I thought it looked pretty promising.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Empire
    Star Wars
    Rogue One
    Return of the Jedi
    Solo
    The Force Awakens
    Revenge of the Sith
    The Last Jedi
    Phantom Menace
    Attack of the Clones
    The Rise of Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post

O noes, Obi One is out the same day as Stranger Things 4. Can Obi defeat the Demogorgon?

Watching Clone Wars with my kid is great Obi-Wan prep