Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: Mandalorian

What??? Book of Boba Fett continues the storyline of The Mandalorian??? Jeeze nice to know that DISNEY+

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    What??? Book of Boba Fett continues the storyline of The Mandalorian??? Jeeze nice to know that DISNEY+
    Weren't you around in the thread back then when we all agreed that Boba Fett was Mando season 2.5? The back half of Book of Boba season 1 was saved by Mando showing up and making it a better show.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

I don't think I've ever read this thread before yesterday (If I have it was only a page or two, I certainly haven't followed it).

and VERY happy to hear that about the 2nd half of the season, I watched the first two episodes and was thinking man, Boba Fett is no Mandalorian (or Andor even). The actor (Boba) kinda sucks IMO. Hes not even in the same talent universe as Pedro Pascal.

mando s3e1: enjoyable but no Andor.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    Haven't watched it yet, but yeah. Andor has set a seriously high bar. I find myself having to compartmentalize the different shows and can appreciate them for what they are. Boba was just kind of silly fun for me. Not to be taken too seriously. Through that lens, it's much more enjoyable.

I was a little disappointed with e1. W/o giving things away, after episode 1, I was hoping that episode 2 could also be immediately watched.

An npr reviewer is calling it “table setting disease,” which seems like a accurate name.

For those who haven’t seen E1 yet, consider waiting for e2 to be available and watch both back to back. Hopefully, this is the way.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    Planning on watching it tonight. Keep in mind, Andor was no picnic for the younger crowd as it was just a hard, heavy drama with spurts of action. My kids bailed out by episode 3.

Good God is this show bad (BoBF). The only worse actor, than the dude who plays Boba, is his co-"star" Fennec Shart or whatever. The chick is so wooden and stiff she's absolutely awful.

Danny Trejo shows up as a Rancor handler??? (who, it turns out, are actually very sweet and kind loving creatures most of the time! ). Don't even get me started on the fucking teenage gang riding around on day-glo rainbow Vespa scooter-bikes. OMG I just can't. I don't even think I can make it another episode to see what happens with Mando & Grogu.

Skip to the last 3.

This is the way.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

I need to start more sentences with “The songs of eons past foretold…”.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Good God is this show bad (BoBF). The only worse actor, than the dude who plays Boba, is his co-"star" Fennec Shart or whatever. The chick is so wooden and stiff she's absolutely awful.

Danny Trejo shows up as a Rancor handler??? (who, it turns out, are actually very sweet and kind loving creatures most of the time! ). Don't even get me started on the fucking teenage gang riding around on day-glo rainbow Vespa scooter-bikes. OMG I just can't. I don't even think I can make it another episode to see what happens with Mando & Grogu.
    While those dorky Vespa scooters were lame, you didn't like Danny Trejo's little role? Haha.

Here's the thing about BoBF. You HAVE to view it through an entirely different lens than the likes of Andor or even Mandalorian. It's cheesy, sure, but it's MEANT to be more fun and light-hearted. Think of it more like a Star Wars related comic book if you will. Don't take it seriously and perhaps pair with a triple size bourbon drink, and you just might have a good time. Sure, check your brain at the door and treat it like a classic 80s B movie.

If it helps your recalibration, remember. Robert Rodriguez was one of the directors (thus the Danny Trejo part), along with Steph Green, Dave Filoni, Bryce Dallas Howard, and Kevin Tancharoen. That batch of directors has all sorts of fun cheesy goodness in their filmographies between the lot of them.

I think the problem with BoBF was that it was set up to be more serious, and that's what people were expecting, but it ended up being anything but. I was kind of confused the first couple episodes as it seemed just so... off, BUT when I looked up the production side of things I was like "Ohhhhhhh, NOW it makes sense." Helped me to actually really end up enjoying it. Inebriated, yes, but still. I had fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    I need to start more sentences with “The songs of eons past foretold…”.
    Yeah, that was cool but at what point do you start sounding like one of the obsessed Trekkie’s that talk to to each other in Klingon? You gotta be careful.

BoBF Calibration check right here:

Set your mind accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    BoBF Calibration check right here:

Set your mind accordingly.
    HA! That's perfect. Indeed. Calibrate to this and it all makes more sense somehow. LMAO.

The ice cream truck music had me dying. 🤣

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Thoughts so far? We’re two episodes in and I don’t really have a sense of what season 3 is gonna be about.

Personally, I'm digging it. I thought episode 2 was great. My guess is Din and Grogu tame the Mythosaur and unite the warring factions this season.

Did y’all think Din and Bokatan were gonna bathe together?!

Season 3 will be about Grogu becoming a Mandalorian while Din Djarin wrestles with what that title really means. After much bickering they will unite the Mando factions to fight some post-Empire baddie with Grogu taking up the Dark saber and riding a dinosaur in the last minutes of the last episode to save everyone. At this moment it will become clear that "The" Mandalorian is Grogu, not Din Djarin.

Just watched #3 and I’m somewhat intrigued. Bo’s character is developing in an interesting way

How come y'all didn't tell me how fucking good Andor was????

I was trying to watch with my kiddo but she kept deferring until finally I decided I was watching on my own. Binged all 12 episodes over a week or two. Fuck that was good.

Will now start on Mandalorian S3, just need to know if my daughter is in or out.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I think Andor is the best thing to come out of the Star Wars universe in a long long time

But Andor didn’t have bo and din bathing together…

This is the way!!!

Mandalorian is total fan service.

I am a fan since1977 and that Pirate episode serviced me in so many ways.

My 9 yo is a huge fan, knows more than me these days with clone wars, books, etc. and he was totally serviced.

If you aren't watching Bad Batch, I will recommend it again.