Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Mandalorian

I saw a headline today that Mandalorian Season 4 is in production already. Not sure when season 3 is gonna air. Hopefully they move it up

So .... it involves time travel???

I went and saw Rogue One in IMAX yesterday. That's the best Star Wars movie, not including 4-6 of course.

Holy shit it's good.

They showed a nine minute preview of Andor and I think it's going to be really good too.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Hoo boy. The Book of Boba Fett and Kenobi had me discouraged but this looks good

Hope you're right, and it washes the bad taste of Boba Kanobi out of my mouth.

I got through the first three episodes of Andor and I’m still wildly optimistic that this could be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    I got through the first three episodes of Andor and I’m still wildly optimistic that this could be good.
    Agreed. Liked the change in style that the Bourne guy has brought in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Glad they let me binge the first 3 in one go. The first two I found slow, but that third episode has me excited.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    I went and saw Rogue One in IMAX yesterday. That's the best Star Wars movie, not including 4-6 of course.

Holy shit it's good.
    Indeed. Rogue One was very good.

Just watched Rogue One with my 11yo. She'd watched all the other movies but I initially held that one back because it's a straight up war movie and all the characters die. But she's older now and she enjoyed it, but she was kinda surprised near the end, she said something line "but wait, they're gonna die if they do that!"

On to Andor!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Just watched Rogue One with my 11yo. She'd watched all the other movies but I initially held that one back because it's a straight up war movie and all the characters die. But she's older now and she enjoyed it, but she was kinda surprised near the end, she said something line "but wait, they're gonna die if they do that!"
    Now that you guys have watched Rogue One, you should go back and re-watch A New Hope. Rogue One REALLY gives this scene a whole lot more weight:

On one hand, you can see why those first three episodes of Andor were bundled together on opening day. On the other, those three plus the next episode, are all pretty exceptional!

Best Star Wars content since Mando.

I didn't realize there was a season 7 of Clone Wars from 2020. I found that show to go from an okish waste of time / kids dreck to something of more quality over the years. The final season wraps it all up quite nicely giving some extra context before A New Hope and has a more coherent storyline arching over the season than the typical 1,2 [side quests nonsense] x-1, x that you seen in a lot of SW content (looking at you Mando). There is still plenty offiller pew pew dumbness that you can scrub through but the end was totally worth it if you want some comfort entertainment type snackfood or have kids to watch with.

eta: maybe i am being too harsh or getting it confused with rebels, because last time clone wars was made prior was 2014. yes, there is a lot of dumb stuff but there are some nuggets.

here's a best of fight scenes. like i said, often i am happy to skip this stuff even though sometimes the dialog is no better. But other times, it's kind of cool like when Maul takes Mandalor.

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones View Post
    On one hand, you can see why those first three episodes of Andor were bundled together on opening day. On the other, those three plus the next episode, are all pretty exceptional!

Best Star Wars content since Mando.
    Are we the only ones watching this? Definitely a slow-burn spy-thriller feel but I think it's been awesome. Not sure how many episodes are left this season but they don't seem close to tying this into his appearance in Rogue One so I'm hoping there will be more seasons in the works. Plenty of characters and stories to still flesh out.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I'm watching. As mentioned somewhere in this thread it says "STAR WARS" so I'll watch it. so far it's 7/10 for me. Are there too many different stories being told? Why am I seeing Mon Mothma's daughter in all her petulance?
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

I am not caught up but Andor through the first four has been excellent.
    Last edited by ex-powderbroker; 10-21-2022 at 01:42 PM.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

If it stays on its current trajectory then Andor S1 will easily be the best Star Wars thing Disney has done.

I’m still watching Andor too. I agree it’s way better than Boba and Kenobi- maybe on par with the Mandalorian.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    I’m still watching Andor too. I agree it’s way better than Boba and Kenobi- maybe on par with the Mandalorian.
    Agreed. It is well done. Since it doesn't involve Jedi and Siths and such, it just seems so much more grounded. It is really cool to see the shadowy slow buildup to full revolution.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Kind of a Star Wars for the supporting cast; tends to reduce the over the top melodrama/chest beating/hair rending.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Kind of a Star Wars for the supporting cast; tends to reduce the over the top melodrama/chest beating/hair rending.
    Yeah. Also I think it’s cool that they’re back to putting the thing in the context of the whole society. The Mandalorian does the same thing. The sequels mostly abandoned that part. Boba and Kenobi have tried but did it less successfully.

After I watch these solid series like Mando and Andor and then watch part of the movie prequels/sequels, I end up hating the movies more.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    After I watch these solid series like Mando and Andor and then watch part of the movie prequels/sequels, I end up hating the movies more.
    Truth !!!
    I always groan: whyyyy Ms. Kennedy????
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Truth !!!
    I always groan: whyyyy Ms. Kennedy????
    Especially the prequels. Just sooooooo bad.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    I've always thought the best new star wars movies/shows were ones not tied to either the original story line or the original characters. I really liked Solo but it had nothing to do with Vader and Skywalker and the original storyline. Likewise Rogue One, probably my favorite after the original three, is tied to the original storyline pretty closely but has almost none of the original characters. The originals were almost like moment in time and even for new audiences the cheesiness is part of the appeal and that can't just be recreated 20-30 years later. Stepping away from all that lets them create movies/shows that are more believable and relatable to modern tastes.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."