Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32

Thread: Mandalorian

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    I really wish the actor who plays Baylan didn’t pass away. Such a great character so far.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    true but he is getting killed.

episode 6 was the best yet, glad this isn't just some hokey rebels with live actors although the best parts are definitely not related to rebels either.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    true but he is getting killed.

episode 6 was the best yet, glad this isn't just some hokey rebels with live actors although the best parts are definitely not related to rebels either.
    Loved episode 6. Had fan service for Rebels fans while keeping it from being over the top. Can't wait for the next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Loved episode 6. Had fan service for Rebels fans while keeping it from being over the top. Can't wait for the next episode.
    Exactly. That battle scene was REALLY well done. Almost perfectly some might say. Just caught up on everything this weekend and as far as the show goes overall, whereas Episodes 1-2 were ok, from 3 forward it really gets going and now I'm all in. I'm pleasantly surprised with how the show turned out... so far. The Thrawn story is LONG overdue so it's great to finally see him getting some live action love.

Worst ever Star Wars stuff. It’s like watching a skit on SNL. It’s so fucking bad. The scenes where the green chick is flying with the little shit-kid are horrendously bad. Like Dr Who levels of production.
    crab in my shoe mouth

I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Exactly. That battle scene was REALLY well done. Almost perfectly some might say. Just caught up on everything this weekend and as far as the show goes overall, whereas Episodes 1-2 were ok, from 3 forward it really gets going and now I'm all in. I'm pleasantly surprised with how the show turned out... so far. The Thrawn story is LONG overdue so it's great to finally see him getting some live action love.
    For some reason I got the vibe that Thrawn doesn't make it out of season 1. I will be so pissed off if that happens, but I'd imagine Filoini has 2-3 seasons of story here. But yes, all of the Thrawn love. The Star Wars big baddie we deserve. Cold, calculated and brutal. Kept the Chimera aloft and his crew together for 20 years or so without resupply. The dude Palpatine was afraid of. No space laser swords, no dance fighting, no magic tricks.

And yeah, the plot feels apparent from here. Thrawn + witches start fixing up the star destroyer with enough baling wire, duct tape, and witch magic enough to make the jump home. Ahsoka arrives in time to catch up with Ezra and Sabine, just before Baylan +1 arrive to fight. During the fight Thrawn does a fly by, waves out the window, and ditches them all because he needed a distraction so Ahsoka didn't wreck his day. They all played their part but are now just liabilities he can leave behind. The lightsaber weilding supergroup will join together to find a way home. Hera will be at the New Republic defense committee hearing getting yelled and demoted when the call comes in that Thrawn is back and just absolutely thrashed a dozen of their best using his one broke ass ship before jumping off to destination unknown to regather his strength. The committee starts trying to kiss Hera's ass, but she already walked out with chopper to go commit some court-marshall offences. Thrawn meets up with the first order council and sets up shop. The jedi supergroup makes a lightsaber pentagram at the witch tower and Scotty beams them aboard the enterprise at warp speed just before they slingshot around the sun, flinging them all back home. Or to earth circa 1984.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

Isn’t there a movie coming out that links ahsoka, mando, grogu, thrawn, and Khan Wrath?

¡FKNA!

i gotta go change my shorts

Ahsoka season finale was great. Too bad it's over now tho. I ended up enjoying the show a lot more than I had originally anticipated. I was honestly expecting a boring dud, but ended up being pleasantly surprised. A lot of people discounted the show after the first couple episodes, but then after those it really got going. Reminds me of some of the Star Trek shows where it took the writers a while to get their footing. Particularly TNG and DS9. Like those, Ahsoka was worth sticking with it.

So I was flipping around and found that FX is playing the original movies today. I caught the final scenes of the original, stuck around through the battle of Hoth, then went out to do some errands. I just sat down again at the beginning of ROTJ and just noticed, after all these years, that Luke had a blaster in his hand when he fell through the trap door into the rancor pit. He gets to the bottom of the slide and no blaster. Is this a known inconsistency? Is there an explanation in cannon? Can’t believe I never noticed that before.

Maybe he dropped it while getting bashed up down the garbage chute?

Maybe the blaster ended up wherever they put the quality writers who did the first two seasons of Mando?

Mando 3 was shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

New season of Bad Batch is so good.
    Biased as I get to watch with a 10 yr old I brought up on the trilogies and later Clone Wars

Agree ^^^