Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Mandalorian

Was Baby Yoda doing the roller coaster wave there? That cracked me up.

Holy crap that was good.

By far the best episode yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Can we get Bo Katan and the drop trooper/marshal together in an episode?

I mean i dont want hot girl on girl warrior action but...

Yeah I do

How long before “Dank Farrik” is a strain of weed.

What film(s) were being specifically alluded to when watching the dog fight through the binoculars?

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    And the cloning may be a reference to the Rise of Skywalker, which is,,,,,,well.......whatever.
    Yeah looked like Snoke copies in the tanks. God I wish I could erase the sequel garbage from existence.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Completely missed the midi-chlorian reference by the scientist hologram. Things are starting to come together well.

What is Moff Gideon gonna do when he finds out Ashoka Tano is around? Is he too scared to confront a real Jedi or is the prospect of draining her blood enticing enough to go all in attempting to capture her?

Mandalorian

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    What is Moff Gideon gonna do when he finds out Ashoka Tano is around? Is he too scared to confront a real Jedi or is the prospect of draining her blood enticing enough to go all in attempting to capture her?
    Yes, forget the kid, Ashoka has a lot more blood. Of course she might be hard to catch.
    Last edited by This End Up; 11-22-2020 at 04:12 AM.

Am I mis-remembering or did they drop an episode early on Thanksgiving last year?

Holy crap. Grogu...Ashoka...and a Thrawn mention.
    You should have been here yesterday!

MOTHER FUCKING THRAWN!!!!!!!

Thrawn will make Gideon his little bitch. I just hope they don't bring Ezra back as well and turn this into a jedi vs. old empire thing. I like my space western as is.

Also loved Asoka with the PTSD. She totally has the 1000 yard stare. Girl has been through some shit and she shown through in this one.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

I don’t know; I think I’m a little underwhelmed. I feel like Ashoka should have been a little more engaged with baby Yoda and Mando shouldn’t have accepted her rejection “maybe go check out this old temple” so easily. And the Magistrate and her goons were so easy to defeat I question why they were still in charge at that point. Seems like a filler episode to to just move Mando and baby yoda further down the road and provide a springboard for an Ashoka spin off. With only eight episodes per season, each one ought to be a masterpiece.

Kind of agree with this^^^^
    As some one less versed in the Star Wars Universe, it did seem a little flat to me. But ...... I defer to the more knowledgeable and younger than I.

I’m also not happy about Grogu. I’d have named him Chet or Biff.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Completely missed the midi-chlorian reference by the scientist hologram. Things are starting to come together well.

Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I don’t know; I think I’m a little underwhelmed. I feel like Ashoka should have been a little more engaged with baby Yoda and Mando shouldn’t have accepted her rejection “maybe go check out this old temple” so easily. And the Magistrate and her goons were so easy to defeat I question why they were still in charge at that point. Seems like a filler episode to to just move Mando and baby yoda further down the road and provide a springboard for an Ashoka spin off. With only eight episodes per season, each one ought to be a masterpiece.
    Tough crowd...
    PB, you dont need the history, was it fun to watch?

& Brownski Ashoka spent a ton of time with just Grogu. You want to waste more screen time of them chatting and cuddling? She said she cant train him or take him, what should he of done/said? The child has bonded with him for good or bad.
    They discussed why Ashoka couldnt take the fort city alone, too much firepower for her to evade/deflect.
    Every episode is set to move them down the road. Each has a villain/task to overcome & a bit more to add to the story as it moves along. Its an episodic drama.

I thought it was great.

The Jedi children are not supposed to be bonded to specific adults, even their parents.

which is why they are traditionally removed early. Anakins bond with his mother, a reason the council originally pushed back on training him, is a good example of why.
    Obviously, times are different for this creature, and one of the reasons Ashoka decided against training it

And the Magistrate and her goons were so easy to defeat I question why they were still in charge at that point.
    The Magistrate lasted a few minutes in a duel against Ashoka. Given Ashoka's resume, that's pretty impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    MOTHER FUCKING THRAWN!!!!!!!
    I have a text chain with some buddies where we yell about each episode to each other. My wifi went out right before this reveal, and so as I was scrambling to hook the TV up to my phone I was inundated with messages to this effect. Was so pissed, but am also so excited to see him in live action. Also, potential for some Revan weirdness on Tython!!? Count me in!

Meh on Revan.

I became a Thrawn fan back in the TIE fighter computer game era, followed up by Zahn's (now non-canon) novels. Thrawn was the baddest of the bad ass imperial admirals. Stone cold. Calculating. Respected his enemy. Studied them, their culture, their art and then used it in battle. Dude was a machine driven to win. Was always ten steps ahead of the battle. In a galaxy plagued with bumbling fools, half baked plans, desperate folks relying on hope and luck, and people wearing their hearts on their sleeve, he was a pragmatic breath of fresh air. Show up for work ready to work and kick ass all day.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    which is why they are traditionally removed early. Anakins bond with his mother, a reason the council originally pushed back on training him, is a good example of why.
    Obviously, times are different for this creature, and one of the reasons Ashoka decided against training it
    I think we’re on the same page here....

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    The Magistrate lasted a few minutes in a duel against Ashoka. Given Ashoka's resume, that's pretty impressive.
    My take was that Tano was working the Magistrate trying to get her info before taking her down.

I wonder if the actor playing the Magistrate choreographed the fight scene.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I think we’re on the same page here....

My take was that Tano was working the Magistrate trying to get her info before taking her down.

I wonder if the actor playing the Magistrate choreographed the fight scene.
    mucho same page.

Also think Thrawn is her journey, which makes sense and only tangential to Mando's quest. Likely wont appear again with him, but that spinoff mentioned...

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Also think Thrawn is her journey, which makes sense and only tangential to Mando's quest. Likely wont appear again with him, but that spinoff mentioned...
    I'd watch an Ahsoka v. Thrawn show, but sadly Ahsoka's mission would likely be to find Ezra which is meh. Thrawn attempting to hold together the remnants and rebuild the empire post Endor though, that has potential.