Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Mandalorian

Best I could do
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4ECC0B38-2347-4D2A-A0A7-79EA0CEF12D5.jpeg 
Views:	62 
Size:	264.6 KB 
ID:	345520  

Mandalorian

Slightly excited for tonight and the release!
    Last edited by PowTron; 10-29-2020 at 07:37 PM.
    You should have been here yesterday!

SPOILER ALERT

Raylan Givens!
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

That was a good episode

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    SPOILER ALERT

Raylan Givens!
    I was gonna say sheriff Bullock. That was a fun episode. I guess I’m spoiled by being able to stream whole seasons of a show in a weekend. Waiting on weekly episodes is so hard

Mandalorian

We are stoked to wait each week. This is the first time in my son’s life that he and his friends are looking forward to a show each week. Look forward to over hearing their Weekend discussion of the episodes. Binge watching is so common, nice to go back to waiting a week and looking forward to something over the span of a few months. This is the way.

Mandalorian

Probably a bit due to Jon Favreau directing this one, but lots of flashbacks to earlier movies. Amy Sedaris is great.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Great first episode for season 2! Love watching this with my kids... it brings back the nostalgia far more than those other Star Wars movies in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    I was gonna say sheriff Bullock. That was a fun episode. I guess I’m spoiled by being able to stream whole seasons of a show in a weekend. Waiting on weekly episodes is so hard
    It was a hard choice but I just finished Justified as a Covid binge watch so it's fresh in my mind.
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Was kind of hoping for some Bullock/Givens/agent 47 bad-assery, but in retrospect that wouldn't have fit the narrative.

That was a good start to the season! Talking in the sand people language would give me a sore throat.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Was kind of hoping for some Bullock/Givens/agent 47 bad-assery, but in retrospect that wouldn't have fit the narrative.
    "sit down before I put a hole in your chest" was pretty close
    fire

rails are for trains

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    "sit down before I put a hole in your chest" was pretty close
    I think Timmy's actually lost his raging furnace stare, hard to keep when you're old, wrinkly and grizzled. Should have named the episode "The Old Marshal".

That was Boba Fett at the end right? Isn’t that his armor that the Marshall is wearing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    That was Boba Fett at the end right? Isn’t that his armor that the Marshall is wearing ?
    Since it’s out there now... yes and yes. The credits confirm it’s the same actor who played Jango Fett in Attack of the Clones.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    Since it’s out there now... yes and yes. The credits confirm it’s the same actor who played Jango Fett in Attack of the Clones.
    There is a small chance he is one of the clones, Commander Cody, Captain Rex, or a billion other clones made from Jango Fett’s DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    There is a small chance he is one of the clones, Commander Cody, Captain Rex, or a billion other clones made from Jango Fett’s DNA.
    Possible. But last week the AV Club had a roundup of characters leading into S2 and it included Boba Fett. I was pissed, especially when their review treated it as a spoiler to avoid at all costs. They already let the cat out. Stupid me clicking on it.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    I think Timmy's actually lost his raging furnace stare, hard to keep when you're old, wrinkly and grizzled. Should have named the episode "The Old Marshal".

I'm guessing it is Boba. In the book on Bounty Hunters he does survive the Saarlac.
    fire

rails are for trains

www.theguideshut.ca

Captain Rex and the other clones were age accelerated so they are MUCH older than the person at the end...who is Boba.

Captain Rex was in Rebels and confirmed to have fought at the battle of Endor in the new Disney canon. He had grey hair.
    You should have been here yesterday!

FWIW: We're about 30-35 years after the clone wars. Rex, Cody and the other clones were grey haired/bald 10 years post clone wars in Rebels. I'm unclear if the age acceleration process stopped once the clones left the facility, or if it's in their genes/dna and they age faster until death. It's probably whatever Disney makes up for the story. Even at a doubled growth rate, the clones would be the equivalent of 70-90 years old which is still plausible that they could be alive at this point.

Jengo got beheaded in Ep. 2, Boba looked to be around 10-14 years old in Ep 2, which would make him 40-49 years old in the Mandalorian, if Disney decides that he survived the Sarlacc. Plenty old enough to look that grizzled.

The added bonus is since they're all modeled on the same adult, any character could be played by the same actor. Speculate away! My $0.02 is that it's Boba Fett because it just makes sense for a big picture plot. Escaped the sarlac somehow on Tatooine (maybe lost his armor in the escape) and has been drifting around on the planet getting is act back together, sarlac killed by the sand worm thing, jawas collect the armor from sarlac corpse, Boba gets word of this marshal in his armor and starts tracking him down. Mando beats him to the punch and now Boba is chasing down Mando + high value asset. WTF would Rex/Cody have to do with any of this? Luke/Leia/New Republic chasing down baby yoda?
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Think you meant Jawas got Boba's armor from Sarlac/Sand Worm poop.

Maybe Boba had to give up his armor to the Jawas to survive so now he isn’t allowed to put it back on based on their religion?

I thought boba wasn’t really a mandalorian. Just uses the armor.

Rewatch Binge in effect....