Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Mandalorian

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    It is definitely a grittier star wars. I like it so far, but it's going to get hard to stay invested in a main protagonist that is always behind a helmet.

Now if these guys show up...

Name:  1_XKy7SKMRyaDpIp1WFzxisQ.jpeg
Views: 1081
Size:  138.8 KB
    Yeah, I've seen this one already. Instead of the Man with No Name, it has the Man with No Face.

And that's ok; Star Wars was at its best when it was simple. It was just borrowing basic genre elements of fairy tales and fantasy literature and changing the setting to space opera. There could be worse things than a Star Wars spaghetti western. It's a stripped down style and, one thing is for sure: the more complicated a Star Wars product gets, the dumber it seems.

Guess I'm going to have to sign up for Disney+. I've been waiting for something like this since I was 13.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Im currently watching the whole tale from Episode 1 to Rise of Skywalker when it comes out.

Im 8 episodes into the Clone Wars meow.

I also got the new Jedi game that just came out....

Me...
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Haha

How the he値l do I get this on my tv? I signed up, and have an LG smart TV which is supported, but I知 failing at getting it on the tv.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepHelmet View Post
    How the he値l do I get this on my tv? I signed up, and have an LG smart TV which is supported, but I知 failing at getting it on the tv.
    Use the force.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by DeepHelmet View Post
    How the he’ll do I get this on my tv? I signed up, and have an LG smart TV which is supported, but I’m failing at getting it on the tv.
    I have Roku TV and there was a app.

So fuggin good.

so many cultural references. clint eastwood is obvious, but there are a ton more. like last night the stormtroopers were trying to affix flashlights to their guns in an obvious reference to Doom III

I love it. Kid loves it too: https://i.imgur.com/UfKVszp.jpg

i'll have to beat some people up to get that plushie when it starts selling.

Quote Originally Posted by f2f View Post
    so many cultural references. clint eastwood is obvious, but there are a ton more. like last night the stormtroopers were trying to affix flashlights to their guns in an obvious reference to Doom III

I love it. Kid loves it too: https://i.imgur.com/UfKVszp.jpg

i'll have to beat some people up to get that plushie when it starts selling.
    Cabbage patch kids of 2019.

Instead of moms hitting other moms with purses at Toys R Us, to get this year's must have gift, there will be organized raids on Amazon fulfillment centers.

Could have done without the whole Iron Man thing at the end of episode 3.

Otherwise still excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Been really liking this series so far. Has a cool western vibe to it

Series is great.

Also agree wholeheartedly with DJSapp's ranking of the various SW properties. Though I haven't seen the cartoons. Kid me was actually entertained by the Ewok movies (weren't there two of them?). But that means fuckall because kid me was easily entertained. See also: shitty Disney movies from the 70s like Return to Witch Mountain and whatnot.

Borrowing D+ password from wife's brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Could have done without the whole Iron Man thing at the end of episode 3.

Otherwise still excellent.
    Pffffff. Amateur.

Those battle droids have been around since Phantom Menace.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Ewok movies (weren't there two of them?). But that means fuckall because kid me was easily entertained. See also: shitty Disney movies from the 70s like Return to Witch Mountain and whatnot..
    The Ewok Adventure: Caravan of Courage and The Battle for Endor. They slot in between Emipre and Return of the Jedi.

Epic films of struggle and family.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post

We can debate if episode 8 was good or just ok, but by my count Disney hasn't put out any abominations.
    Please stop the crack.
    I'd rather see Jar Jar and the annoying anakin child actor together again in a musical than any of this plothole and general universe raping idiocy that was episode 8.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Other than the Mandalorian killing that MudHorn with a 3 inch blade to the shoulder I知 liking the series.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Pffffff. Amateur.

Those battle droids have been around since Phantom Menace.
    he's referring to the rest of the Mandalorians coming out hiding to rescue the main character

I too think it's a great show/series. Longer episodes please Disney.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Episode 3 was the best Star Wars since Rogue One. Great television.

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    he's referring to the rest of the Mandalorians coming out hiding to rescue the main character
    This is the way.

Im really happy so far. Episode 4 was excellent in my opinion and finally broke 40 minutes. Hopefully they keep up the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post

I too think it's a great show/series. Longer episodes please Disney.
    Exactly.

Particularly the one mandalorian flying alongside and saluting. Just too much Robert Downey Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Fuck Disney and their fucking monopoly. That shit is supposed to be illegal.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Enjoying the series and the many references to original LucasArts stuff.

The homage to IndianaJones with the crawler scraping its sides on the cliffs was awesome. Yoda / Mando E.T. finger touch. I am sure there were others i'm forgetting now. The only one I could have done without was the bar fight intro, we don't need a damn bar fight in every StarWars (tm) property.

Looking forward to the next dose.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi