Thread: Mandalorian

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I like all these Star Wars things, (except for the cartoons),
    The cartoons are the best part of it.
    All the backstory the trilogies were built on

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    The cartoons are the best part of it.
    All the backstory the trilogies were built on
    Like Droids and Ewoks? My kids LOVE those old shows. Haha. More recently though, the Clone Wars series that used to air on Cartoon Network ended up being surprisingly enjoyable and it helped the "prequel" trilogy make SO much more sense.

When the prequels came out, I didn't like them all that much. Except Revenge of the Sith. That one was rad from the get go. THEN earlier this year, I revisited the series with my kids, watching them from Eps 4 to 5 to 6, then 1 and 2 to Clone Wars. Haven't done 3 yet as I want to wait until they're older for that one. Either way, I had a WAY better time with Episodes 1 and 2 this time around. It makes far more sense now that the SW franchise has fleshed out so much more of the story, and now I can appreciate more about it. Jar Jar Binks still sucks, and even my kids found him annoying, but I just give it a pass and ignore it, and focus on what's actually good about it. That said, of course the creature CG has aged REALLY poorly compared to the practical effects of the earlier ones. Real puppets FTW!!! You just can't beat that for longevity.

As said many times before, seasons 3.5-7 of the Clone Wars is peak Star Wars.

Fight me.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    As said many times before, seasons 3.5-7 of the Clone Wars is peak Star Wars.

Fight me.
    I haven't seen them yet, but looking forward to it. Still trying to finish up Andor. Just watched Ep 8. Been wild watching the creators flesh out the inner workings of the Empire. No wonder the rebels got so pissed. Those guys went next level with the whole Prison Industrial Complex idea.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Those guys went next level with the whole Prison Industrial Complex idea.
    Andor does a great job of filling out what I call the normal, everyday evil of the empire. Sure, they blew up Alderrann and glassed a portion of Scarriff, which makes for movie stuff, but every single day you were one parking ticket away from being shipped off to a forced labor camp for years. Nothing else in the normal SW canon really touches this and it's great.

Have seen all the live action stuff and I'm sorta kinda curious about the associated cartoon material some of ya'll hype up.

What's the advised/chronological order to watch things in if you're trying to follow the live action timeline?

but every single day you were one parking ticket away from being shipped off to a forced labor camp for years.
    Or in Cassian's case just walking alone and appearing a bit nervous.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TripleT View Post
    Have seen all the live action stuff and I'm sorta kinda curious about the associated cartoon material some of ya'll hype up.

What's the advised/chronological order to watch things in if you're trying to follow the live action timeline?
    We tried doing a generally chronological order with the kids, but I think ep 4, 5 and 6 should go first. It plays very well in this kind of order:

ep4, ep5, ep6, ep1, ep2, Clone Wars animated movie*, Clone Wars animated seasons 1-7, ep3 (holy crap ep3 hits so much harder right after clone wars season 7), Andor, Solo*, Rebels, Kenobi*, Rogue One

[timeline skip]

Mando season 1-2, Book of Boba Fett, Mando season 3, Ahsoka, 7*, 8*, 9*

*optional series/movie

Andor does a great job of filling out what I call the normal, everyday evil of the empire. Sure, they blew up Alderrann and glassed a portion of Scarriff, which makes for movie stuff, but every single day you were one parking ticket away from being shipped off to a forced labor camp for years. Nothing else in the normal SW canon really touches this and it's great.
    EXACTLY! Well said. They even show the more bureaucratic side of their operations in that giant "office" facility that Syril Karn ended up having to work in.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Or in Cassian's case just walking alone and appearing a bit nervous.
    Yeah, that was wild. That arbiter chick was like "This WAS a 6 month sentence. Now it's gonna be 6 years. NEXT!!!" And off Cassian went. Wonder how long his woman back at the pad was waiting for him to come back before wondering where he went. Poor guy. And then you learn that they're upping everybody's sentences for that whole Public Order Resentencing Directive (P.O.R.D.) thing. What a bunch of assholes, the Empire.

I mean, sure. We always knew they were dicks and all, but somehow this show gave the whole "teh Empire is ee-vil" idea a lot more dimension and gravitas.

I’m in total agreement with you guys. It’s striking how much more interesting thie Andor version of Star Wars is than the magic clone in the back bath robe of episode 9. A giant smothering bureaucracy full of mundane, indifferent bad guys is somehow more scary than finger lightning- maybe because it’s more realistic.

Andor’s absolute banger of a club track is a gift to all of us - Nicholas Britell, you magnificent bastard
    https://www.polygon.com/star-wars/23...holas-brittell

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

The Darth Jar Jar show is coming
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1671247814.768120.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	127.1 KB 
ID:	438598

Just finished episode 10 of Andor. Just wanted to say that after seeing him in this, but before, Dune as the Baron Harkonnen (pure perfection), and COUNTLESS other films, Stellan Skarsgård is quite the badass actor. Killer voice. He reminds me a bit of Marlon Brando in his delivery and I am loving it. What do you all think?

He won the fields medal. How do you like dem apples?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Just finished episode 10 of Andor. Just wanted to say that after seeing him in this, but before, Dune as the Baron Harkonnen (pure perfection), and COUNTLESS other films, Stellan Skarsgård is quite the badass actor. Killer voice. He reminds me a bit of Marlon Brando in his delivery and I am loving it. What do you all think?

Stellan truly is one of the all time greats, and he's been age its for over 50 years.

Re-watched the whole series this weekend while the wife was at a swim meet with our oldest and it's still so good. Really hoping for at least another season or two.
    Last edited by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo; 01-31-2023 at 02:04 PM.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

That’s perfect.

This guy nails much of what makes the show so darn good compared to the rest of the more recent Disney Star Wars universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    Re-watched the whole series this weekend while the wife was at a swim meet with our oldest and it's still so good. Really hoping for at least another season or two.
    Yup. SO good.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    That’s perfect.
    Haha. Indeed. Glad you liked it! I got a crack out of it. Nailed the 70s sci-fi vibe for sure. Which the SHOW actually did well too in a sense. They made it more in line with the one that started it all, A New Hope. From the prisoners outfits to the screens and tech, they just got so much right.

After the ending, I don't know how they don't do a season 2.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Andor Season 2 is greenlit but it’s gonna be a while

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

just a few days now… could be good

So, season 2 ended with Grogu going with Luke Skywalker. How is Grogu back with the Mandalorian at the start of season 3??

Also, did he lose the Dark Saber or something?? Season 2 also ended with that in his possession. I'm so confused

Interesting way to explain Gina Carano's character our of the show too. "She got recruited by the special forces" ummm OK

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    So, season 2 ended with Grogu going with Luke Skywalker. How is Grogu back with the Mandalorian at the start of season 3??

Also, did he lose the Dark Saber or something?? Season 2 also ended with that in his possession. I'm so confused

Interesting way to explain Gina Carano's character our of the show too. "She got recruited by the special forces" ummm OK
    Tell me you didn't watch Book of Boba Fett without telling me you didn't watch it.