Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Mandalorian

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Tough crowd...
    PB, you dont need the history, was it fun to watch?
    I enjoyed it bur definitely felt like it needed more fleshing out i.e. background for the less knowledgeable - should all be 1 hour+ episodes instead of 30+ minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    I don’t know; I think I’m a little underwhelmed. I feel like Ashoka should have been a little more engaged with baby Yoda and Mando shouldn’t have accepted her rejection “maybe go check out this old temple” so easily.
    It would be one thing for Ahsoka to say "I'm not equipped to take a youngling that won't reach Padawan age for another few decades." Her tortured logic though.... "oh he's spent decades with Jedi masters at the temple being trained in the Jedi ways" followed by "oh no can't train this 50 year old child... hanging out with Mando for two weeks has ruined him irreparably... he'll just turn into Darth Vader 2." Ahsoka actually blames herself for leaving the Order as the proximate cause for her not being there for Anakin when he needed her to prevent his turning to the dark side (which may or may not be so). "Yea... Groku is potentially the most force powerful being ever.... hopefully his force powers will just fade away if not cultivated." That was some BULLSHIT.

Since when is Beskar completely impervious to lightsaber?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

My guess is that the next season of rebels may include tano’s quest for the blue dude.

And why didn’t tano know the child when he was at the main temple? Their time living in corasant (sp?) should have overlapped, no? And she used to kick it with the littles. And she was, at one time, one of the littles living in the temple.

See?SEEE???!!???
    How can you guys KNOW all this shit??

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    See?SEEE???!!???
    Kids

Mandalorian

See?SEEE???!!???
    Wookiepedia.

Oh, and a 9 year old who scrolls it during zoom class

See?SEEE???!!???
    After season one I went and watched every episode of Clone Wars that included Mandolorian in the description.
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    It would be one thing for Ahsoka to say "I'm not equipped to take a youngling that won't reach Padawan age for another few decades." Her tortured logic though.... "oh he's spent decades with Jedi masters at the temple being trained in the Jedi ways" followed by "oh no can't train this 50 year old child... hanging out with Mando for two weeks has ruined him irreparably... he'll just turn into Darth Vader 2." Ahsoka actually blames herself for leaving the Order as the proximate cause for her not being there for Anakin when he needed her to prevent his turning to the dark side (which may or may not be so). "Yea... Groku is potentially the most force powerful being ever.... hopefully his force powers will just fade away if not cultivated." That was some BULLSHIT.

Since when is Beskar completely impervious to lightsaber?
    Thats all I’m saying. I’m not quitting the second half or anything

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Meh on Revan.

I became a Thrawn fan back in the TIE fighter computer game era, followed up by Zahn's (now non-canon) novels. Thrawn was the baddest of the bad ass imperial admirals. Stone cold. Calculating. Respected his enemy. Studied them, their culture, their art and then used it in battle. Dude was a machine driven to win. Was always ten steps ahead of the battle. In a galaxy plagued with bumbling fools, half baked plans, desperate folks relying on hope and luck, and people wearing their hearts on their sleeve, he was a pragmatic breath of fresh air. Show up for work ready to work and kick ass all day.
    You are speaking my Thrawn language:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3711.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	240.3 KB 
ID:	350725

Name:	IMG_3712.JPG 
Views:	153 
Size:	185.7 KB 
ID:	350726
    You should have been here yesterday!

I give up. I will remain a fringe dilettante, content to wonder eternally why.

I mean ...... Zahn and Salvatore?? I'm too old, crotchety and impatient to put up with such writing.

Mandalorian

I give up. I will remain a fringe dilettante, content to wonder eternally why.

I mean ...... Zahn and Salvatore?? I'm too old, crotchety and impatient to put up with such writing.
    That Vector Prime book isn’t to do with Thrawn. It just starts the next series of books in the EU, haha. Salvatore sucks. But I do like Zahn in this context.

Been reading these books for a LONG time, and this doesn’t count the other case of them I have buried in my storage unit.

Name:	IMG_3713.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	289.2 KB 
ID:	350826
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    That Vector Prime book isn’t to do with Thrawn. It just starts the next series of books in the EU, haha. Been reading these books for a LONG time.

Name:	IMG_3713.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	289.2 KB 
ID:	350826

The secret about the blue cookies:

https://youtu.be/IGS0JouUgjM

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Ahsoka actually blames herself for leaving the Order as the proximate cause for her not being there for Anakin when he needed her to prevent his turning to the dark side (which may or may not be so).
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I watched it this morning while I was getting ready for work. Pretty good. I do have some questions but I’ll watch it again. Maybe I missed something. They have certainly set us up for an end of season barn burner for sure.

Boba Fett!!!!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

That was great.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Such a great episode. This is going to end way too soon. These seasons need to be twice as long.

Never knew Boba Fett was such a badass....

That was so awesome. Got nerd chills when Slave I showed up.

For me, best episode so far; Rodriguez fuckin' nailed it. Has he directed any other episodes?

For me, best episode so far; Rodriguez fuckin' nailed it. Has he directed any other episodes?
    Nope. Hopefully that will change!

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    This is going to end way too soon. These seasons need to be twice as long.
    Seriously. I may have to resort to figuring out how to stream the Ewoks movies if they don’t release something before next October. Last year I tracked down the damn Christmas special on YouTube.

I watched this episode again and still like it. My only question is how did Boba know where they were? I get that the spy put a tracker on the Razor Crest for Moff Gideon but did I miss an explanation of how Boba was able to follow him?

He was the best bounty hunter in the original trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    He was the best bounty hunter in the original trilogy.
    That’s a good point. I’m way overthinking it now.

Unpossible!! Must be flogged to death before even thinking!