• Black Crow Navis 3600g @ 185

2 50.00%
  • Icelantic Natural 3606 @ 185

0 0%
  • something else...

2 50.00%

Thread: Which Ski?

Which Ski?

Help. I have spent too much time going back and forth. Looking for a new ski that will work in and out of bounds. Equal performance on the up as well as the down. 50/50 front/backcountry. I think I have it down to these two but let me know if I am an idiot and should be thinking of something else.

Any help would appreciate...

Black Crow Navis 3600g @ 185
    Icelantic Natural 3606 @ 185
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and they wont have their shoes.

RAX, JONG!

Quote Originally Posted by creative nickname View Post
    Equal performance on the up as well as the down. 50/50 front/backcountry.
    To put it another way, you want something that sucks at everything?

for 50/50 ski better save some grams by using a lighter binding rather then ligher ski IMO

185 Navis is a near perfect touring ski, for me. It is my heaviest setup for touring and one of the lighter setups for inbounds. If you tour on it exclusively you may want lighter and if you are inbounds you may want heavier.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by bry View Post
    185 Navis is a near perfect touring ski, for me. It is my heaviest setup for touring and one of the lighter setups for inbounds. If you tour on it exclusively you may want lighter and if you are inbounds you may want heavier.

185 Navis freebirds are 3600 grams BTW, regular Navis are closer to 4200 grams. I'm talking about the regular ones.

Sorry, yes the Navis Freebirds are what I am looking at.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and they wont have their shoes.

I usually pass on any routes where I see a lot of black crows.
    Call me superstitious.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

the red one
    watch out for snakes

I can’t see a point where I would want to have one pair of skis and boots. Comprise all around.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    I can’t see a point where I would want to have one pair of skis and boots. Comprise all around.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I know what you are saying. I have 2 pairs of boots (Scarpa Maestrale and a old set of Salomons) and 3 pairs of skis (all are slight aged - Salomon Rockers and 1080 Guns plus Goode Wasatch) already. Basically, want to give up the 1080 guns and get a ski to cover many days and shorter tours. While keeping the Goodes for long tours and the Salomon Rockers for deeper days. Looks like most suggest the Navis Freebirds

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    the red one
    Beat me to it.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er