Thread: MNC bindings

MNC bindings

Have a pair of Hoji Freetours on order. Is the Salomon Warden my only option for an MNC compatible alpine binding?

I'd rather run alpine bindings when I ski with my kids over touring bindings. What are my options other than also running a pair of alpine boots. Educate me.

No, there are a number of alpine bindings that are MNC compatible. Off the top of my head I remember Attack 14s have a version and any Marker binding with SoleID. A number of them are discussed here: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...multiple-boots

Good thread, thanks for the link.

Just as Curad doesn't call their adhesive bandages "Band Aids," Marker and Tyrolia don't call their bindings that are compatible with all ISO-compliant sole types "MNC." The "Multi-Norm Compatible" moniker was coined and is used solely by the Amer brands (Salomon, Atomic, Armada).

SoleID is Marker's term, and "AT" is Tyrolia's.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Just as Curad doesn't call their adhesive bandages "Band Aids," Marker and Tyrolia don't call their bindings that are compatible with all ISO-compliant sole types "MNC." The "Multi-Norm Compatible" moniker was coined and is used solely by the Amer brands (Salomon, Atomic, Armada).

SoleID is Marker's term, and "AT" is Tyrolia's.
    Super helpful, thanks for clearing that up.

How did they trademark Multi Norm Compatible, they get Backcountry's lawyers?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

And the hoji free is a ISO 9523 sole, I believe. Are there any pivots that currently work with this sole?

Quote Originally Posted by KillerMonkey View Post
    And the hoji free is a ISO 9523 sole, I believe. Are there any pivots that currently work with this sole?
    Sadly, nope.

Quote Originally Posted by huckmadtrix View Post
    Have a pair of Hoji Freetours on order.
    PS It is either the Hoji Free (this year's) or Hoji Pro Tour (last year's). I assume you mean the Hoji Free as the Pro Tour has no toe lug at all, right?

Some of the old Marker stuff (pre ID) they advertised as working with touring boots don't work with some of the newer higher rockered boots.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    How did they trademark Multi Norm Compatible, they get Backcountry's lawyers?
    LOL
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Which pair of alpine bindings are the most compatible with iso 9523 soles? Are all the mnc and soleid equally compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by KillerMonkey View Post
    Which pair of alpine bindings are the most compatible with iso 9523 soles? Are all the mnc and soleid equally compatible?
    Equally compatible. Comes down to binding preference. Marker is trash

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    Some of the old Marker stuff (pre ID) they advertised as working with touring boots don't work with some of the newer higher rockered boots.
    Which bindings did they say worked with touring soles, besides the Baron and Duke?

New touring boots actually have a lower toe height, as the ISO 9523 standard changed from 28mm plus or minus 3mm to 25mm plus or minus 3mm in 2015. There were some super thick ones back in the day, notably the Nordica TR12.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    PS It is either the Hoji Free (this year's) or Hoji Pro Tour (last year's). I assume you mean the Hoji Free as the Pro Tour has no toe lug at all, right?
    Yeah Hoji Free.