Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    No. It never occurred to me to do this when I owned the boots, and it doesn't come up now as they've been out of production for a while. I've punched for maleolus pain under both the carbon and fiberglass reinforced cuffs and it works to some extent - you just go until it starts making cracking sounds and stop adding pressure, then punch again with the with the liner in the boot. No manufacturer will tell you it's OK to punch carbon fiber shell or cuff material.
    Great, thanks for the thoughts. The part where u say: "...just go until it starts making cracking sounds and stop adding pressure..." is similar to the feedback I anticipate when bending more rocker into skis. lol.
    Master of mediocrity.

I dont have wide feet but do have skinny calves. I have found full tilts work really well for this (you may have to go with the higher volume version as the originals are pretty narrow and can be hard to make wider due to the placement of the buckle)
    But, you can buy a shorter length top cable and you can add spoiler to the front to take up more volume(my boot fitter riveted it in place, I also think the spoiler helps the tongue fit a bit more uniform over the stock tongue) They also come with power wraps, which can also take up volume.
    Finish em off with some booster straps and you'll be golden.

From my experience, and everyone I've talked to about it, power wraps don't close as tight around the lower leg as a tongue liner would. It doesn't matter how big or small your calf is. I believe it is because tightening the shell or power strap does nothing to help close the liner because of the concentric motion needed to close a wrap.

Go tongue liner, in a narrower cuff boot (Hawx Ultra, S/Max), use a spoiler, put your power strap directly on the liner, rather than the shell.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    From my experience, and everyone I've talked to about it, power wraps don't close as tight around the lower leg as a tongue liner would. It doesn't matter how big or small your calf is. I believe it is because tightening the shell or power strap does nothing to help close the liner because of the concentric motion needed to close a wrap.

Go tongue liner, in a narrower cuff boot (Hawx Ultra, S/Max), use a spoiler, put your power strap directly on the liner, rather than the shell.
    Damn, that’s a good point. I’ve noticed that about the wraps, too.

I don't have wide feet, but I have had issues with shin bang and sloppy cuff fit due to my very skinny calves.
    What worked for me: Switching to Full Tilt boots and adding Booster straps and Eliminator tongue inserts. The Power/Pro Wrap liners work pretty well for skinny lower legs.
    If you're using Intuition liners, I've found that Pro Wraps offer quite a bit more room around the foot compared to Power Wraps, especially crucial if you're using custom orthodics/footbeds in em.