Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Skiings really good, but it’s relatively cold for here.

I had great luck on Ajax on Sunday, not so much on Highlands on Saturday... hit a lot of stuff. 15" of BLOWER over scree... I should have known better, I've skied that line 100 times.

Anywho, a stetch everything out lap today and a few with the fam tomorrow. Hope to see another 5 or 6" out of this one.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by LesterSmoove View Post
    coming in tomorrow for a quick trip, haven't skied your mountains in 5 years. PUMPED. flying out at 5:00pm friday, so I should catch a good chunk of the storm, but I would not mind if my flight is cancelled until Saturday evening or later.
    Good timing! I got a Bowl lap in with the POW crew yesterday as the storm set in. Looks pretty choice this morning with blue skies and light snow. Kid duty for me all day...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Great turns today, soft and sunny. Happy New Year!

They buffed the DH course last night and now it’s got a couple of inches of fluff on top!

1st chair 1A, blue coat on MX98’s.

Finally getting back to Aspen next month for some much needed R&R - sort of a tribute trip for my mom who just died over the holidays (cancer sucks, FYI). Anyway - I'm thinking of treating myself to a new pair of sticks this year and for some reason I'd love to get fucked by the terrible CAD/USD exchange rate. Is anyone aware of any shops in town that:
    a) have decent prices that time of year (FEB 10), and
    b) can get my bindings mounted and have everything ready to rock and roll within a few hours

Plan would be to get off the plane, get a beer, and then go and buy some skis around 1pm while my companions waste time "settling in."

Be carefull when your there. Don't eat a steak with compound butter. It will turn you into an asshole.

That article is hysterical. Straight out of the ADN April Fools issue.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    That article is hysterical. Straight out of the ADN April Fools issue.
    He's going to get absolutely roasted in the actual April Fools issue.

Name:  IMG_6822.jpg
Views: 907
Size:  486.2 KB
    what a place. enjoyed some choice hanging valley laps on thursday and steeplechase friday in between railing groomers with the family. it skied far deeper than I expected in some spots. thanks to wind and cold temps!

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Finally getting back to Aspen next month for some much needed R&R - sort of a tribute trip for my mom who just died over the holidays (cancer sucks, FYI). Anyway - I'm thinking of treating myself to a new pair of sticks this year and for some reason I'd love to get fucked by the terrible CAD/USD exchange rate. Is anyone aware of any shops in town that:
    a) have decent prices that time of year (FEB 10), and
    b) can get my bindings mounted and have everything ready to rock and roll within a few hours

Plan would be to get off the plane, get a beer, and then go and buy some skis around 1pm while my companions waste time "settling in."
    Stapleton Ski seems to advertise some amount of discounts on their skis, on and off throughout the season. Not sure what the timing actually is though. I'm sure they could mount and have stuff ready. Our go-to shop is Hamilton Sports, they'll do work/mounts overnight. Not sure if they'd have any skis on sale at that point, but they have a strong lineup.

Those are my two , go to shops.
    What are you looking for?

I have a plethora of long directional chargers, you could use until you find new sticks.

2019/20 Aspen/Roaring Fork Thread

Was in the valley for a long weekend. Some damn good skiing chasing the stashes and in between lines at Ajax, Highlands, and Snowmass. Barely any lines at all.

Hit the Highlands Bowl for nice steep powder and LONG run. Worlds better with that Temerity lift. Can lap that thing. Mistakenly waited for that cat though, waste of time.

And then some group of wankers felt entitled to skate around the line for the cat and cut in front of everyone. When some guy called them out, they said they were on a “team.” WTF? All seemed to have the same backpacks, so maybe so, but why did they feel entitled to cut?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    And then some group of wankers felt entitled to skate around the line for the cat and cut in front of everyone. When some guy called them out, they said they were on a “team.” WTF? All seemed to have the same backpacks, so maybe so, but why did they feel entitled to cut?

That's stupid. Seems the rest of the 'team' should've waited for their pals - no chat-and-cuts to the front allowed! Entitled ignorant people suck. Did everyone get on the cat? I've never been on that thing when it was close to full.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Those are my two , go to shops.
    What are you looking for?

I have a plethora of long directional chargers, you could use until you find new sticks.
    Thanks for the shops, fellas. Super close to Mtn. Chalet so location is perfect. I've been in Stapletons before I think and felt good vibes so will probably start there.

Looking for a new pair of 100-105mm-ish 'all mountain' skis. Likely just take the shop person's advice, I've never had skis I didn't like. I'll have my current skis with me so no need to borrow but thank you for the offer.

I'm heading out to Snowmass at the end of the month for a few days after a long weekend in Vail. I'm new to backcountry skiing, looking to see if there are places I can connect with others to join a group going out without having to hire a guide. Any spots that people usually meet up and connect?
    any advice appreciated.
    Thanks!

10am Up for Pizza.

Shot in the dark because I don't really know who is who in the Aspen Maggot Kingdom but will be in with wife and daughter MLK day and the day after (Monday and Tuesday) and scored a room at the St Moritz Monday since they released for single night stays. My daughter is 9 and is solid so she can ski anything way too fast. Anyone with 9 to 11 ish year old gromish charger give me a ping for a couple laps. Sage makes fast friends. Targeting either Highlands or Ajax Monday and Snowmass Tuesday so I can get wife and girl on a plane home after skiing.

Also Shredhead? If you are around I want to find a way to share a couple chair rides with you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by uglymoney; 01-08-2020 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Was in the valley for a long weekend. Some damn good skiing chasing the stashes and in between lines at Ajax, Highlands, and Snowmass. Barely any lines at all.

Hit the Highlands Bowl for nice steep powder and LONG run. Worlds better with that Temerity lift. Can lap that thing. Mistakenly waited for that cat though, waste of time.

Super odd on the line cutting. I rarely ride the cat, but I’ve never seen something like that. I would guess local AVSC teenagers or some other group maybe there for a race on Thunderbowl? Either way, lame and weak ass on their part.

Side rant: I rode up DT with SkiCo’s marketing guy last week and bluntly suggested that they kill the ridge cat once and for all. In the face of all the corporate green washing about POW and environmental stewardship, I think the functional uselessness of the cat is all the more apparent. He didn’t seem to bite...

Thinking of heading up this weekend for the wife’s birthday. Any suggestions on hotels or Airbnb spots in town that aren’t $900/night? Sheesh.

St Moritz.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post

Also Shredhead? If you are around I want to find a way to share a couple chair rides with you.
    I’m out everyday, just give me a heads up a day in advance.

There was a race at Highlands and the Freeride kids were out there, but cutting would be unusual for any coaches.
    I’ll ride the cat if it’s there and no line, otherwise it’s faster to hike. It’s mostly a marketing tool and either Park at Snowmass or Buttermilk is 100X more carbon intensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    It’s mostly a marketing tool and either Park at Snowmass or Buttermilk is 100X more carbon intensive.
    100% agree, but I think compared to the other SkiCo operations there is a viable and better alternative that achieves the same outcome for the customer. And as it is, probably 1/3-1/2 of bowl skiers are hiking it all to begin with.

I think the cat is symbolic and representative to the public, even if it’s carbon footprint is inconsequential. Despite being a thinly veiled (but effective) marketing tool and a great crutch for ski instructors ($$$), it’s low hanging fruit for corporate hypocrisy.

The marketing guy was also talking about finding ways to lessen the influx of iKon users to Highlands moving forward, to “preserve its feel.” Removing it might have a small impact that lessens the draw to some of those users as well.

They're just waiting to replace it with the new Tesla e-Cat

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    They're just waiting to replace it with the new Tesla e-Cat
    Maybe a fleet of Audi e-Trons??