Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    There’s some slednecks with a cabin up there, that hit that zone regularly.

Pray for the monsoon. The moisture and south winds, would be greatly appreciated.

2019/20 Aspen/Roaring Fork Thread

I’m in junction, 111 yesterday and ash all over my car. I rode lunch loops last night, that seemed like a good idea then. Woke up this am with burning eyes and hacking shit upClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2730.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	931.7 KB 
ID:	337521

Last night was a nice reprieve with a shift in the wind and even a brief spray of rain. We ate dinner outside for the first time in over a week.

Indeed. Also stoked they got that new fire that popped up under control so quickly. One of my employees lives up there, she said they were lucky that so much firefighting capability was already in the area because they were able to jump all over it immediately.

Was in Crested Butte this past weekend. Was kind of my first time in a different ski town outside of the RFV for a while due to COVID, etc.

Such a different cultural vibe then Aspen. It was a bit of the 16th Street Mall in Denver overlaid on the beauty of CB. A ton of transient hipsters with dreads, tattoos and dirty cloths. Is this generally where we are at now outside of the valleys "bubble" or is this specific to CB? I have stayed out of Denver as well, so I am not sure where things sit there, but doing some self reflection, it definitely caught me by surprise how much I forgot about this group that moved into Denver after the legalization of MJ.

I am sure I sound like an old grump making stereotypes, but was just a bit less family vibe and grungier then we normally see here and actually a good bit less diverse then the mid and lower valley. Just an odd mix of overweight Texans and hipsters. Did Vail resorts do this and run out the true skiers and mountain bikers...or were they just hiding on the Friday I was there?

End of ramblings.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

When I was there a week or so ago I watched a middle aged man in a tux dumpster diving. And Kochevar's was packed to the gills and not one person was wearing a mask. They put them on when they walk out on Elk Ave. It's changed a lot over the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Was in Crested Butte this past weekend. Was kind of my first time in a different ski town outside of the RFV for a while due to COVID, etc.

Such a different cultural vibe then Aspen. It was a bit of the 16th Street Mall in Denver overlaid on the beauty of CB. A ton of transient hipsters with dreads, tattoos and dirty cloths. Is this generally where we are at now outside of the valleys "bubble" or is this specific to CB? I have stayed out of Denver as well, so I am not sure where things sit there, but doing some self reflection, it definitely caught me by surprise how much I forgot about this group that moved into Denver after the legalization of MJ.

I am sure I sound like an old grump making stereotypes, but was just a bit less family vibe and grungier then we normally see here and actually a good bit less diverse then the mid and lower valley. Just an odd mix of overweight Texans and hipsters. Did Vail resorts do this and run out the true skiers and mountain bikers...or were they just hiding on the Friday I was there?

End of ramblings.
    Can’t comment on CB but downtown Denver, in spots, is looking like Seattle with homeless camps. It’s not widespread but it’s a lot worse during CV.

Dude, the first rule of the bubble.
    Don’t talk about the bubble.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0279.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	927.6 KB 
ID:	338064

Clearest day in a while out there today. Refreshing!

I'd like a little more moisture, but at least it isn't 92* at my house today.

How is town? I haven't gone past the hospital in a few weeks.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    I'd like a little more moisture, but at least it isn't 92* at my house today.

How is town? I haven't gone past the hospital in a few weeks.
    Slowing down, but not as slow as it would be if schools were all going back like normal. My wife ran into a property manager the other day picking up linens at the dry cleaner and he said one of his clients from Texas was coming back for another month at least because as soon as their kids school started they shut back down and went virtual.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

It's not off season levels of inactivity or anything but it has very noticeably mellowed out this week.

So are we also going to get a reservation system this season?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    So are we also going to get a reservation system this season?

Don’t even say it

Heavy rain just hit 10min ago up Castle Creek, hopefully it keeps up. Got out for a mtb ride for the first time in two weeks, now that the AQI is back below 50.

We ate out last night in town for our anniversary. First time at a restaurant since March. The crowd was not my type and quite douchey, but the restaurant experience was fine. Overall town seems much more mellow then July, but still plenty busy. Labor Day could be interesting!

Where’d you go?

I took a late day lap. It was still raining hard up top and kind of greasy. But got much better down low.

Name:	IMG_0280.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	2.76 MB 
ID:	338414

Tomorrow will be good!

Ellina.

Getting out for a nice ride today. Should be primo!

Just hit Sky Mtn before the rain, so good

Jealous. Enjoy the hero dirt. Hoping I can start riding in 3-4 weeks before our trails are toast

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

2019/20 Aspen/Roaring Fork Thread

Hit Rim early with the dog. Conditions are prime. He’s nine now and only good for about two hours of MTBing.

Name:	IMG_0285.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	338556

Then I head up the Gondi for a couple more hours of solo lift served. More riders today, but still no lines.

Get well soon!

My shoulder didn’t really heal very well, but a least I can hike, bike and ski.

Couple more desperately need trails off the top!

Name:	IMG_0286.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	2.71 MB 
ID:	338560

Hopefully they cut one down Long Shot to Government.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Couple more desperately need trails off the top!

Name:	IMG_0286.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	2.71 MB 
ID:	338560

Hopefully they cut one down Long Shot to Government.
    Dust Bunny and what else? Typical flow trails? I love their hand cut trails up there. French Press is a blast though.

Dust Bunny is a hand cut technical trail, off the right of French Press, about 1/3 of the way down.
    It comes out near the top of the Meadow lift, we’re it intersects Lemon-Zest. Which appears to be a machine built flow trail coming off the left of Vapor.

I see snow

Just a little on the Burn and it went quick.

Name:	IMG_0290.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	2.14 MB 
ID:	338769

Hunters shrine.

Name:	IMG_0289.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	338770