Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    100% agree, but I think compared to the other SkiCo operations there is a viable and better alternative that achieves the same outcome for the customer. And as it is, probably 1/3-1/2 of bowl skiers are hiking it all to begin with.

I think the cat is symbolic and representative to the public, even if it’s carbon footprint is inconsequential. Despite being a thinly veiled (but effective) marketing tool and a great crutch for ski instructors ($$$), it’s low hanging fruit for corporate hypocrisy.

The marketing guy was also talking about finding ways to lessen the influx of iKon users to Highlands moving forward, to “preserve its feel.” Removing it might have a small impact that lessens the draw to some of those users as well.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I would be all for them removing Highlands from Ikon. Would give locals a place to escape during the really crazy non-black out weekends.

Side note, I did use the 2nd of my 5 Ikon days yesterday. I wasn't sure how many days the wife and I would ski together, so we did a parent pass and a flex pass this season. I think next year we will either both get full passes or do a parent and double flex. She has been really getting after it this season.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Parent plus flex pass seems like a good idea. Mrs. Jaytaemoney has not been skiing nearly as much since our kid showed up. Can the parent pass be used by both of you in the same day i.e. dad skis in the morning then goes home and mom skis the afternoon?

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Parent plus flex pass seems like a good idea. Mrs. Jaytaemoney has not been skiing nearly as much since our kid showed up. Can the parent pass be used by both of you in the same day i.e. dad skis in the morning then goes home and mom skis the afternoon?
    It has worked pretty well for us. We can ski together 1 day a week, plus 5 days for the included Ikon pass. Also, if you do any of the local clinics, you only have to pay the $130 or whatever it is initial fee once and you both get unlimited clinics.

As far as sharing the pass, the one thing I have noticed, if you have two physical passes, once one is scanned, you get an error when trying to use the other one later in the day. So yes, you could definitely switch on and off, even on the mountain for runs, but would need to physically grab the pass from each other rather then having two passes.

We do however use the two passes interchangeably on different days.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Pretty good day at Ajax for our first day in town, especially with the snow this afternoon.

Any locals that can chime in on how new snow may or may not affect openings for tomorrow? Thinking of hitting Highlands, but not sure if the Bowl would be likely to be delayed opening, in which case we might go to Snowmass instead.

Quote Originally Posted by TOLOCOMan View Post
    Pretty good day at Ajax for our first day in town, especially with the snow this afternoon.

Any locals that can chime in on how new snow may or may not affect openings for tomorrow? Thinking of hitting Highlands, but not sure if the Bowl would be likely to be delayed opening, in which case we might go to Snowmass instead.
    I’d guess a slight delay. 10:30-45 maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    I’d guess a slight delay. 10:30-45 maybe.
    Cool, thanks! Just enough time to checkout some other parts of the hill beforehand.

If anyone wants to meet up for some turns, let me know.

Fun day pounding 11 gondy laps before 3. With north wind bell backside skied well. Off to highlands today I think. Ask for change on temerity.
    Aspen mountain likely Wednesday

1A 8:45, be there.

Had a nice time skiing with Buster and Alpine Vibes today.
    Will try to set up Aspen Mag ski date this spring.

Big thanks to Alpine Vibes and Shredhead for showing me around their funhole.

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Great morning with Shred and Buster. Happy to connect with Mags and spread the love for good turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Will try to set up Aspen Mag ski date this spring.
    I'm in, let's rage.

Looks like you guys are getting some snow this week. My private jet lands on the 10th, and I'll be skiing the 11th-15th if anyone's up for tearing up the slopes with a real live Canadian. Staying at Mtn. Chalet so Ajax is easy but so is hopping on RFTA to wherever.

I would probably schedule the jet for this coming Friday. If the forecast pans out, Saturday will pretty Ikonic.

I'm going to Vegas to see the last two nights of Van Morrison with a bunch of college buds. Then they are coming back with me to ski, so I'll be herding cats.
    But if you want to PM me your number, I'll text you when I'm free. Usually 1A@8.45, which is just up the hill from the Chalet.

I'm going to Vegas to see the last two nights of Van Morrison with a bunch of college buds. Then they are coming back with me to ski, so I'll be herding cats.
    But if you want to PM me your number, I'll text you when I'm free. Usually 1A@8.45, which is just up the hill from the Chalet.
    Sounds good. I've skied Aspen many-a-time so I'm no stranger to its... nuances? No cat-herding required for this gangster. Had a bit of a pow day with whipski and his ex-patroller pals at Snowmass once. That was one hell of a morning.

I'm going to be travelling with my dad and my aunt and uncle. We're on a sort of tribute trip to my mom - so basically just looking to hang with someone I can follow around some trees for a while instead of skiing alone or with seniors on more gentler terrain. Plus its always cool to meet new people. End of day beers on me, but you'll have to buy your own truffle fries.

Tough negotiation - drawing the line at truffle fries!

We're pretty much doing Saturdays at Snowmass for the foreseeable future as both kids are in AVSC there on Saturdays... So yeah, just look for the joker in the rust orange coat and black pants. We load 2 creeks right around 9
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Big morning, snow day and Ajax did not disappoint. They had all gates open off the bat; we bounced out to T6 for a first Traynor of the season.

Christmas Tree delivered best snow with zero wind affect. Should be nice tomorrow when the wind calms down and vis comes back

Yeah it was a fun one out there today on Ajax, nice to ski some real pow finally!

I’m in Vegas, so my friends sent me a picture of the huge line at 1A @ 8:45.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0064.JPG 
Views:	143 
Size:	287.2 KB 
ID:	314477

Holy shit, a LINE?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

That is redick. I hate lift lines. Tomorrow should be interesting with all the wind. Hope to find some decent turns at Snowmass. Like GR, got the kids in ASVC.

Hopefully we get some more and no wind over the next couple days.

I’m in Vegas, so my friends sent me a picture of the huge line at 1A @ 8:45.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0064.JPG 
Views:	143 
Size:	287.2 KB 
ID:	314477
    You should post this in the Jackson thread....

2019/20 Aspen/Roaring Fork Thread

All they would say is “our terrain way more gnar and you can’t compare 1A to Jackson’s tram,” which I guess is partially true, but I will taking living in the Aspen area over Jackson.