Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Well...looks like reservation system coming. At least they are going to prorate your refund based on what percentage of the season they are closed. I think that is a pretty good way to do it.

Ugh...we need a season.
    As much as people like to complain about them, at the end of the day, it's relatively fair.
    I could be down to skin soon.

Which way did you go up Snowmass? my usual green cabin skin/ski was a weee bit thin
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

So, to recap: we paid extra for our premier passes in order to avoid a reservation system and we are still getting a reservation system.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    So, to recap: we paid extra for our premier passes in order to avoid a reservation system and we are still getting a reservation system.
    I understand it...BUT they should of cancelled the Ikon access and give everyone back their $150 if they paid it. No way should an ikoner get a reservation before someone with a premier pass...IMHO.

Make the rich tourist pay the day rate or buy a premier pass.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Which way did you go up Snowmass? my usual green cabin skin/ski was a weee bit thin
    I park at Lot 13 and go up the manmade.
    Fanny Hill-Lunchline-Max Park.
    Not very dog friendly right now, lots of snowmobile/cat traffic, on a narrow run.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I park at Lot 13 and go up the manmade.
    Fanny Hill-Lunchline-Max Park.
    Not very dog friendly right now, lots of snowmobile/cat traffic, on a narrow run.
    I ended up skinning Ajax yesterday with about 1/2 of the valley.
    Glad we went up early and beat the crowds, I don't blame them for cutting off access to get ready.

I doubt, other than the busiest of days will the reservation system if/when needed be a big deal.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Snowmass had the other 1/2. I went up too early. Coming down at 11 it was really firm.

6 inches midway on Aspen at 7 am. Great help for snowpack. No idea how the gondola is going to function. Line will be to main stree5 with proper spacing.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    6 inches midway on Aspen at 7 am. Great help for snowpack. No idea how the gondola is going to function. Line will be to main stree5 with proper spacing.
    That's why they are opening all 4 mountains as much as possible, hopefully a few yahoos will head to Highlands. The newbies will be at Buttermilk.... us DV trash will be at Snowmass with our kids.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Highlands could have the best surface conditions. I was out seeing Jim at Bootec and they had all the guns roaring.

Hopefully they’ll have a bunch of ambassadors out in town. They could have the line for the Gondi go down the main stairs and Nell’s go down the back, toward the St. Regis.

I had a great e-bike ride today on the MUT’s.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0438.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	349568

Name:	IMG_0439.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	349569

Riding up the Pass or the Bells would be the bomb!

Snowmass with the kiddo was super fun today. Very appreciative of the employee ski day.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    I understand it...BUT they should of cancelled the Ikon access and give everyone back their $150 if they paid it. No way should an ikoner get a reservation before someone with a premier pass...IMHO.

Make the rich tourist pay the day rate or buy a premier pass.
    While I may agree with you ..

Crowns are business people.
    Skico already takes ze money from ikon, AND premiers.

Some visiting ikon-ourons stay in hotels, shop at shops, rent cars, maybe rent skis, and buy plane tix. Skico is diversified (entangled) in these industries. Skico is a business, they act to that end.
    north bound horse.

Ikon pass and Premier pass are different products, with wildly different price points.

Lumping the two together RE: reservation system is just another "FUCK YOU" to locals. Unfortunately we are conditioned at this point to be routinely fucked by Ski Co. How did the premier pass jump $300 this year again?

I was first bucket and they’re walk on @ 10.

Name:	IMG_0440.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	349712

Skiings pretty darn good!

Yesterday and today were a blast after losing the last half of last season. The kiddos are stoked. I didn’t even really get to ski and still loved just being on the mountain.

8 or so laps on Meadow yesterday and two mid-load laps on village express and a skittles run.

The 5 yo forgot how to ski from last season and was falling over in the left line, holding on to moms pools, etc. the first couple runs yesterday. Today he was racing down the hill ahead of everyone, making turns and hockey stops. Love it.

The daughter turns 3 mid December and she is already better then my son his first year. She has been walking since 10 months, is super stubborn and wants to race down the hill already after only 2 days. Fun seeing how different girls develop.

We really need to do all we can to keep this season going. The valley and workers here really need the money to survive. It’s wouldn’t be fair to these communities to shut down skiing if other stuff can stay open.

I also hope getting a reservation when the time comes for the 4 of us isn’t impossible.

Wife is doing the first locals clinic tomorrow and the kiddos are begging to go again. Not sure I can handle both of them on anything other then the bunny hill and panda is a two person chair...so that doesn’t work. Wish the got the other magic carpet at elk camp running.

Speaking of which...are the magic carpets just a tube of corona? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

My wife will be in the clinic today.

The skiing in Aspen is much better. The new snowmaking up top, really helps.
    All things considered, Skico’s doing a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    My wife will be in the clinic today.

The skiing in Aspen is much better. The new snowmaking up top, really helps.
    All things considered, Skico’s doing a great job.
    This.

Good to ski with you and the kids Gretch.

Most people are doing what they are supposed to. A few covidiots here and there. An amazing amount of out of towners and many foreigners!? If not, many are not english speakers, which has made some of the mask wearing messaging interesting.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Just got back to town, a week in Cali. Snow looks good!

Time for 20-21 Thread???

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Just got back to town, a week in Cali. Snow looks good!

Time for 20-21 Thread???
    Sure, why not.

Skiings decent first thing.
    I’m out early everyday, except tomorrow.
    Styling in a new white coat and the MX98’s.
    Hit me up and we’ll take a run!

Negative covid test requirement seems likely to change our plans next month, but with the way things are going I was pretty negative on the idea we were going to make it happen anyway. I'm a rule follower and risking a $5000 fine isn't my cup. Looks like we could just cancel our airbnb in Aspen and stay up in Carbondale and still ski, at least at this point. We were planning to be in Utah for the first half of the week then Aspen. Not sure I want to fuck around getting all of us tested on Sunday or Monday in SLC and hope for a result by Wednesday. Not planning to share air with a anybody anyway.

Sigh...really hope these vaccines makes an impact so later this spring we can make something happen.

Country club for you locals.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 12-07-2020 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Negative covid test requirement seems likely to change our plans next month, but with the way things are going I was pretty negative on the idea we were going to make it happen anyway. I'm a rule follower and risking a $5000 fine isn't my cup. Looks like we could just cancel our airbnb in Aspen and stay up in Carbondale and still ski, at least at this point. We were planning to be in Utah for the first half of the week then Aspen. Not sure I want to fuck around getting all of us tested on Sunday or Monday in SLC and hope for a result by Wednesday. Not planning to share air with a anybody anyway.

Sigh...really hope these vaccines makes an impact so later this spring we can make something happen.

Country club for you locals.
    Testing most places is super easy. You can also then sign up for a test once you're here... Unless you're planning on not having a negative test.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Yeah. We'll look into it for sure. We're just family of 3 dirtbags rolling through in a VW. Might be easier to alter plans a bit and stay off the radar. I will not disobey the health order.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Booked an outside entrance refundable room in Basalt across the county line. Kept airbnb reservation for now. We'll see how all of this shakes out and where the snow flies.

It looks like we can legally sleep outside the county but drive into the county to get Thai carry out or to ski is all good. Or Free Range Kitchen is getting igloos? That looks cool.

Covid is complicated. Lol. I have to take a week off in January because use it or lose it so I'll take whatever shitstorm brews. Hopefully a white one. Even if I have to stay home, I hope I can at least ski.

Last edited by uglymoney; 12-08-2020 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Booked an outside entrance refundable room in Basalt across the county line. Kept airbnb reservation for now. We'll see how all of this shakes out and where the snow flies.

It looks like we can legally sleep outside the county but drive into the county to get Thai carry out or to ski is all good. Or Free Range Kitchen is getting igloos? That looks cool.

Covid is complicated. Lol. I have to take a week off in January because use it or lose it so I'll take whatever shitstorm brews. Hopefully a white one. Even if I have to stay home, I hope I can at least ski.

So you’re coming to visit and recreate in our county, but are skirting the rules of our health board by staying .5 miles from the county border? Kind of lame. Everything in this valley is intertwined. Please get tested before you visit.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    So you’re coming to visit and recreate in our county, but are skirting the rules of our health board by staying .5 miles from the county border? Kind of lame. Everything in this valley is intertwined. Please get tested before you visit.
    Rules or no rules, why not be reflect on your own behavior? This is why we are fucked. Baselining our actions based on an increasingly selfish set of actions by others. Such a crazy loop of criticize government action or inaction when bend the rules to our liking.

Travel or don't travel. Ski or don't ski. Just don't act like your are "Doing the Right Thing" by following some arbitrary regulations. It is as if certain people think the virus doesn't spread when we follow the rules.