Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Anyone got a good shop that will sharpen a split? Embarrassingly rusty over here.

In Aspen - Hamilton or Stapleton are my go-tos

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    In Aspen - Hamilton or Stapleton are my go-tos
    They got me in the right direction. Thanks.

I got out for 2-4pm at Aspen Mountain and it was money with strong refills.

Today should be excellent all around; jealous of those who are out!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quick question for you roaring fork folks: does Snowmass operate on a Forest Service lease? Specifically the area within the bike park. Dealing with some XC trail issues here in Montana, and I'm looking for other resorts I can reference.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Quick question for you roaring fork folks: does Snowmass operate on a Forest Service lease? Specifically the area within the bike park. Dealing with some XC trail issues here in Montana, and I'm looking for other resorts I can reference.
    Don't quote me on it but I believe pretty much all of Snowmass is USFS lease, including the bike park and lift served trails. If memory serves all the expansions (summer and winter) up on Elk Camp and Burnt mountain have been subject to FS approval with the usual NEPA/public comment period/etc.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

2019/20 Aspen/Roaring Fork Thread

Yes, Snowmass has DH and XC trails within a FS lease and a seasonal protected wildlife zone,

Excellent, thanks for the info.

Went to Highlands today... it was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Went to Highlands today... it was very good.
    Faaack... looked amazing from the Insta pics I'm seeing!

Everything is skiing very good.
    I’ll be had Highlands tomorrow.
    All black, wood grain Praxis Ullars that are very distinct.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Yes.

Saw that multiple rib fracture ire coming out of walshes. Lots of patrol on scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Yes.

Saw that multiple rib fracture ire coming out of walshes. Lots of patrol on scene.
    that was me tending to the wounded, flayle chest, was in hospital for 4 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    Don't quote me on it but I believe pretty much all of Snowmass is USFS lease, including the bike park and lift served trails. If memory serves all the expansions (summer and winter) up on Elk Camp and Burnt mountain have been subject to FS approval with the usual NEPA/public comment period/etc.
    Correct.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Powder Video Awards was a fun time.. great to have it back again.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Do any of you guys know the deal w/the Ikon pass that comes with the Aspen premier pass? I went online and redeemed mine w/the promo code like 3-4 weeks ago and I still don't have a physical pass/card. Do we just use our Aspen pass as our Ikon pass? I logged in and it says I have used two Ikon days at Aspen Snowmass despite me not having the Ikon pass yet... I have only used my premier pass. And I have a lot more than two days on it. Very weird.

Do any of you guys know the deal w/the Ikon pass that comes with the Aspen premier pass? I went online and redeemed mine w/the promo code like 3-4 weeks ago and I still don't have a physical pass/card. Do we just use our Aspen pass as our Ikon pass? I logged in and it says I have used two Ikon days at Aspen Snowmass despite me not having the Ikon pass yet... I have only used my premier pass. And I have a lot more than two days on it. Very weird.
    you have to download a pix on there in order to have them send it out. I missed that fact and downloaded it about 3 weeks ago.

I just got mine yesterday in the mail.

My wife was told she had to pick hers up in person at a ticket office by 12/12 or you won't have one for the season. If that's true, I would guess that many local Premier pass holders are unaware and won't get to take advantage of using it if they miss the supposed cutoff.

My wife was told she had to pick hers up in person at a ticket office by 12/12 or you won't have one for the season. If that's true, I would guess that many local Premier pass holders are unaware and won't get to take advantage of using it if they miss the supposed cutoff.
    Confirmed in the yellow banner on the pass page:

https://www.aspensnowmass.com/plan-y...ets-and-passes

Banner says:

COMPLIMENTARY IKON BASE PASS: If you purchased a qualifying Premier Pass with complimentary Ikon Base Pass, you must redeem your pass at ikonpass.com by DECEMBER 12, 2019.
    Nothing about picking it up in person...

Banner says:

Nothing about picking it up in person...
    You're right - that's definitely going to burn a bunch of rich people.

They told us you could pick it up or have IKON mail it to you but either way you had to redeem it online and everything by 12/12
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    They told us you could pick it up or have IKON mail it to you but either way you had to redeem it online and everything by 12/12
    I am going to trust that this is the case. According to the IKON website I have their pass... if they yank it because I didn't do something that I was never told to do by anyone (pick it up in person) then that will be lame and I'll join the chorus of mad people.

I am going to trust that this is the case. According to the IKON website I have their pass... if they yank it because I didn't do something that I was never told to do by anyone (pick it up in person) then that will be lame and I'll join the chorus of mad people.
    Or just stop in the pass office for 5 minutes.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

or download the pix, because that is what most people overlooked.