Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    That looks a lot better than I thought it would. What time did you hit it?

Last year my last day was 6/16. Wednesday looks like a better freeze though.

I was dropping in a bit after 9am. Probably would've been a little better 15-30min earlier.

We skied this same line a year ago the same weekend. Surprisingly similar overall conditions on the face, but way more snow last year - we skied/skinned back to the car. June 23rd last year was that freak 4" dump of midsummer pow up on the pass.

this is a cool series, apologies in advance, i don't surf this thread.

I don't leave the ladder, just pull it and take home after the last run.

How is coverage looking ? Would it be worth making the trek from SLC to get turns in ??

prob not as a sole objective, but if you were coming to mtn bike, bag a peak and check out the roaring fork it might be a fun am diversion. melting fast

There’s skiing, but it will take a little effort. Grizzly and upper Castle Creek stuff looks resilient

The real question is how is COVID looking? Eagle and RFV valleys are poppin’

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Grizzly still goes, but probably not much longer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0240.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	332820

Heard a rumor this morning that July 1 will be the busiest day at ASE in the last 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Heard a rumor this morning that July 1 will be the busiest day at ASE in the last 10 years.
    Seriously? Fucking hell.

Maybe private. No way commercial, with Delta already pulling out. We’ve had as many as 49 flights/days as recently as last December. Looks like about 10 now.

Ya I assumed private. Also just a rumor, who knows if true. Town is busy as hell already though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Maybe private. No way commercial, with Delta already pulling out. We’ve had as many as 49 flights/days as recently as last December. Looks like about 10 now.
    Not surprising. Our friends are RE agents and they said this is the most 30-day rentals they've done in July in the 15 years they've lived here. They also said the 10-25mil range sales are starting to get busy because all these people that normally rent are thinking "well I don't want to spend as much time in (insert NY/FL/CA/TX here) over the next year or more potentially, and want to be here, I don't want to be renting anymore".
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Commercial flights are packed all this week, but tons of privates too. Just nuts... I think the county will have to shut things down at some point in July when the positives keep climbing. Let’s bring back the 14day quarantine for arrivals!

I’ve heard all the buzz on rental market being bonkers; some RE people are doing real well with that. I work at Aspen Country Day School and we’ve seen high amounts of inquiries and interest from these same people wanting to send their kids our way.

2019/20 Aspen/Roaring Fork Thread

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Commercial flights are packed all this week, but tons of privates too. Just nuts... I think the county will have to shut things down at some point in July when the positives keep climbing. Let’s bring back the 14day quarantine for arrivals!

I’ve heard all the buzz on rental market being bonkers; some RE people are doing real well with that. I work at Aspen Country Day School and we’ve seen high amounts of inquiries and interest from these same people wanting to send their kids our way.

I’m very conflicted. While neither mine or my wife’s jobs are very dependent on the local tourism market (mine is on a statewide level), all of our friends and neighbors are, and on a philosophical level I think we need to start opening up and can’t avoid the inevitable risks and consequences of that, but a lot of our visitors and hopeful residents behavior is disappointing. We know we are a tourist town and did a good job of keeping our town safe and healthy so we could reopen and keep our economy going, and to see so many visitors pissing that away is somewhat frustrating since it impacts all the locals working and raising kids and dealing with daycare and school reopenings and jobs. There are worse problems to face these days and worse places to do it but this summer is going to be interesting.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

2019/20 Aspen/Roaring Fork Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    I’m very conflicted. While neither mine or my wife’s jobs are very dependent on the local tourism market (mine is on a statewide level), all of our friends and neighbors are, and on a philosophical level I think we need to start opening up and can’t avoid the inevitable risks and consequences of that, but a lot of our visitors and hopeful residents behavior is disappointing. We know we are a tourist town and did a good job of keeping our town safe and healthy so we could reopen and keep our economy going, and to see so many visitors pissing that away is somewhat frustrating since it impacts all the locals working and raising kids and dealing with daycare and school reopenings and jobs. There are worse problems to face these days and worse places to do it but this summer is going to be interesting.
    We can start with actual enforcement. IMO, we should have mandatory masks, outdoor dining or takeout only, 50% hotel capacity, and group size limits of 10 people. Maybe even restrictions on certain states.

I’d love to a have a shot at actually getting our kids back in school this fall. Walking around town recently, we’ll be lucky if it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    We can start with actual enforcement. IMO, we should have mandatory masks, outdoor dining or takeout only, 50% hotel capacity, and group size limits of 10 people. Maybe even restrictions on certain states.

I’d love to a have a shot at actually getting our kids back in school this fall. Walking around town recently, we’ll be lucky if it happens.
    Exactly. I know the 14 day quarantine is unrealistic at this point, but something to slow and steady the flow of people in would help. In April-May, Town was already starting to fill steadily with 2nd home owners who were here to stay. Combine that with the continued influx of rich renters and town could still be pretty busy without the fast-changing hotel crowd.

The tipping of the scale to 100% hotel occupancy and allowing restaurants to effectively self enforce will push the county into the danger zone in mid-late July. There won’t be enough time to stabilize before school should start and I think we run a high risk of no in-person school for a while, which is a loss for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Ya I assumed private. Also just a rumor, who knows if true. Town is busy as hell already though.
    No shit, town was out of control.

There were more private jets than I’ve ever seen.
    Supposedly 3 Billion on the tarmac.

That is crazy. I suppose they can't really fly out of country either so those jets have fewer choices.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    No shit, town was out of control.

There were more private jets than I’ve ever seen.
    Supposedly 3 Billion on the tarmac.
    I took a pic from sky Mountain last night but it doesn’t do it justice. The planes were out of control Thurs/Fri

Rode Deadline last night and caught up to a guy towards the bottom. I think I still have dust in my throat and nostrils.

Yeah, it’s frickin dry. Hope the monsoon starts soon.

Anaerobic Nightmare is riding really well, but pedaling up it sucks.

Hey Torre, I'm pretty sure passing by trail users are not the reason for increasing cases in the valley. I could think of 50 other things we should be worrying about instead of masks on the trail. Let's start by requiring them in the core - you know like, like other mountain towns have already done.

https://www.aspentimes.com/news/pitk...erns-dominate/

"However, Jordana Sabella, who works for Pitkin County Public Health, pointed out that the applicable public health order does not require people outside on trails or walking down the street to wear facemasks unless they will be within 6 feet of a non-household member for more than 10 minutes. Facemasks are required inside businesses and public buildings, she said.

After the meeting, Spickert further clarified the point, saying that because COVID-19 appears to be transmitted through the air, people with compromised immune systems, are overweight or have other higher risk factors for the virus might want to wear a facemask outdoors.

Torre suggested possibly eliminating the 10 minute portion of the facemask rule."

LOL yeah I'm all for face masks but I am not wearing one out on the trails.

Yeah, the exposure potential for most trail situations is really tiny.

What Torre needs to focus on is the core and the kitchens and non-client facing parts of businesses. I’ve been in the kitchen of a few restaurants recently and no one was wearing a mask. The disregard at that level is disappointing