Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Are you in CT now? Where?
    Been in Stamford for 6 years now, working from home the last 3 so not in city that often.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I will start adding that to his food for the next few days and see if that helps
    Canned Pumpkin helps our dogs with it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Holy shit, same thing happened to me, including the breaking up soon after. She didn't like that I pushed the dog off the bed and it was never the same.after that.
    Ha, I'm sure I would have pushed, punted, shoved the dog off the bed too. He HATED that dog after 'The Licking'

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Word.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Is this a new thing? This insane attachment to little bitty dogs? That must be with you everywhere you go?

I saw this recently. And one time she lost track of the dog for 10 min? She went feral, cried running up and down the street in a panic. She was truely terrified.

Makes you wonder, WTF is really going on in your life?
    That someones emotional stability revolves around being in constant contact with a scrawny little dog.
    One word: neonate ...... or neotenous if you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Canned Pumpkin helps our dogs with it as well.
    Last night Gunther got rice and pumpkin mixed in with an 80/20 mix of old & new food. Shit was a little firmer this morning (all praise baby jeezuz) so that will be the drill for the rest of the week as I transition him to the new food. God I hope this works.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    You brought the fuckin' Pomeranian bowling?
    I didn't rent it shoes

Last night Gunther got rice and pumpkin mixed in with an 80/20 mix of old & new food. Shit was a little firmer this morning (all praise baby jeezuz) so that will be the drill for the rest of the week as I transition him to the new food. God I hope this works.

Awaiting updates; there are some good Lamb & rice kibble diets out there e.g. Nutri Source

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfNight View Post
    I didn't rent it shoes
    I'm not buying it a fucking beer. He's not taking your fucking turn, Dude!
    Last edited by idahospud; 11-12-2019 at 07:46 PM.

I love my dog and all, but Jesus Hercules Christ...

Don’t let the dog fuck with The Jesus.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Going to go buy the Purina Pro Plan for sensitive stomachs today
    Don't mind me, I know nothing of that particular flavor. But most Purina pet food is made in China, in factories that for all we know make cement or poison in the other half. There was one year where there were 17 SEPARATE RECALLS of Purina.

My mutt has most people convinced that he's a noble beast (and in many ways he is), but he has one incredibly disgusting habit: he loves to eat human shit (exclusively, he has no interest in animal shit). Given that we live in the failing municipal experiment of Portland Oregon, he has more chances to indulge in his favorite snack than you might guess.

A few years ago my wife had him at work and he ate some shit while being walked around the neighborhood, then doubled down by throwing it up under her desk. I mean, better her office than my office, but fuck a whole lotta that.

Name:  mutt.JPG
Views: 369
Size:  78.1 KB
    Last edited by dan_pdx; 11-12-2019 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    My mutt has most people convinced that he's a noble beast (and in many ways he is), but he has one incredibly disgusting habit: he loves to eat human shit (exclusively, he has no interest in animal shit). Given that we live in the failing municipal experiment of Portland Oregon, he has more chances to indulge in his favorite snack than you might guess.

A few years ago my wife had him at work and he ate some shit while being walked around the neighborhood, then doubled down by throwing it up under her desk. I mean, better her office than my office, but fuck a whole lotta that.

Part lab?

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Part lab?
    Probably - he's a shelter dog so we don't know for sure, but we're guessing boxer / lab / pit. He definitely eats like a lab - to see him eat, you'd think he's starving to death.

Quote Originally Posted by EZB View Post
    But most Purina pet food is made in China
    https://www.purina.com/articles/dog/...ade-in-the-usa

Dog food. Have more spurious theories and anecdotes been spun about any other subject?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post

Dog food. Have more spurious theories and anecdotes been spun about any other subject?
    Manufactured in China, 'assembled' in the US = made in the usa, amiright?

(i'm not)

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Manufactured in China, 'assembled' in the US = made in the usa, amiright?

(i'm not)
    "we also source most of our ingredients in the U.S.A. too."
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Thanks, I stand corrected. Dunno about 2019 (doubtful) but Purina did used to use wheat gluten from China. It had melamine in it that accidentally killed pets.

48 hours or so later, Gunther is doing good. Appetite is back and the poo situation is firming up. I hope what I am now feeding him is adequate, as the designer Italian kibble I was feeding him that looked so good in reviews just does not work for him. His sister the wacky Malamute can eat anything, him not really. While the Purina is not in the same quality or price league as the Farmina N&D Prime Lamb, it seems to agree with him and at this point, that is good enough for now.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post

Our girl doesn't eat the feces (at least we haven't caught her), but she loves to disguise her scent with whatever prey or other suitable smelly goo she finds. More than once she has run into the woods at the side of the trail and returned with head held high and something absolutely foul dripping from her jowls and mane. Sometimes it is unmistakably human feces. She gets so insulted when we take the hose to her to try and rinse the worst off.

I have a cold so I used a T-shirt to blow my nose into all last night. This morning I couldn’t find it... well the dog had got it and chewed holes where the snot was.

We have two boxers, 4 and 2. Piper, the white boxer is very mellow and timid. Gracie, the Euro-boxer is still a wild child. They get up at night and go out to do their business and roam in the woods behind the house. I leave the back door cracked so they can come in, then I go shut the door.

This summer, in August, they went out. Heard them clumping through the house about 4:00 am whereupon the jumped up on the bed. Both had found a perfume kitten. Gracie must have been about 12" away from the discharge with her mouth open.

Up and Dawn baths at 4:00 were not fun. Multiple baths since then.

Gracie still stinks like a skunk three months later. We have washed her with all the remedies, and it just doesn't work. And it's in her breath. I assume it made its way into her lungs. Of course, she doesn't care as she proceeds to attack and lick you.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

^I had a dog that got skunked 7 times. She loved that smell I guess. My wife figured it out, she would have microfiber rags and baking soda. She'd sprinkle the baking soda on the dog because that would soak up the oil and then wipe it off with the microfiber cloth. Worked pretty well. Giving them a bath and using soap just pushes the oil into the dogs skin.
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Awaiting updates; there are some good Lamb & rice kibble diets out there e.g. Nutri Source
    Wow, it has been a few weeks now. I am happy to report my big guy is much better. The transition to the new food was the ticket (and way cheaper too) and it is painfully obvious to the family we can not give him even the smallest piece of protein from our plate or he will have a shit fit. He is bummed about that, but we are all better off sticking to that rule. Thanks for the suggestions guys, as that last few months were really wearing me down. Hopefully Gunther is good for a few years before I have to do another food change.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post

There is a Purina dog food factory that sits at the intersection of Route 70 and York Street in Denver.