Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,317

    U tube avalanches






    Some of these in # 2 triggered a bit of PTSD.
    Ooof!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    1,618







  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    JAC
    Posts
    884
    Moat of the ones in #2 should be labled "dont stop here"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Where the center is on the right
    Posts
    681
    Any one know the story of the avy with the group getting smoked in the first video?

    Watched this one a lot over the years:

    https://youtu.be/8aAFcbr8euA
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Mostly the Elks, mostly.
    Posts
    517
    Quote Originally Posted by nest View Post
    Any one know the story of the avy with the group getting smoked in the first video?
    I want to know too. That looked brutal.

    thx for posting, good (scary) reminder heading into the season.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Grammy Jay
    Posts
    11
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouGCqORaA1o

    Here's a recent video. So many questions on their decision making process. The slope is clearly wind loaded and lets go as soon as he drops in, probably would have been good to ski cut or try and drop a bit of cornice. His partner also doesn't even have his board on and makes no effort to get it on once the slide does initiate. Not sure how the partner expected to rescue him if he was buried.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    17
    I'm a total beginner and know absolutely nothing, but he mentioned that this is the 14 avalanche he has been in...

    Doesn't that mean it's time to re-evaluate?!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    1,114
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyFish View Post
    I'm a total beginner and know absolutely nothing, but he mentioned that this is the 14 avalanche he has been in...

    Doesn't that mean it's time to re-evaluate?!
    Time to re-evaluate would have been after the 1st slide, maybe the 2nd. After 14 might as well continue giving no fucks and rolling the dice.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Time to re-evaluate would have been after the 1st slide, maybe the 2nd. After 14 might as well continue giving no fucks and rolling the dice.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Crazy

    Seems like he is also putting a lot of faith in his airbag pack? Rather than recognizing he could've died he just starts praising his pack

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •