Page 22 of 64 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Almost forgot to give props for the White Wolf sticker. Grew up in the area just east of there- Stillwater grad
    "Not all who wander are lost"

Anybody else like Shaggys? I just got my Ahmeek 105 custom 180cm. Griffon Bindings mounted. I will be at Mount Bohemia in a cabin next month for a few days during the week. I have never been there. Got the season pass. I got a day in the Snowcat on Wednesday the 16th. Could be fun. Anyone else gonna be up there? Full Moon.

Finally got out to the Nut for the first time this season on Sunday Was looking for ugly money but no luxj and never saw your car so assume you weren't there.

Conditions were fast and hard and fun. Skied the UP a few weeks ago in and after 25" of fresh dry powder. That was pretty epic for any standards let alone Midwest. Coming to Chestnut was back to fast and hard Midwest carving. Always fun.

Disappointed that the fire pit and bottom bar area isn't running this season, hopefully next.

Also my first year not being a pass holder in a long time as travel sports kicking into gear in winter. I still plan to get there at least 3-4 more days this year.

Fingers crossed for a weekday 8"+ cold snow dumping this season, generally get one of these every other year I'd say. Nothing in the 10 day, maybe February.

Mother Earth! I just saw that White Wolf Sticker. I worked there from about 1983 to 1993. Good times!

Sitting here drooling over those cheesesteaks, BaconMeCrazy. Nothing makes me happier than ski area parking lot tailgating, unfortunately I don't think i could but produce a Mountain House beef stroganoff and a session IPA. Peppers on the griddle is dedication.

Dedication on the menu is above and beyond at the Vil' with this crew. I haven't eaten better at any ski area - even the ones with "names"!!
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by RUBBERDUCK View Post
    Anybody else like Shaggys? I just got my Ahmeek 105 custom 180cm. Griffon Bindings mounted. I will be at Mount Bohemia in a cabin next month for a few days during the week. I have never been there. Got the season pass. I got a day in the Snowcat on Wednesday the 16th. Could be fun. Anyone else gonna be up there? Full Moon.
    I've got some 2016 era tubby 120s in 168. I like them a lot but I'll still rock my salomon rocker 2s almost any day. As far as bohemia, even though it's gladed I find I have the most fun on the open runs - the showtime run right under the triple chair and The Beast on the skiers right of the double. There are certain tree areas I like such as black hole area and ebc skiers right of the beast...especially if the snow is right. Midweek is always a good time to hit the place just because lines generally don't exist. Saturdays are a party and a different story, of course. I'll be in the UP the weekend beforehand but mostly to race my fat bike in the Polar Roll.

I am pretty pissed at Wilmot being fucked by the long dick of Vail resorts currently. They aren't even gonna open stateline, chair 5, and probably the big park stuff this year. It also used to stay open til 11, now it's 9...except, it's still 8 through this weekend at least and I bet they don't change that. Plenty of lifties working so I don't think that's the issue. Seems like fraud to say you have certain hours, get that season pass money and then change the hours....

*edit* I'll be there Friday. tan/blue/maroon one piece, salomon rocker2s

Quote Originally Posted by Beakjones View Post
    I've got some 2016 era tubby 120s in 168. I like them a lot but I'll still rock my salomon rocker 2s almost any day. As far as bohemia, even though it's gladed I find I have the most fun on the open runs - the showtime run right under the triple chair and The Beast on the skiers right of the double. There are certain tree areas I like such as black hole area and ebc skiers right of the beast...especially if the snow is right. Midweek is always a good time to hit the place just because lines generally don't exist. Saturdays are a party and a different story, of course. I'll be in the UP the weekend beforehand but mostly to race my fat bike in the Polar Roll.

I am pretty pissed at Wilmot being fucked by the long dick of Vail resorts currently. They aren't even gonna open stateline, chair 5, and probably the big park stuff this year. It also used to stay open til 11, now it's 9...except, it's still 8 through this weekend at least and I bet they don't change that. Plenty of lifties working so I don't think that's the issue. Seems like fraud to say you have certain hours, get that season pass money and then change the hours....

*edit* I'll be there Friday. tan/blue/maroon one piece, salomon rocker2s
    I know I was counting on the Wilmot terrain park since I'm in Chicago and have the epic pass. And to me it seemed like they had an excessive number of employees there.

thanks man, it should be fun.

2019/2020 Midwest Stoke Thread

As former longtime MN metro area resi that White Wolf sticker was unexpected!

DUCK, interested to know what you think of the Vodoo cat.

Also interested in hearing about the cat. Anyone here been before?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Also interested in hearing about the cat. Anyone here been before?

Have not been but I will give my opinion anyways. It looks like it isn't as steep as what I usually like to ski. I'd still probably enjoy it but I like to get into stuff steep enough to worry, usually.

check it out on google earth approximately 47*27'14"N 88*01'28"W

From all accounts voodoo is fairly mellow. Novelty factor is high. Pray that the lake effect machine keeps spinning and HMU if any of y’all head to MQT or Ripley.
    focus.

2019/2020 Midwest Stoke Thread

Where is that food at ? Welch Village ? Makes me hungry as a mofo looking at those pics. Damn. I need to meet you d00ds.

Friday was mellow at Christie Mountain. -12F temp kept most people away, but 3 school buses showed up about 11am. Those kids mostly stuck to the park or hung out in the lodge, slopes were empty.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2538.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	402421

Name:	IMG_2543.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	402422

Saturday woke up to fresh POW !

About an inch at home, driving to the Blue Hills gradually increased to 3, and by the time I pulled in the parking lot it was a legit 4 inches. Excellent. It fell on already groomed runs, they did re-groom the beginner runs, but left the fun stuff ungroomed.

Name:	IMG_2568.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	402423

Name:	IMG_2571.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	402424

Afterwards took a scenic drive through beautiful downtown Bruce Wisconsin

Name:	IMG_2566.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	402427

Name:	IMG_2556.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	402425

Name:	IMG_2557.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	402426

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I Like your travels, Harry -
    Thank you for your reports.

Tough deal for a Packer fan tonight...
    ( thinking of your Mom. )

I hope things will work out for March.

( did you get those skis remounted last week (?) )

carry on... skiJ

I will be on it Wednesday the 16th. 17 skiers full cat $150 a person. I just want to meet some people. The terrain looks easy, but fun.

Taking today off, Harry, but any time you want to go to Welch, let me know! I’ll introduce you to the crew!

I think they’re Indy Passing it this weekend - the lot scene was pretty quiet yesterday…
    Gravity. It's the law.

Assume that is 17 customers + guide(s)? Is that a big group cat-wise? Only went on one cat trip and that was 12 + guides.

website says "20 passenger cab"

so that would be, 'yes - something like that. '

have fun... skiJ

Great day on Sunday. Christie Mountain got another inch overnight. Everything real soft, perfect corduroy, trench city. Hot laps all day.

Name:	IMG_2580.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	402555

Name:	IMG_2582.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	402558

Name:	IMG_2584.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	402559

Name:	IMG_2585.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	2.31 MB 
ID:	402560

bonus pic for SkiJ = Norwegian Road

Name:	IMG_2591.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	402561

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Thank you, Harry -

skiJ

Voodo is kind of a novelty, I reckon. I am just doing it to hang out and meet people. If I am driving my ass up there, it is worth it. I have a cabin for 3 nights. I met Lonnie a long time ago. I did alot of snowcat skiing at Steamboat with Kevo. Did 4 weeks with CMH. most of my friends are gone. I was at Mount Bailey in Oregon with Rick Oswald. He died there. Ozzy. I just want to keep skiing, and help people, it is what I do. If you have any questions, just ask. I am an open book.

It should be a good time!
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Great day on Sunday. Christie Mountain got another inch overnight. Everything real soft, perfect corduroy, trench city. Hot laps all day.

Name:	IMG_2580.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	402555

Name:	IMG_2582.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	402558

Name:	IMG_2584.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	402559

Name:	IMG_2585.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	2.31 MB 
ID:	402560

bonus pic for SkiJ = Norwegian Road

Name:	IMG_2591.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	402561

Geez! Had the place to yourself! Nice!
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    Geez! Had the place to yourself! Nice!
    Between the cold and the Packers getting humiliated, the place was a ghost town.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums