Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1626
    Quote Originally Posted by lake_effect View Post
    How's it looking down there Ugly? Really wanted to hit Chestnut this year and thinking about making the run down for Friday and Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
    It is going to be 26 Thurs night and 16 Friday night. Chance of rain snow mix tonight and an inch Thurs into Friday am. It has been skiing pretty good but I do think Warpath, Eagle, Mineshaft, the three expert runs are done for the year. Plenty of good skiing on the steeper blues still. Park jumps and features are big and still fully in.

They are promising snowmaking before the weekend, so I think that will happen for sure for a refresh, I don't know how full throated it will be. They made snow on Saturday and Sunday, definitely not full a throttle effort, but they made snow where they needed it. Hopefully they were saving it for Friday when it will be more cost efficient and give the weekenders a good surface.

My daughter will be there Friday (and maybe wife), we will all be there Saturday all day and Sunday till early afternoon. It will be fun, but temps will barely get above freezing so might stay relatively glacial all day, depending on snowmaking.

Most of the hotels are nearly sold out in Galena or expensive this weekend, so if you need somewhere to stay and don't mind rustic road hotels grab a room at Grant Hills...kind of the go to budget dog friendly hotel.

New this year all day $3 Busch Lights draws at the Sunset Bar/Brill upstairs. Pair with a pizza for affordable food drink.

Hit me up if you come. Last Saturday I had 49 laps on chair 3 so if you don't see me right away, give it 6 minutes.

Last night was fun, Brahma 82 firm after sunset, but still grippable turny good times.

Also, a compilation from last weekend.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3RBp...gwYzhkZGtjZ3N4
    Last edited by uglymoney; 02-14-2024 at 09:23 PM.

Think we have about 4" or more of BRAND NEW SNOW on the ground here now... Where the heck did this storm come from?!? Love it...but what a surprise!!
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    Think we have about 4" or more of BRAND NEW SNOW on the ground here now... Where the heck did this storm come from?!? Love it...but what a surprise!!
    I've got a legit 6-inches (of snow) up here in Wyoming - nice little surprise when the original forecast was 1ish.

Troll had about 4"or so when I closed it down last night. Was a mix of fluffy with some earlier wetter snow.

This is the one time I didn't have aidwest inappropriate ski with me and had to ski a measly Kendo 88... Still a blast.

Now on to Bridger next week.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

Got out to Welch today a little after lunchtime. MAN...that real snow did some AMAZING things to the snowpack! First time this year I haven't felt like I was skiing on sugar. The snow finally congealed and you could carve without concern of everything giving way. It was FANTASTIC! The sun was out all day, and not a cloud in the sky. Light crowds too! Tough to beat a day like today!

Looks like WINDY tomorrow though. Might hold off til Sunday for the next session.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Headed to Sundown tomorrow as my sister got a Saturday free from studying and it’s halfway between Ames and Milwaukee.

I pitched Chestnut since Ugly has me wanting to get back there. She chose sundown for the shorter drive and cheaper rentals…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    Got out to Welch today a little after lunchtime. MAN...that real snow did some AMAZING things to the snowpack! First time this year I haven't felt like I was skiing on sugar. The snow finally congealed and you could carve without concern of everything giving way. It was FANTASTIC! The sun was out all day, and not a cloud in the sky. Light crowds too! Tough to beat a day like today!

Looks like WINDY tomorrow though. Might hold off til Sunday for the next session.
    Good to hear someone got out and enjoyed the fresh. If my leg wasn’t messed up still I would have played hooky from work to spend the day. As it stands, praying my season isn’t over as the leg doesn’t feel like it’s getting any better. Heading in for a scan prob next week. Getting old sucks.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Not all who wander are lost"

Anyone skied Spirit Mountain recently? I realize conditions are not great, but might stop by tomorrow for some turns.

Quote Originally Posted by ejj View Post
    Anyone skied Spirit Mountain recently? I realize conditions are not great, but might stop by tomorrow for some turns.
    How was it? Post some pics, I’m interested.

Sent from my island using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Well, wife woke up sick Thursday morning so that killed our trip to Dubuque/Chestnut. Went up to Pine on Saturday instead. Snow was really good where they had it. Their snowmaking isn't enough to do a lot in a short amount of time, so only 4 runs are open. The best of which was taken for racing in the morning and patrol training in the afternoon. Still better than not skiing.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk

Went to Tyrol this afternoon and had some nice turns in the warm sunshine

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4B63A355-A265-48DE-B481-C05057118F21_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	914.6 KB 
ID:	487642

Name:	F7399C6D-7AE4-49D4-8716-F33C388CB3D8_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1,002.2 KB 
ID:	487644

Snow was surprisingly good considering it was ~55*. Fast in the shade and a bit sticky in the sun

Nice. We will be there this weekend for the race. Holler at me if you come. I'm signed up to work Saturday am but left Sunday open so I can spin some laps and use my Indypass for a ticket instead of getting a gatekeeper freebie.

I can't stop playing with the Instagram reels feature. Voice over report from last weekend at Chestnut. Terrible, but for some reason I enjoy making these mini movies that nobody watches...lol.

They sold out the hotel for the weekend, powder pups, privates lessons, ski rentals all sold out Saturday. Great to see them have an excellent revenue P day weekend. And the skiing was good with no lift lines to speak of save for 15 minutes on Sunday when chair 3 went down for a mini repair

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3ndQ...lhY2t2dWhlamJ4

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by uglymoney; 02-21-2024 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    How was it? Post some pics, I’m interested.

Sent from my island using TGR Forums
    The skiing was excellent. Low wind sunny day made for some awesome groomer cruising. Snow skied surprisingly well as they haven't had any real snow in a month. But high-speed GS turns under the high-speed detachable quad made for a decent afternoon. The Steeper side was good too, but the snow wasn't quite as soft, and the lift is slower. We went back and forth between those options several times.

Name:	Spirit Girls.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	764.3 KB 
ID:	487687

The mountain is 3 minutes off I35, which makes it an easy stop. the food/cafeteria options were weak.

Quote Originally Posted by ejj View Post
    The mountain is 3 minutes off I35, which makes it an easy stop. the food/cafeteria options were weak.
    Spirit's food has always been terrible all the way back to my college days up there 20 years ago - better off just packing a cooler and lawn chairs and having lunch/beers at the car. We'll probably be up there sometime in early March to burn up some free passes over spring break - hopefully the snow holds out that long.

Name:	IMG_4015.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	152.5 KB 
ID:	487780Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4016.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	152.6 KB 
ID:	487781

Got some after work turns in during another business trip to Wausau. Daytime temps were over 50 but things were stetting up pretty firm after dark. Glad to be on my monsters

[QUOTE=uglymoney;7031624]Terrible, but for some reason I enjoy making these mini movies that nobody watches....,..........hey now.. I watch your reels... Sometimes
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Greetings from Big Sky. Not great coverage, not great snow. But fun day nonetheless.

Last day at Bridger today, then back to mow my lawn.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

02-07-2024. post #21445 in the 2012 Montana thread. Harry wrote,

"Today was my best day of skiing in years.

Not because of the conditions (which were soft), but because everything came together perfectly today, my physical health , my mental health, and my emotional health. Everything clicked today in a way I haven’t felt in almost a decade. It was beautiful."

There (are) only two posts I like as much in twenty years on this forum - this community --

If you know Harry's story, This is Joy well-deserved. !

rock ON ! Harry ! You have made this thread a life-line for me - Thank You !

skiJ / tj

🤟

Mrs. Axe and I are headed to Wydaho on Saturday. Hoping for some good turns, but Targhee always seems to deliver regardless. A day at Kelly Canyon for sure, and possibly a trip to Snow King in Jackson.

Just looked at the 10-day for Blaine, and only one day where the high isn't above freezing. Could be a fast/violent finish to the season as it's gonna be 60 degrees the day we come back home. I'll have bugs on the windshield instead of ice...yikes. I'm headed to MSP shortly to pick up Grandma Axe to take care of her GrandPets (2 of the 3) while we're gone, and I guess the weather here won't be a lot different than what she's leaving in California.

I tried to talk Harry into coming back out there with me, but apparently he is getting his back waxed, and it's a multi-day process for him...and that's just the work ABOVE the belt line... Baconmecrazy also left me high & dry with his alleged "This Is Spinal Tap" tour... Hopefully the drummer survives and his pod opens this time...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by naedward81 View Post
    Last day at Bridger today, then back to mow my lawn.
    Truth is stranger than fiction this year.
    Gravity. It's the law.

I bet I'm putting in my dock and lifts by mid-March - ice is already starting to darken..... Wild lost a considerable amount of snow between Sunday and last night - skiing was decent though, firm and edge-able - good for some mach loony groomer zooming. Might be out again tonight, and over to Buck on Sunday for the kids' last race of the year. Hoping the snow holds enough for Troll's demo days as I'd like to figure out what sticks will make the short list for next year, since I'm way overdue for new ones.

HL RC85 requires no demo. Perfect for MN.

Well I was hoping to meet some more Midwest mags this spring but Kirkwood got the best of me this morning. The clinic doc thinks I tore my MCL. I’ll have wait until I get home for the MRI to confirm but either way my season is over.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2472.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	848.3 KB 
ID:	488009Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5279.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	122.8 KB 
ID:	488010

I'm self-deprecating and a shitty speller.

Shout out to the ski patrol who did a great job getting me down the mountain.

Name:	IMG_4356.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	244.1 KB 
ID:	488019

I'm self-deprecating and a shitty speller.