Page 16 of 62 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

2019/2020 Midwest Stoke Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    guys - all I gotta say is, I fucking love the stoke in this thread. Harry and the rest of you seem like you're having an absolute blast. Keep it up y'all

signed, someone from the Wasatch thread tired of arguing about parking and ikon passes

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    My 94 y/o Mom would love to meet the anonymous man from the internet who kept sending her coffee during the shutdown.

This is EZ to make happen. Christie Mountain gave me a buddy pass with my season pass, so your lift ticket is free. Delta has flights SLC to MSP for around $149-$179. Get a cheap rental car for $29/day (no 4x4 needed) and drive 2 hours NE. This is EZ, cheap, and fun. Bring an open mind and you will have a blast.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    My 94 y/o Mom would love to meet the anonymous man from the internet who kept sending her coffee during the shutdown.

This is EZ to make happen. Christie Mountain gave me a buddy pass with my season pass, so your lift ticket is free. Delta has flights SLC to MSP for around $149-$179. Get a cheap rental car for $29/day (no 4x4 needed) and drive 2 hours NE. This is EZ, cheap, and fun. Bring an open mind and you will have a blast.
    Dude I genuinely want to make this happen. I also really wanna meet your Mom, she sounds like a fucking hoot. That yellow rain jacket is for the ages.

New coffee roaster is coming in the next few weeks, after which point I'll be able to scale my production nicely and I can get you bags on the reg.

You Midwesterners have a great attitude. Don't take this the wrong way at all, but I think the secret to being happy in life is to want what you have, or to have no expectations. Buddha teaches that expectation is the root of all suffering - idk, but he could be on to something.

No one rolls up to Trollhaugen thinking that it's actually Chamonix, that's not the fucking point. The point is to ski with your friends and have fun.

Lutsen looks like it was amazing today. 8 inches all during the day today and still snowing. Missed it by a week. https://instagram.com/stories/lutsen...um=share_sheet

Cold hasn't arrived here quite yet, super calm right now but much needed north wind due any minute. Plan on skiing down south here at 42 degrees north next weekend at the Nut.

I got to ski in the rain at Tyrol today. It was awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! I saw that on the Mad Alpine page. Deer hunt recovery day for me.

Update from Lutsen

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Nice write up

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Dude I genuinely want to make this happen. I also really wanna meet your Mom, she sounds like a fucking hoot. That yellow rain jacket is for the ages.

New coffee roaster is coming in the next few weeks, after which point I'll be able to scale my production nicely and I can get you bags on the reg.

You Midwesterners have a great attitude. Don't take this the wrong way at all, but I think the secret to being happy in life is to want what you have, or to have no expectations. Buddha teaches that expectation is the root of all suffering - idk, but he could be on to something.

No one rolls up to Trollhaugen thinking that it's actually Chamonix, that's not the fucking point. The point is to ski with your friends and have fun.

Bloom where you're planted

Lutsen will be busy tomorrow, they already cancelled school.
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post
    Bloom where you're planted
    I sprouted in the Midwest, left at 18 and spent 40+ years blooming out West, now in my 60s back in the Midwest. Not quite ready for harvest though....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by wordbird View Post
    About a couple weeks before I escape the Midwest... Maybe next weekend? I'd like to ski with the former Big Sky mayor before i return to either OR/ID. I've skied Big Sky while living in MT but never made an effort to meet you so I think I should make it up here.
    Got your PM, sent you a text.

Currently dumping in Northern Wisconsin. Skiing Christie Mountain Fri, Sat, & Sun. Should be good with this new snow.

https://www.christiemountain.com

I sprouted in the Midwest, left at 18 and spent 40+ years blooming out West, now in my 60s back in the Midwest. Not quite ready for harvest though....

I'd rather show the bouquet, than to leave a fragrance behind.

^^^ that needs some wordsmithing, but the idea is there ^^^

Got your PM, sent you a text.

Currently dumping in Northern Wisconsin. Skiing Christie Mountain Fri, Sat, & Sun. Should be good with this new snow.

https://www.christiemountain.com

Sounds fun

Nice little excerpt from the site:

Now The Beast symbolizes our welcome for skiers of all ages and abilities to discover the uniqueness of Christie Mountain and to bring out the ski beast in themselves.
    Aggressive in my own mind

Update: meeting fellow Montana maggot wordbird at Trollhaugen on Saturday.

So my schedule this week will be
    Friday = Christie Mountain
    Saturday = Trollhaugen
    Sunday = Christie Mountain

note about Trollhaugen: they are limiting day tickets due to COVID and have sold out the past two weekends. To avoid problems, buy your ticket online a day or two ahead of time.

That's a fairly grueling skiing schedule. Shouldn't you slow down and pace yourself during the early season? Be fair to yourself and have some rest days away from the slopes.

Update: meeting fellow Montana maggot wordbird at Trollhaugen on Saturday.

So my schedule this week will be
    Friday = Christie Mountain
    Saturday = Trollhaugen
    Sunday = Christie Mountain

note about Trollhaugen: they are limiting day tickets due to COVID and have sold out the past two weekends. To avoid problems, buy your ticket online a day or two ahead of time.

Dude - Harry is training for Alpental.

And BigSky.

And JacksonHole.

skiing hwy8 IS taking it easy for the Mayor...

skiJ
    Last edited by skiJ; 12-08-2021 at 04:26 PM.

Afton Alps

Skied Afton today before it got too crowded. It was cold…. On the plus side the snow was way better than last Thursday and they are making snow like crazy! Hopefully, they will start opening earlier in the day soon so I can avoid the ski clubs. I had to settle for parking 20 yards from the lift today………

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGHLATE FRIDAY NIGHT...

* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 7 inches possible.

* WHERE...Portions of northwest and west central Wisconsin and central and east central Minnesota.

* WHEN...From Friday afternoon through late Friday night.

* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous conditions could impact the evening commute. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Monitor the latest forecasts for updates on this situation. &&

I'm planning to ski tomorrow night at Nordic Mountain, near Wild Rose, WI

If anyone happens to be in the area, get over there and we can spin several laps together. (several, because it's 265' vertical)

https://www.nordicmountain.com/

Maggot meetup at Trollhaugen on Saturday, 2 people for sure, possibly 4

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post
    I'm planning to ski Nordic Mountain, it's 265' vertical
    You need to quit messing around with those tiny hills and step up to something legit. Trollhaugen towers above that place at a solid 280 feet.

Maggot meetup at Trollhaugen on Saturday, 2 people for sure, possibly 4
    Current roll call for tomorrow at Trollhaugen

wordbird = confirmed
    Harry = confirmed
    AxeBiker = text received, he is a maybe
    GSinister = no word, he was having car trouble earlier in the week

It is currently dumping, tomorrow may be a legit pow day.

FKNA !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639232240.653585.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	396198

Go git some Harry looking forward to ur report on the day
    always forward but never straight

Woke up to 12-14 inches in my ancestral homeland, headed to Trollhaugen and found roads getting better and snow totals getting less and less as I went. Both wordbird and I had approx 1.5 hour drives from opposite directions. He reported the same thing, more snow where he was, and less as he headed to Trollhaugen. Snow was nice and soft, but only 3-4 inches.

Fun hooking up with a guy I had never met before but we knew a bunch of people in common. I did not realize he was an Alpental guy and has attended BBI’s. Fun guy to spend a day with.

Hwy 8

Name:	Image1639257205.970388.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	558.2 KB 
ID:	396249

Parked by these k00ks

Name:	Image1639257253.340224.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	396250

Legit stickers

Name:	Image1639257292.742983.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	396251

wordbird sending it in the park

Name:	Image1639257415.159659.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	921.9 KB 
ID:	396252

Bluebird day

Name:	Image1639257463.630353.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	396253

We took a few short laps in the morning at Trollhaugen. I can say that I officially got to ski in Midwest, furthermore it was with (former?) mayor of Big Sky. Since I've been restraining my TGR browsing after I moved to Midwest(mostly to prevent FOMO), i got up to date on BBI schedules. I am 95% sure I'll be attending Big Sky BBI since it's on the base IKON pass. Excited to move to Boise sometime in late winter of 2022 for a new job. I wonder if we got a Treasure valley thread...

Also the Mayor does live up to his name, to any of you that are wondering, I'm sure a lot of people got to meet him.

Who's been out to Tyrol lately? How's the setup?