Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 425 of 832
  1. #401
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Big Sky/Moonlight Basin
    Posts
    12,230
    Christie Mountain got dumped on by that storm. Great skiing today.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639344015.672266.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	2.12 MB 
ID:	396364
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639344040.306916.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	396365
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639344063.025564.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	396366
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639344101.059210.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	396367
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639344131.693658.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	396368



    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

    "Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

  2. #402
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Vinyl Valley
    Posts
    1,570
    Nordic Mountain got ~7-8" of new, groomed into submission with small areas untouched by the PistenBully. But, I'm guessing the majority of WI ski area patrons would want it that way.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	91285597-1806-4D89-9D2E-4E28A7413D39_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	982.7 KB 
ID:	396375


    My favorite central WI stream for troots

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DC7A306D-E253-4791-9069-36686F27F0D3_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	396376

  3. #403
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Vinyl Valley
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Christie Mountain got dumped on by that storm. Great skiing today.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639344015.672266.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	2.12 MB 
ID:	396364
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639344040.306916.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	396365
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639344063.025564.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	396366
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639344101.059210.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	396367
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639344131.693658.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	396368



    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Looks like fun over there

  4. #404
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Big Sky/Moonlight Basin
    Posts
    12,230

    2019/2020 Midwest Stoke Thread

    Special Weather Statement issued by the Minneapolis office of the National Weather Service at 6:03 am today


    TODAY'S VOLATILE DAY OF WEATHER HAS NOT BEEN SEEN BEFORE INMID DECEMBER... An unprecedented outbreak of severe thunderstorms for this time of year is likely early this evening. The line of thunderstorms will race northeast across southern and eastern Minnesota into Wisconsin between 5 PM and 9 PM. Widespread wind damage from gusts possibly exceeding 80 mph will accompany the storms. Tornadoes are also possible. The highest risk of severe thunderstorms is southeast of a line from Redwood Falls to Rush City. Storms will be moving between 60 and 70 mph! Conditions will deteriorate very quickly. Unless preparations are made ahead of time, it may be hard to take adequate shelter when one notices storms beginning to approach. These are expected to be high end damaging wind producers, so pay close attention to warnings issued later today. Very strong winds will develop behind a cold front tonight. Wind gusts of 60 to 65 mph are expected area wide. A High Wind Warning is in effect. Plummeting temperatures overnight could result in a flash freeze. Some accumulating snow is also possible across western Minnesota.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

    "Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

  5. #405
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moose, Iowa
    Posts
    7,346
    It is going to be 70 degrees here! Already 56. Shorts weather to helmet weather. Just insane. I locked everything outside down last night. We are just slightly east of the area maximum potential energy which is good news for us. Not so good for central IA into southern MN. Hoping for the best. Going to take the dog on some walks today before the wind gets too scary.

    The sorta good news for us is the derecho took out a lot of hangfire and I replaced the windows on the south and west side of my house with tempered glass.

    Stay safe. It worries me when the weather people seem nervous. They are trying to predict an event with atmospheric parameters they haven't seen before this deep into December. I'm seeing uncertainty in all the forecasts.

    If we get through this snowmaking weather is back in the house down here at 42 degrees.





    Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by uglymoney; 12-15-2021 at 08:24 AM.

  6. #406
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moose, Iowa
    Posts
    7,346
    DOT has restricted oversize loads starting at noon. Iowa State called off afternoon classes in Ames. The pavement is sweating so badly here is looks like it just rained. Sky is ominous. I am in shorts and sandal with a sweatshirt.

    Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

  7. #407
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Big Sky/Moonlight Basin
    Posts
    12,230
    Tornado Watch just issued for my county.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

    "Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

  8. #408
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,028
    tornado Warmings in Wisconsin the week before Christmas...

    we have screwed-up this planet.

    lots of luck 'engineering a Solution' ( Bill Williams. 2013. (GogebicTaconite. Gtac)) out of this...


    Love your stoke, Harry ! !!
    Good stuff. Thank you ! !!!

    skiJ

  9. #409
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Big Sky/Moonlight Basin
    Posts
    12,230
    Shit hitting the fan, sirens going off, evacing 94 y/o Mom to basement


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

    "Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

  10. #410
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Montrose, CO
    Posts
    3,818
    Thinking of you midwest mags. Hope everything turns out ok. MIL is in the SW corner of WI, strong stuff moving into there now.

  11. #411
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moose, Iowa
    Posts
    7,346
    We hit 73 here. Beat the old daily December 15th record of 55 by 18 degrees. Also set an all time December record. The old record was 69 on December 4th 1998.

    Storms passed through with a whimper. Now dealing with backside winds.

    The man-made snowpack at Chestnut and Sundown were absolutely hammered. Sundown re-opening is publically announced for Sunday. Inside word is Chestnut is going to try for Saturday with their superior snowmaking.

  12. #412
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Big Sky/Moonlight Basin
    Posts
    12,230
    That was fast. Squall line came right over the top of us at about 75 mph. Did not last long though. Continuous nonstop thunder & lightning for about 10-15 minutes. Looks like we are in the clear now.

    This is nuts. 4 days ago we had a 14 inch powder dump, and now itís in the 60s and tornadoes.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

    "Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

  13. #413
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,234
    Walked the dog last night during our windstorm a bit south of yaíll. 60mph gusts, 30mph sustained winds. Very loud! Heard a couple trees fall in the woods along the river bluff.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  14. #414
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Big Sky/Moonlight Basin
    Posts
    12,230
    It was cold AF at Christie Mountain today. Snow was surprisingly good considering the crazy storm we just had.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639781422.653823.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	883.7 KB 
ID:	397118
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639781440.209596.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	924.2 KB 
ID:	397119
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639781472.237984.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	397120
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639781492.189965.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	397121
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639781506.440779.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	397122
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639781521.174756.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	397123
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639781537.092546.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	397124
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639781550.793905.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	397125



    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

    "Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

  15. #415
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Big Sky/Moonlight Basin
    Posts
    12,230
    Saturday at Christie Mountain was awesome. I am really enjoying perfect corduroy and zero lift lines. I was laying down trenches all day.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639868430.396452.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	397309
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639868471.233757.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	397311
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639868498.085644.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	397312
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639868517.034977.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	397313



    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

    "Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

  16. #416
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Big Sky/Moonlight Basin
    Posts
    12,230

    2019/2020 Midwest Stoke Thread

    Itís Sunday, so I worshipped at the Church of Courduroy. Always fun.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639953781.081949.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	397468
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2189.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	397469
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639953838.784805.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	397470












    Bonus for SkiJ, The Narrows north of Pokegama
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639954000.490467.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	397471


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

    "Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

  17. #417
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Vinyl Valley
    Posts
    1,570
    Nice to have some sun shining up there. Little bit cloudy down hereClick image for larger version. 

Name:	5E422DA4-6F7A-41D3-86B0-DAF7227D9D13_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	600.7 KB 
ID:	397480

  18. #418
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moose, Iowa
    Posts
    7,346
    Chestnut was fun today. They, along with everyone else this far south, were wiped out by the 73 degree heat, wind, and heavy rain. Blew some snow the last few days, updated their website last night that they would have one run today, but they had two, and they didn't put anything on FB or Instagram about it to keep it on the down low and to keep today from being stupid. Result was no crowd and good skiing. I pretty much layed trenches for 3.5 hours straight. Only left because the wife and daughter were cold. Felt so good and the skiing was a white ribbon sleeper for sure.

    Pulled out my loosey goosey OG Brahmas. Perfect tool for todays trade.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211219_102557.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	397483

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211219_102628.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	397484

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211219_095832.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	397485

  19. #419
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    11,568
    Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Chestnut was fun today. They, along with everyone else this far south, were wiped out by the 73 degree heat, wind, and heavy rain. Blew some snow the last few days, updated their website last night that they would have one run today, but they had two, and they didn't put anything on FB or Instagram about it to keep it on the down low and to keep today from being stupid. Result was no crowd and good skiing. I pretty much layed trenches for 3.5 hours straight. Only left because the wife and daughter were cold. Felt so good and the skiing was a white ribbon sleeper for sure.

    Pulled out my loosey goosey OG Brahmas. Perfect tool for todays trade.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211219_102557.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	397483

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211219_102628.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	397484

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211219_095832.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	397485
    Is that the Mississippi River in the first pic?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  20. #420
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moose, Iowa
    Posts
    7,346
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Is that the Mississippi River in the first pic?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yep. The east coast of Iowa visible in the distance.

  21. #421
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    11,568
    Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Yep. The east coast of Iowa visible in the distance.
    Thatís pretty cool


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  22. #422
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Itís Sunday, so I worshipped at the Church of Courduroy. Always fun.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639953781.081949.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	397468
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2189.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	397469
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639953838.784805.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	397470

    Bonus for SkiJ, The Narrows north of Pokegama
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639954000.490467.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	397471


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

    thanks, Harry ! recognize it -

    do you take Norewegian Road to get to the hill (?)
    ( I love that descent. . . )

    Just ,,, thanks -
    ( (lotta) memories in that country... )


    Christmas wishes To You And Mom !

    skiJ

  23. #423
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Midwest Park Skiier
    Posts
    205
    So what skis do most of y'all ride?

  24. #424
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    288
    Any sighting of the Blue Hills Beast at Christie? 350' of cord - looks like a blast, I'm jealous!

  25. #425
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    People's Republic of MN
    Posts
    5,552
    I need to get over there soon. I didn't do anything this weekend...just f-in lazy, and now I regret it...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •