Page 37 of 66 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    The Rochford family still owns Trollhaugen. Dr. Ray and Dr. Anne Rochford bought it in 1967. They were actual dentists from St.Paul…….

Any of you Trollhaugen mags know Wade?

Harry awesome first day October stoke. Man that would have been fun.

We'll be skiing Brule over Thanksgiving weekend for a race camp we signed my daughter up for, assuming they have snow.

Stupid Book told me Pursuit of Soul 2 was released today. So fkna good. I guess if you get it you get it, and those of us in this thread are mostly people that get it.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by uglymoney; 10-25-2022 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Harry awesome first day October stoke. Man that would have been fun.

We'll be skiing Brule over Thanksgiving weekend for a race camp we signed my daughter up for, assuming they have snow.

Stupid Book told me Pursuit of Soul 2 was released today. So fkna good. I guess if you get it you get it, and those of us in this thread are mostly people that get it.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    Anyone else planning on going to the showing at the Rock? https://www.rocksnowpark.com/winter-...bu58GPSt4W9qPU

Wow, that really captures most of my 59 years of skiing in the Midwest. Brought back a lot of memories of my parents dropping me off at the local ski area because they knew we were safe there.. Community….

I have Nov 20th marked on the calendar... Now if my gear arrives before then, that is the first day on snow, hopefully.

In all reality, looking at the weather, Troll should have the guns on end of next week or so.

I put no faith in those long range forecasts. 7 day still looks like shit on NWS. The promising 10 day my wife keeps showing me keeps getting bumped back.

October was decent at least. slightly below average here, probably brought down by that nice cold snap, but finished warm.

Any of you Trollhaugian insiders have info on opening this weekend ? Low temps in the teens this weekend so good conditions for snowmaking ?

I owe BaconMeCrazy a beer.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I’ll drink that beer.

I have 3 weeks to burn at work before the end of the year. I plan on going out on weekdays.

November 2022

from last Sunday ,
    Loretta ( 'sconsin), not far from Christie ;

( pic. to follow )

skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Any of you Trollhaugian insiders have info on opening this weekend ? Low temps in the teens this weekend so good conditions for snowmaking ?

I owe BaconMeCrazy a beer.

According to the schedule for Patrol, looking like Sunday the 13th. For sure the following weekend. I will be out at 10am on the 20th to get my first turns in.

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    from last Sunday ,
    Loretta ( 'sconsin), not far from Christie ;

( pic. to follow )

skiJ
    I was in Loretta on Monday! Musky fishing on the upper Flambeau by Oxbo. Had lunch in Winter.

Next time give a shout.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Great video. I remember being a little kid at the lodge and there being lots of food, sandwiches, crock pots going full tilt, cookies, brownies, thermoses of hot chocolate , etc up for grabs. People would make tons of stuff and just lay it out for whomever. Everybody skied together, shared what they had, and if you wanted to stay later then somebody's parents would bring you home. There was a single gear locker where we would dump our stuff and when you went back it was always there. You never went home hungry and when you got home you would usually fall asleep pretty quickly with no prompting from mom and dad. That was 50 years ago and its nice to see it still happening.

Email from Trollhaugen says definitely open Monday from 3pm until 9pm, and “maybe” tomorrow.

Email from Trollhaugen says definitely open Monday from 3pm until 9pm, and “maybe” tomorrow.

I doubt tomorrow is happening. Ski Patrol email said not tomorrow, but Monday and looks like Troll will be open all week.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Wednesday I threw in the towel and took my ski boat to a barn for the winter. It was a tremendous day to work outside. Grease flows nicely in the seventies.

Snowmaking weather all the way down here last night, although humidity levels are high. I noticed Chestnut wasn't able to make snow down by the still open and warm river by the time I went to bed, but by this morning they had worked their way all the way to the bottom.

Took longer for the cold air to penetrate than they thought. 74 degrees on Thursday with very high humidity kept the ground and water warm and rain made everything wet even after the welcome cold front arrived.

Watching Brule social media also and went ahead and bought our tickets for T day race camp we signed up for up there. That is looking good now.

Drove by Little Switz and they still had the guns going at 1130. LFG

SkiJ - douche your box.

Quote Originally Posted by halliday View Post
    Great video. I remember being a little kid at the lodge and there being lots of food, sandwiches, crock pots going full tilt, cookies, brownies, thermoses of hot chocolate , etc up for grabs. People would make tons of stuff and just lay it out for whomever. Everybody skied together, shared what they had, and if you wanted to stay later then somebody's parents would bring you home. There was a single gear locker where we would dump our stuff and when you went back it was always there. You never went home hungry and when you got home you would usually fall asleep pretty quickly with no prompting from mom and dad. That was 50 years ago and its nice to see it still happening.
    This wins. Just like tailgates in Ohio and spring skiing at perfect north in Indiana. Flat landers rip and live the dream.

OpenSnow was touting a pretty nice storm heading your way. It looks like Michigan and the Keeweenaw will get a good covering. Hoping that is a sign for a great year at Mt. Bohemia!
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

.WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST THISEVENING...

* WHAT...Light snow and patchy freezing drizzle. Additional snow accumulations of up to one inch.

* WHERE...Portions of central, east central, south central and southeast Minnesota and northwest and west central Wisconsin.

* WHEN...Until 6 PM CST this evening.

Trollhaugen delivered. 2 inches of natural plus 4 inches of manmade equals time to break out the dentist skis. Today was my first time on these. Gear Swap deal curtesy of schwerty out in Jackson.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1668562768.996604.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	434183

Name:	Image1668562807.302510.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	434184

Name:	Image1668562830.701907.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	434185

Name:	Image1668562907.039248.jpg 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	434186

^^Noice Harry!

Now that the season is starting, figured I'd ask all the mt boho locals/frequent visitors. Finally able to make it out there for a trip, when is usually the best time to visit? Just looking around seems like jan/feb but never been there so dunno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a great day to be out enjoying new snow and new to you skis. Are those massive Vail type lift lines typical midweek at Trollhaugen?

Name:	Image1668562768.996604.jpg 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	434183