Page 31 of 66 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Last year, around this time, we had a giant thaw/refreeze and it never recovered. It was just bullshit mud slush refrozen ice until an early end.

If we can just somehow avoid a bunch of rain. Fuck.

Solid day last weekend with my 6 year old at Giant's Ridge. She graduated to a real chairlift for the first time and was stoked on the peacefulness of it all. Then we heard someone screaming bloody murder and saw a little kid a few chairs ahead hanging on for dear life and his parents clutched his jacket sleeves. He dropped onto the bag before the unloading ramp. Whew. My kid was not impressed.

Still rockin my 2009 Big Troubles. They'll pry them from my cold, amputated feet.

Anyone going to be up at Boho this weekend? Saw they’re getting a bunch of snow again today so I’m making the trip up today to go ski tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by naedward81 View Post
    rain on Saturday
    Can’t even walk on my driveway. Bulletproof ice. Driving to Trollhaugen tomorrow is out. Too bad, I wanted to meet you. Axe says you are cool.

I checked my credit card statements, I spent over $400 on day tickets at Trollhaugen this season, so I am definitely going to get that $279 season pass. FKNA, next year will be another 100+ day season, living in the Midwest…

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Can’t even walk on my driveway. Bulletproof ice. Driving to Trollhaugen tomorrow is out. Too bad, I wanted to meet you. Axe says you are cool.

I checked my credit card statements, I spent over $400 on day tickets at Trollhaugen this season, so I am definitely going to get that $279 season pass. FKNA, next year will be another 100+ day season, living in the Midwest…

We need to get out. We will have a few more weekends.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyRiley View Post
    Anyone going to be up at Boho this weekend? Saw they’re getting a bunch of snow again today so I’m making the trip up today to go ski tomorrow.
    big gamble

It’s drizzling in mqt right now, so my hopes and prayers of avoiding a water-injection of our snowpack are gone.

It could remain snow up there, it could rain. It’s going to be close…few degrees one way or the other.

Just talked to my dad (who is just north of Houghton), and he said it was drizzling there. Forecast says lots of snow, so maybe it will switch over.
    focus.

On the cams it looks like Chestnut was on weather hold for a while but open now. High of 62 and heavy wind then rain and thunderstorms/heavy weather tonight.

Wife says a thunderstorm rumbled through this am but I slept through it.

This is fucked.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

This is almost exactly what happened last year.
    Ski hill drags ass, does wrod for months, broken down lifts, “early season” until mid January, finally gets everything open and running mid to late February and we have that for a couple of weeks before devastating thaw/rain and going to limited weekend only mode for “late season” in early March.
    2 week ski season.

Edit to not bump thread:
    Soaking rain at 31 degrees now, and I ate shit hard trying to walk my dog.
    Snow is fucked.
    Can’t wait to go drive a 30,000 lb rig in this, apparently my coworkers are already having accidents and getting stuck all over the county, but management has nothing to say about shutting down.
    Last edited by ill-advised strategy; 03-07-2022 at 07:31 AM.

Yeah we’re used to the short season down here in St. Louis. Our local, Hidden Valley, didn’t open till Jan 9 and Sunday’s our last day. Two months is all we can count on and hours were abbreviated because of difficulty hiring. We had patrol running lifts Thursdays and fridays just so we could open earlier. I’m patrolling Sunday and hill leader so guess I’ll be the last one down for the season.

Ugly$, if you stuck around Tyrol for the seniors last run, my guy was the one in the American flag speedo. Kinda bittersweet for it to end after years of 6 hour drives to wijara races.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirreljam View Post
    Yeah we’re used to the short season down here in St. Louis. Our local, Hidden Valley, didn’t open till Jan 9 and Sunday’s our last day. Two months is all we can count on and hours were abbreviated because of difficulty hiring. We had patrol running lifts Thursdays and fridays just so we could open earlier. I’m patrolling Sunday and hill leader so guess I’ll be the last one down for the season.

Ugly$, if you stuck around Tyrol for the seniors last run, my guy was the one in the American flag speedo. Kinda bittersweet for it to end after years of 6 hour drives to wijara races.
    Ha! Of course I did. That was good shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    big gamble

It’s drizzling in mqt right now, so my hopes and prayers of avoiding a water-injection of our snowpack are gone.

It could remain snow up there, it could rain. It’s going to be close…few degrees one way or the other.
    This is what I find weird as I get used to living here. In the Cascades I could usually rely on some adiabatic cooling from where I lived. If it was 40 in PDX, Mt Hood was reliably 15° cooler worst case barring an inversion. Here, the elevation is all pretty level and the shit wet weather does your ski hill too.

Iron Mountain got freezing rain last night, some rain today but it’s only 34 and it’s starting to get more sleety/snowy than rain. I’m just hoping it’ll turn to snow up at Boho tonight. It’s not too long of a drive and I have their season pass, so a couple of coworkers and I are going to head up tonight and check out the skiing tomorrow.

Could be 1” over death ice, could be 12” of high density ultra cush.
    He’s a gamblin’ man

Debating on going to Boho Monday and Tuesday. Well that's been the plan for awhile so more debating on cancelling now.

Models show potential for 6-10". But the local NWS mets are saying nothing right now.

What do you guys think? Ice rink or powder heaven?

Pouring rain here in Northern Wisconsin at 9:30pm

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Boho got 2-4” last night? Going skiing today. It’s still lightly snowing but they got more than I thought they would based on the drive up/rain we got on the border yesterday.

I’ll let you know how it’s looking at the end of the day.

It rained all night then turned to snow in mqt like 5am, snowed 1/2” and shut off.
    It’s a fucking mess out there.
    This pretty much wrecks skiing for the season. Refrozen corduroy.

Trollhaugen got rain, then 4" last night. Groomed it in to keep the snow good and is a little sticky today but not bad. .

And naturally, inappropriate Midwest skis, Revolt 121

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by naedward81; 03-07-2022 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by naedward81 View Post
    inappropriate Midwest skis.

Revolt 121
    I love it !

First person who posts pics in this thread skiing the Midwest on K2 Pon2oons gets a free ride on my pontoon boat this summer…

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I love it !

First person who posts pics in this thread skiing the Midwest on K2 Pon2oons gets a free ride on my pontoon boat this summer…

Do you usually charge for rides?
    focus.

Surprisingly decent this morning at Chestnut. Wore the skinny skis which was the correct call. Would have needed to add some mm once things started breaking down into heavy granular sugar but we had other obligations and left after a couple hours of laps. The spots that were refrozen rain ice were turnable and edgeable.

3 to 5 possible tonight. If it happens might give it a proper refresh.

Warpath was proper fackered and marked closed.

It was a great day today at boho. 3-4” of fresh snow, maybe a little more in some spots due to wind blow but a great day of skiing there. Doubtful that they’re going to get more snow tomorrow or in the near future but it’s still skiing really well.

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyRiley View Post
    It was a great day today at boho. 3-4” of fresh snow, maybe a little more in some spots due to wind blow but a great day of skiing there. Doubtful that they’re going to get more snow tomorrow or in the near future but it’s still skiing really well.
    Good to hear!

Spring comes so goddamn quick….
    focus.

2019/2020 Midwest Stoke Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Do you usually charge for rides?
    Gas, grass, or ass: nobody rides for free 🤡

Name:  Image1646621896.498019.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  15.0 KB

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums