Page 21 of 64 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    Yup. Thanks. That was a fun day at Chestnut. We haven’t seen it that crowded at AV. MLK weekend in effect!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Cool!

To be fair I wasn't at the Nut or skiing anywhere this weekend which absolutely sucked balls. Probably pretty busy.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Made it out to Granite Peak this weekend, not to busy considering it was MLK weekend. Good conditions all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Tomorrow my old friend AxeBiker is coming over from the brainpower state to show us cheeseheads how it’s done. I haven’t skied with him in 5 or 6 years. Great guy, looking forward to it.
    You guys know each other? We gotta hook up.

Quote Originally Posted by bio-smear View Post
    We are not related, but...

Gravity. It's the law.

Chairlift stoke from last night and this morning at ChestnutClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4425.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	128.5 KB 
ID:	401576Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4426.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	157.7 KB 
ID:	401577Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4430.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	194.4 KB 
ID:	401578Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4432.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	200.5 KB 
ID:	401579Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4435.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	163.9 KB 
ID:	401580

heavy which brand/model of nordic did you go with with the integrated skin?

2019/2020 Midwest Stoke Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    Madshus

Bought them at Out There Nordic in Rice Lake WI. Support your local brick & mortar shop. Great experience. He is a former elite level competitor and really knows his shit. He (Bjorn) took all sorts of measurements and did the paper under the camber trick to get the correct flex. So glad I did not buy online.

http://outthereshop.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1642462343.228302.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	911.2 KB 
ID:	401602

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Mount Bohemia conditions

Saw in the forecast they’re supposed to get hit tomorrow night -> Thursday with some snow. Has anyone been there recently?

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Chairlift stoke from last night and this morning at ChestnutClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4425.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	128.5 KB 
ID:	401576Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4426.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	157.7 KB 
ID:	401577Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4430.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	194.4 KB 
ID:	401578Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4432.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	200.5 KB 
ID:	401579Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4435.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	163.9 KB 
ID:	401580

Thanks for the photos!. I had to postpone my Friday plan to ski so wife and I will be there tomorrow, and I was wondering about the coverage .. Looks good..
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyRiley View Post
    Saw in the forecast they’re supposed to get hit tomorrow night -> Thursday with some snow. Has anyone been there recently?
    haven’t been up but planning to this weekend. will report back on the conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    Here's what I'm using, which is very similar in design to what Harry's got (mine don't defy gravity quite like his do however):

https://www.salomon.com/en-us/shop/p...ml#color=46186

So Harry and I met up yesterday morning at Christie Mountain. It snowed all the way there, leaving us with AT LEAST 1/2" of FRESH SCONNIE POW to schralp!! Temps were chilly, but not frigid for once. Harry was as good a guide/ambassador in WI as he was in MT. With every 30 seconds of skiing, we had about 4-5 minutes of chair chat, so it was great to catch up after a few years. Not sure there were many topics we didn't hit... After an "exhausting" 3 hours of absolutely cooking our quads on the long, steep pitches of Christie Mt. (and a clinic put on by yours truly on how to recover in front of a crowd after crashing on a T-Bar), we retired to the parking lot for lunch and a beer. Also, I joined a club FAR more exclusive than the Yellowstone Club...

Name:	66412119190__A3063F50-CA4B-40E9-BF96-E0A6D9D72A0F.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	774.0 KB 
ID:	401623

Then we zipped down the road over to the nordic area for a quick tour, followed up by another little jaunt to Harry's Island! Gotta say, LOTS of potential for his future retirement compound, and he'll never have to have a load of wood brought in from anywhere as long as he is alive!

It was great to re-connect yesterday, and look forward to more escapades in the coming months. Fun day for sure!
    Last edited by axebiker; 01-17-2022 at 07:42 PM.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Axe & I first skied together back when Moonlight was its own separate area, before it got absorbed by Big Sky. In fact, the day I first met Axe was also the first day I met uglymoney (OP of this thread) The three of us skied together that day. What was that, 8-10 years ago ? Man, time goes by so fast. Since then, I’ve met up with axe multiple times over the years. Uglymoney too, but never again the 3 of us together. We need to change that.

Skiing with friends is what it’s all about.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    Thanks for the photos!. I had to postpone my Friday plan to ski so wife and I will be there tomorrow, and I was wondering about the coverage .. Looks good..
    It’s great out there, have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Sorry for delayed response. Not at the Nut this weekend unfortunately. Have fun.

Chestnut was a blast. Lots of fun stuff to poke around in on the sides of runs. A few inches of fresh snow Saturday morning was pretty great before the crowds filled in around lunch time. Nearly exploded when I lipped that little headwall on Mineshaft to flat, but the fresh snow was too enticing to not go for it at full send. Lines got long at times but skating around to the lift underneath Warpath kept it short enough to not be terrible.

Spent a lot of time playing on the side hits of Old Main, which has to be one of the more enjoyable green runs in the Midwest.
    Here's a pic of the grom crew getting comfortable on the blues:
    Name:  IMG_4221.PNG
Views: 366
Size:  289.3 KB

Bad ass GPSRex. Great place for little rippers to cut their teeth and learn to love the sport. Not a mountain that ever gets boring.

Harry and Axe...yes. Been too long.

Been a rough stretch for the uglymoney family. Thank god I worry about everything and made sure our vacation plans were 100 percent refundable.

The covid finally caught us through the vaccinated but in school daughter who barely had a sore throat and kept testing negative on the at home tests but it was probably covid. So we were in covid jail for a bit. That shit never touched me (get boosted bitches) but the boosted but immune compromised wife had a bouncy ride. Thankfully she qualified for expedited rapid PCR testing at the U of I and they got her in immediately after the positive for convalescent antibodies on top of her 3X strong Modernas and she kicked covids ass. All hail the University of Iowa. Fauci let her out of quarantine jail in time to save part of our completely recomposed vacation.

Current status.

Last edited by uglymoney; 01-18-2022 at 06:25 PM.

As newly minted imposter Minnesotans, we rip the fucking flats now.

The 6 year old on her new setup. I might have gone too short on the skis (rossi evo xt 55 jr) but she's in the middle of the weight range for a kid's touring ski per the Rossi site.

She's stoked to start training for biathlon on a lake with no backstops.

Bad ass GPSRex. Great place for little rippers to cut their teeth and learn to love the sport. Not a mountain that ever gets boring.

Harry and Axe...yes. Been too long.

Been a rough stretch for uglymoney family. Thank god I worry about everything and made sure our vacation plans were 100 percent refundable.

The covid finally caught us through the vaccinated but in school daughter who barely had a sore throat and kept testing negative on the at home tests but it was probably covid. So we were in covid jail for a bit. That shit never touched me (get boosted bitches) but the boosted but immune compromised wife had a bouncy ride. Thankfully she qualified for expedited rapid PCR testing at the U of I and they got her in immediately after the positive for convalescent antibodies on top of her 3X strong Modernas and she kicked covids ass. All hail the University of Iowa. Fauci let her out of quarantine jail in time to save part of our completely recomposed vacation.

Current status.

Glad you all made it through relatively unscathed. Extra glad you all get to salvage a vacation and get after it

Been a rough stretch for uglymoney family. Thank god I worry about everything and made sure our vacation plans were 100 percent refundable.

The covid finally caught us through the vaccinated but in school daughter
    Dude that sucks... Been waiting for the other shoe to drop as I have two in school, kindergarten and preschool. Just got the call today that a classmate tested positive.

Dude that sucks... Been waiting for the other shoe to drop as I have two in school, kindergarten and preschool. Just got the call today that a classmate tested positive.
    I think omicron is a different beast. We've been getting those notices all year and our filters and masks and other bullshit kept us safe. Really I am just glad it is over and the wife made it through. Tired of being the only one around taking this shit seriously.

And welcome tenured maggot. I remember you well from back in the day. You made quite an impression back then. Always been an aviation fan and built and flew nitrous powered models as a kid and would have been a pilot if puberty and misdirection hadn't thrown me under the rug.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 01-18-2022 at 10:00 PM.

Uglymoney - glad things worked out in the end for you and the fam. It seems that it's no longer "if", but "when" in terms of catching this shit. I'm vax'd and boosted (boosted 12/15), and it's just me and Mrs Axe here, but we went to a neighbor's house on NYE - about 10 of us in total - and by Monday, they started dropping like flies. They all have kids as well, so I'm guessing that was probably where it started. I finally started feeling some minor symptoms on Wed evening 1/5, tested negative Thursday, and then positive Friday 1/7. Worked from home all last week and this week. Symptoms were pretty mild, and I only felt rough for a day, which is better than the experience I had with the vaccine & booster. My wife miraculously didn't get it - she was the only one of our group of 10 who didn't.

I've got a lingering scratchy throat and dry cough, and a little fatigue, but no biggie. Glad I have it out of the way.

Looks like we're going to forgo the "Small MT Ski Area" tour this year, and just go out to Crested Butte for a week at the beginning of March. Can't wait!
    Gravity. It's the law.

hey thanks, i also recognize and acknowledge your tenure. You used to just be a flyover mag but now you're close enough that we can bond over both dying from the fallout of a dakotas first strike!

... if puberty and misdirection hadn't thrown me under the rug.
    Still battling this daily myself.

Good stuff in this thread again this year. I'll try to add to the stoke. This weekend we'll try to get down to Sundown and Chestnut, I've never skied either state and would like to knock them off the list.

Found this memory cleaning out the ski closet at the start of the season.

Name:	UJEI5462[1].jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	401960

First day the season was at the Troll and burned an Indy day. Thanks for the skis lrn2swim, they're turning nicely.

Name:	IMG_1250.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	401950

Name:	IMG_1251.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	401951

The spaceship at Welch replaced the man eater. We were able to snag the very first chair of it's existence. I'll miss sitting around at the end of the day watching the man eater do it's thing, however, this one is much more comfortable.

Name:  IMG_E1311.JPG
Views: 318
Size:  601.0 KB

Can't afford those $13 burgers and $8.50 beers all the time, so we make do. Starting off with a few easy meals.

Name:	IMG_1316.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	401952

Name:	QQOA2182.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	401961

We can do better than dogs, brats, and burgers. So, let's try some Philly cheese steaks. Even brought au jus in a thermos. FKNA!

Name:	IMG_1381.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	401953

Name:	IMG_1382.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	401954

Some fresh snow at the Village. Skis courtesy of Axe....I get what leftovers I can find.

Name:	IMG_1407.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	401956

Speaking of Axe....live, breathe, ski.

Name:	IMG_E0750[1].jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	806.9 KB 
ID:	401958

If any of you are ever at the Village feel free to stop over and say hello. We always have plenty of food and beverages and we don't bite too hard.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1416.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	401955  

2019/2020 Midwest Stoke Thread

Looks like the days of the Welch Belch live on!! It’s demise has been greatly exaggerated . I am down most Saturday’s with my little one. Would love to hook up with the current “Welch Belch” crew over a parking lot skillet and beer. . I can be spotted as one of the few telewankers on On3P’s no less. Axe knows my digits.
    "Not all who wander are lost"

I’ll be sure to say hello!

^^^That pic isn't me, and I don't know this "Baconstripe" guy...

Whaddup El-Jefe?!? Maybe see ya this Saturday!!
    Gravity. It's the law.