Page 43 of 66 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1626
    Harry's the grizzliest thing in the county...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9453.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	603.6 KB 
ID:	445144

Good to see you again, my friend!

(And please wash to Glory Hole leftovers off that nice jacket!!)
    Gravity. It's the law.

As Ugly$ mentioned, Chestnut was great this weekend. Every time I ride there, it's so much fun for a small midwest hill. Plenty of side hits, especially on the left of Apache. Some fun gnar to turn into right underneath chair 3 on the right of the headwall, with a baby wind lip after. Terrain park has hits as big as you want. Runs that are steep enough to have to concentrate in the chop/ice if its open enough to ski hard on Warpath and Crazy Horse.

Our crew got in on Thursday night and by Friday morning we had ~2" fresh and it started snowing more through the morning. Felt like skiing in the mountains for a few hours.

Name:	unnamed.jpg 
Views:	551 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	445235
    Conditions on Friday were perfect for charging after the snow stopped. Packed snow was still soft and there was enough new fresh to slash around on in the tree edges. Kids stayed mostly on Chair 2 and worked on carrying speed and managing fresh snow. Got them over to Crazy Horse for a run, but were happy lapping Black Hawk/Fever & Bobcat/Moser/Fox.

Name:	flex.jpg 
Views:	539 
Size:	971.2 KB 
ID:	445241

Friday night the highschoolers came in and scraped everything off and the temp dropped about 15degrees. This set up a challenging day for the kids on Saturday, mostly in learning to check their speed with all the additional new snow, but more ice/scrape occurring throughout the day. Had a couple epic wipeouts with all 3 kids on Saturday night when we went back out as it was super-fast by that time. Escaped without injuries, just some tears and pulling kids out of side-brush.
    Here's me and the wife getting a rare chair lift ride up on our own.
    Name:  chair.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  194.2 KB
    Sunday was an early departure as the kid was spent from the partying of skiing all day, pool sessions, copious sugar consumption, and staying up way past normal bedtime. I wrecked pretty hard in the terrain park Saturday night trying to remember what a 540 felt like, so was happy to pack it in early too.

Name:	image_50406145.jpg 
Views:	532 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	445242

Bummed to miss out riding with Ugly, but it was hard wrangling all the kids during the day and another friend and his kid happened to be there too, so I was helping them as they just started skiing 2 seasons ago. Definitely will make it out there again and will make sure we can actually lap a few runs and grab a beer. Appreciate all the communication in trying to meet up.

Ha!

Awesome TR GPSrex. I didn't know you were up there Friday also. The buses were from Clinton school district and in such numbers they became a thing of legend.

That was a weird micro warmup Friday afternoon leading into the cold. Definitely flipped the switch on the snowpack.

Looking at the pics I don't remember seeing you at all. Wierd. Definitely had my eyes peeled for those sweet J ski graphics.

Saturday afternoon definitely did feel like big mountain resort skiing. Had to dial it back and work your way down.

Sunday was sublime and my legs were firing. One of the best days I can remember in a long time.

We'll be at Devils Head this next weekend for the WIJARA race moved from host Cascade Race Team's excellent facilities due to some weird post covid knuckleheaded politics I don't fully understand. Chestnut team is staying at the way past prime on slope DH hotel. Last time I skied straight south facing Devils Head was 30 plus years back. I see slushy beer stained snow in my near future. Mini TR to follow.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 01-30-2023 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Were those taken on Harry’s island?
    In a fair response to mustonen, pic 2 does look quite a bit like my island. So I can understand his confusion.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Do you have bison on your island in addition to the black bears?
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    In a fair response to mustonen, pic 2 does look quite a bit like my island. So I can understand his confusion.

Now I’m wondering what in the hell ever happened to my unused Change stickers.

It was a joke, to be clear. I’ve lived within a couple hundred miles northeast of this famed isle of wonder for most of my life and am well acquainted with our local fauna.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    Harry's the grizzliest thing in the county...

Name:	IMG_9453.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	603.6 KB 
ID:	445144

Good to see you again, my friend!

(And please wash to Glory Hole leftovers off that nice jacket!!)
    What my buddy Axe is jibber-jabbering about is that white crusty substance all over the front of my mega-steezy Freeride Systems jacket, a result of eating Vanilla Bean yogurt for lunch. Axe immediately accused me of taking a wide stance in Trollhaugen’s men’s room.

If I remember correctly there are some specific instructions for cleaning Freeride Systems jackets. Maybe MiCol can drop in and help a brother out.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

ERA Plus - cuz protein gets out protein...
    Gravity. It's the law.

midwest is legit !

Boutique skis.....check !
    pow....check !
    maggots.....check !
    freeride systems....check !
    grizz.....check !
    island compounds....check!

mayb i set up a bugout up there .....montana & co. got too many mistle silos and is all a red coud on fema strike and fallout zones.... not to mention yellowstone is surely bout to blow and costner bringing in issues

mayor get (edit) Public Health to power wash that jkt...
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

I just use Nikwax tech wash on my FRS softshell. Still comes out looking like new and keeps it beady on wet days. MiCol might or might not approve but it works for me.

Breaking the sound barrier past the slow zone sign on the flats of Old Main last night preparing for Devils Head's flatness.

Name:	VideoCapture_20230201-104909.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	480.3 KB 
ID:	445531

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Been nipply here lately. Saw -33°F a few mornings ago. -26 this AM. If I wait until midday I can get out for a ghay ski. Unclipped to pose for this in hip-deep wind deposit.

The next generation of gaper is upon us and they insist on having poles. An hour later they wanted me to take the poles, so the plan worked. This was a few weekends ago. Now we all have the flu and life fucking sucks and no one is sleeping.

Mrs. Smear demonstrating some angulation on the nastiest blues at Giant's Ridge.

Giants Ridge looks like a real treasure. Can't believe I never visited when I lived in Minnesota. Good pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Giants Ridge looks like a real treasure. Can't believe I never visited when I lived in Minnesota. Good pictures.

I need to get up there again - it's been over 20 years.
    Gravity. It's the law.

I wonder if I still have them, but I used to collect pins from all the ski resorts around there. Wild MT was my home, but Welch, Trollhaugen, Giants Ridge, Afton Alps.

I treasured them.

I saw some cool trollhaugen t-shirts on their website. I might have to order one.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I saw some cool trollhaugen t-shirts on their website. I might have to order one.

Name:	Image1675397506.548561.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	445888

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

That's them! Kinda cool.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    That's them! Kinda cool.
    My steezy flat brim.

Name:	Image1675427267.124044.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	445913

Today in MN was fucking off the hook nice. We made it up to 20°F for about an hour so the oldest midget and I went out for some XC on the lake. We're all recovering from some flu shit so it was mellow. Gonna try to hit the Ridge tomorrow.

A buddy from further north dropped in to say hi. I made him a cup of tea and then he scooted on out.

Name:	jeremy - walk to cub-1.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	731.4 KB 
ID:	446187

Quote Originally Posted by bio-smear View Post

A buddy from further north dropped in to say hi. I made him a cup of tea and then he scooted on out.

Name:	jeremy - walk to cub-1.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	731.4 KB 
ID:	446187
    Awesome pic.

All ya need is a woodchipper
    And some ice fishing.

Ran up to Paul Bunyan a few Wednesdays ago after school with the kids. Hard to get many laps in but the kids enjoyed the show.

Been running up to Brule to use up our pre-passes most Sundays, but I keep forgetting to take decent pics. Snow has been really good, hoping it stays cold enough in the UP that they don't get this shit weather moving in.

#2 has gone from fairly timid to moderately horrifying this year. Saturday was no exception. Had 3 pretty big spills, hoping she learns pretty quick that you can ski fast but you need to know when and where before she ends up in a cast. #1 is just a blast to ski with now. Loves to go fast but he's always in control and really does well in bumps and tight trees. Looks to jump off everything possible, wonder where he gets that from...

Other than thinking #2 was going to be in the patrol sled a few times it was fricken awesome. Sweet picnic spot in the lot and the venison dogs we just got back are probably the best hotdogs great snow, great weather. Got my mom out with us too, she hasn't been able to ski a ton since her and my dad split. If you ski there, stop and get a beer at the old logging lodge on the backside.

I'll be at Granite solo Wednesday night if anybody is around

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    All ya need is a woodchipper
    And some ice fishing.
    is this a Fargo reference? I have a wood splitter but no chipper. Would take a long time to get rid of a body.

Quote Originally Posted by lake_effect View Post
    This is fuckin awesome.

Anyone holding a Mt Bohemia season pass this year and want to join a long weekend in the UP? I have a friend in Wassau, WI and we are planning to get up therefor a few days. PM me to discuss details.
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

My steezy flat brim.

Name:	Image1675427267.124044.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	445913

That’s dope. And I need it. Maybe I can just call them someday and buy over the phone.