Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    My folks patrolled at B.P. and Snowcrest, so they put me on skis at 2. Here's a video St. Croix National G.C. put out:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JOiggc...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by FLYBOYMATTHEW View Post
    My folks patrolled at B.P. and Snowcrest, so they put me on skis at 2. Here's a video St. Croix National G.C. put out:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JOiggc...ature=youtu.be
    Came here to post that news. Facebook group is tracking it as well..
    I skied Birch Park / Snowcrest!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Chestnut today was great. Friday was pretty firm but with great snow making weather all weekend this morning was hero snow in between man made cream. Warpath and the far side should be open next weekend.

Also fuck you Tapatalk. They keep making the app worse if you don't pay so sideways pictures. Whatevers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sleeper Sunday.

Last edited by uglymoney; 12-22-2019 at 05:41 PM.

Spring skiing in December at the head of the lakes. 35f and sunny, and not crowded at all.
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

Ripped up mad river with a crew of 20 last weekend and headed to seven springs tomorrow for some xmas shredding

Sent from my SM-G973U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by japanada View Post
    Ripped up mad river with a crew of 20 last weekend and headed to seven springs tomorrow for some xmas shredding

Sent from my SM-G973U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Was up at MRM last weekend and was fantastic spring like ski conditions.... Pretty rare when you get 3 days straight of sun in OH...!

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Heading up to Bohemia this weekend. Anyone been up yet this season?

Looks like you have good timing, snow hitting on Saturday. Let us know how it goes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2291.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	311593

Name:	IMG_2292.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	955.9 KB 
ID:	311599

Name:	IMG_2293.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	311600
    Snowed all day Saturday 8-10 inches. Good coverage everywhere. Knee deep in spots but mostly shin deep. Busy in the morning but lift lines werent too bad. Late crowds caused 20-30 minute lines after lunch. Couldnt tell there was that many people when off the lift though. Skied some new-to-me Obsetheds from my cousin. I love getting his hand-me-downs even at 40. lol

Name:	IMG_2296.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	962.2 KB 
ID:	311601

Name:	IMG_2297.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	311602

Name:	IMG_2298.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	311594

Name:	IMG_2300.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	311603

Name:	IMG_2302.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	311604
    Bluebird on Sunday with an extra 4 inches and the frontside nicely filled in from the wind on Saturday night. It was tracked out early but it was soft everywhere all day. Had an awesome weekend!

Marquette has made a huge leap forward in the last couple of weeks. Last few mornings have been bananas.

Special thanks to SkiJ for the moral and legal support and lending the camera.
    Last edited by ill-advised strategy; 02-06-2020 at 09:17 PM. Reason: better video edit

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    crowds caused 20-30 minute lines
    Ugh... fuck that.

Has anybody been to Cascade in Wisconsin this year and have a review?

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Marquette has made a huge leap forward in the last couple of weeks. Last few mornings have been bananas.

Finally got around to watching this. Nice edit. Looks good up there this year in yooperville. Cool little glade you guys have.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Finally got around to watching this. Nice edit. Looks good up there this year in yooperville. Cool little glade you guys have.
    Nice work through the trees. I'll be up at Whitecap in two weeks. Unbelievably, they are running a head-to-head glade race, single elimination style. Calling it "Glades of Glory." Apparently they have at least a couple solid skiers lined up. I'm interested to see who comes out of the Wisconsin woodwork for this, as usually the skiing is fairly mellow there.

Mad town mag alert. I'll be at the Jr ski race at Cascade this weekend with pockets full of micky ultra minis. Come out, hit me up.

Sweet!

I skied Bohemia yesterday. Snow was great and softened up as the day went on.

Happy for you, big fellah. Good to see you getting out.
    Looks fun
    crab in my shoe mouth

Had a great time up at Cascade last weekend. The snow was really good, Superbowl Sunday was without crowds. Saturday was a different story. Good skiing in the morning but by later in the day we took a few laps here and there but the lift lines were not worth it even though they actually had all the lifts running this year. We don't really have to deal with stupid lift lines at Chestnut. I do appreciate the amount of runs at Cascade though and the infrastructure improvements. Fun to move around a bit. Upper 40's Sunday though...wtf. The weather just keeps with the roller coaster.

A few pictures of my girl racing in U12 as a bump up 9 year old (too many wins in u10). Ainsley Proffit of the US Ski Team D team showed up. She skied in our little midwest league for a couple of years before moving on. Pretty cool to watch her ski as a forerunner and we managed a picture with her and my girl/her friend. Not exactly world famous but I have followed her for a couple three years since she is from St. Louis and has the WIJARA connection so we were super stoked she showed up.

Sage managed all top tens with a best 5th place in Slalom. 38 U12 girls in division this weekend.

Name:	20200202-IMG_2076.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	314060

Name:	20200201-IMG_1976.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	314062

Name:	20200202-IMG_2072.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	314061

Name:	20200202-IMG_2014.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	314063
    Last edited by uglymoney; 02-05-2020 at 10:05 AM.

Nuking in NE WI!!!! Too bad it's pretty only a 20 mile radius storm.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Skied Chestnut this morning and yesterday. For the first time in forever went all of January without going there...weather partially to blame as any Sun or Mon with 4"+ expected I try to get there. Prior to today it has barely snowed.

Yesterday was about as good of weather as a skier can ask for, 29 degrees sunny and no wind. Snow quality was great, I say it often but always impressed with their ability to make fake snow feel real. At least compared to most places in WI where ice is the keyword.

We stayed overnight expecting to wake up to 2-3" but not even a dusting. Then around 9am it started and by noon it was basically whiteout. But not the good powdery kind, it was wet and heavy and hard to see with so much sticking to goggles, etc. We made it for awhile before having to head out. Another great weekend at Chestnut.

Will be back there next weekend (Sun/Mon), early forecast shows some snow chances. At least the GFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Bum View Post
    Skied Chestnut this morning and yesterday. For the first time in forever went all of January without going there...weather partially to blame as any Sun or Mon with 4"+ expected I try to get there. Prior to today it has barely snowed.

Yesterday was about as good of weather as a skier can ask for, 29 degrees sunny and no wind. Snow quality was great, I say it often but always impressed with their ability to make fake snow feel real. At least compared to most places in WI where ice is the keyword.

We stayed overnight expecting to wake up to 2-3" but not even a dusting. Then around 9am it started and by noon it was basically whiteout. But not the good powdery kind, it was wet and heavy and hard to see with so much sticking to goggles, etc. We made it for awhile before having to head out. Another great weekend at Chestnut.

Will be back there next weekend (Sun/Mon), early forecast shows some snow chances. At least the GFS.
    Look me up Sunday am. We were over at Sundown this past weekend for a race. The snow on Sunday was fun!

Mt. LaCrosse pow day

Got out to ski Mt. La Crosse yesterday on 10” of fresh snow! Best day of skiing I’ve had in a while. After things got skied out, made me wish I had something wider than my 90mm waist Kendo’s. Now to convince my wife that I need a second pair of skis...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9C5A8DB3-BA5C-4C83-9103-6D0C50CFD078.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	511.7 KB 
ID:	315032   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DD551A01-A387-4B23-B11A-1968613EAD44.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	448.1 KB 
ID:	315033  

This was covered in saplings.
    Original thought was to snip them all. Called an audible and started shaping a slalom course.
    Totally stoked with how it turned out.

Name:	17C123E2-AA99-49F4-B7EE-70609C4BED4F.jpeg 
Views:	122 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	315386

^ Hell yea