2020 Fischer Hannibal 106. What it is?

Who knows what? I am full hard on for 105-110mm skis that are 1500-1600g. There seems to be a few core competitors:

Atomic Backland 107

Blizzard ZeroG 105

Fischer Hannibal 106

DPS T1 112

I know plenty about all of these skis except the Hannibal. Heard lots of good things about the 90s and 100s of a few years ago. But the interwebz is pretty devoid of Hannibal 106 beta.

No direct experience with the 106, but I've been touring on the older 100 for a few years as my light/spring/volcano ski. In my opinion, the Hannibal is a great steep ski because it doesn't have a huge amount of sidecut, but that shape and the traditional mount point isn't conducive to being very playful or interesting in soft snow. 106 seems to have a pretty similar shape/profile to the OG 100.

IMO, this ski makes more sense in the 90-100 mm category than the 106 for that reason. I'd probably be looking at the Backland in that category, depending on what you are gonna use it for.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward_Banana View Post
    IMO, this ski makes more sense in the 90-100 mm category than the 106 for that reason. I'd probably be looking at the Backland in that category, depending on what you are gonna use it for.

Yeah, I have a host of hard snow/edgy touring skis (BMT 90s, Vwerks Mantras) and light noodling pow skis (Vapor nanos). I am hoping to find a light and wide powder touring ski. It will predominantly be for western trips to Alaska.

I've heard great things about BL 107. I know the ZeroG 105 will be great, but I really want to be as close to 110mm as possible. The DPS would be my #1 powder choice but I feel like I may be losing some of the versatility of the Atomic/Blizz skis when shit ain't as deep as ya planned.

I've skied the Atomic and the Blizzard. There's not a lot written about the Fischer. Closest I've come to one was a friend who guides on the 96 and wrote this up

https://sawback.com/articles/gear-re...nibal-96-skis/. Its not what you ask but I suppose it can speak to construction/longevity etc as he's had quite a few days on them

Thanks Lee,

Yeah I am well versed in the previous Hannibals. Kinda under hyped but those who skied them loved them for their mtneering edginess more than their surfy playful feeling. I guess seeing that they decide to up to a 106 and they seem to keep the weight lower than their big company brethren for the surface area I was wondering if people actually got to powder ski on them during demo/pre production times last year and if they got any more playful.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    I've skied the Atomic and the Blizzard. There's not a lot written about the Fischer. Closest I've come to one was a friend who guides on the 96 and wrote this up

https://sawback.com/articles/gear-re...nibal-96-skis/. Its not what you ask but I suppose it can speak to construction/longevity etc as he's had quite a few days on them

Line Vision 108 not on the list? Too progressive of a mount point?

https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...ine-vision-108

I was wondering what the new Ferox chimed in as, and nevermind as it's heavier at 1800g per ski. So this is a shitpost... but I'm kindof hypnotized by the little videos they inserted to possibly show the ski's flex. Or how bouncy it'll be when you air on to the cat track?

https://www.black-crows.com/na/us_en...erox-freebird/

Never loved Lines. Though it has been a LONG time since I have skied them and this is clearly not what I had skied before. I still would tend to a directional powder/big Mtn shape compared with this more progressive backcountry jib shape.

Quote Originally Posted by DGamms View Post
    Line Vision 108 not on the list? Too progressive of a mount point?

https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...ine-vision-108

Corvus freebird?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

2020 Fischer Hannibal 106. What it is?

Voile makes some great, light skis. How about the new hyper charger? 108mm and 1500g in a 108. I borrowed the v8 and skied it for a couple days - a bit wider than you are looking for, but it handled everything from steep pow and tight jump turns to bullet proof very well for a ski in the ~115mm class.

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Corvus freebird?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Very good option, although little bit heavier. I have had for one season and it has become pretty much only ski I use when touring. Just works so well from powder to ice.

Lähetetty minun FIG-LX1 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Everyone in AK ski DPS. The state even gives us money to buy them. I ski the Hannibal 100. Nothing special i would rather be skiing dynafit denali

I mounted my 96s forward and find them to be such a fun playful ski with a flat tail. I actually haven't found their relative speed limit yet..... I swear I don't ski like a texan either.
    Thinking about the 106 to fill in between these and rengades to round out the touring quiver just because camber is nice and little rocker in the tail would make them better in bad 3d snow.

On a pair of 185 Hannibal 106’s.
    They come in a tick over 1700g.
    Early rise and stout flex. Since skiing these I have not grabbed another pair of my skis other than on a 20” + day. These thing float quite well with my 205 lbs. This is the first light bc ski that I can push, push and push.
    These things feel light on the way up and so far in pow to 15-18 inches, firm crusts and slush, these ski predictable and fast. Quick turning but can also rail some big radius turns.
    Lighter skiers may not get as much out of them as they take a bit to bend.

These are now my go to and I just dumped my volcano/spring/summer skis ( zero g 95). Unless There is more than 15” of pow, I will be on these everyday out. Fischer made a fucking sick pair of bc sticks.
    If they made this layup in the ranger 115/116 width, fuck me, I would be stoked.

Have these mounted with ATK FR16’s