Atomic Backland 117 193cm Mount Point Help

I need to remount bindings on a new to me pair of Atomic Backland 117 193cm.

I'm a seasoned east-coast skier (ie weight forward edge carving) living in pow land now.
    I'm 6'6", 220 pounds in a 30.5 boot.

I have no experience with these skies so asking for suggestions on mounting point.

Go!

Delete this and repost in the Bullfighting forum.

I have a pair of Atomic automatic 117s at 194cm. Pretty much the same ski you have but older.
    I started mine at +2cm and rode them for a season that way. I felt like they didn't quite feel right in ways I can't explain. I also never once found myself riding switch in them. at least on purpose...
    I went and remounted them at the line. I like them much better... the turns feel a bit more intuitive... not fighting against the flex of the ski or the sidecut maybe?

In Summary: blurple.

tech talk JONG

btw I have this ski in a 186cm and I mounted +3 from center line. Mine are the first year they launched them, not sure if they changed the mount point. I think mine is like -6 or -7 behind center. I hated how they skied on the line.

I have the Automatics at 186 and like them on the line.

I was going to get the Backlands but I hear they make you go crazy and post technical questions in the wrong forum
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Here's where you figure out where to mount your 193 Atomic Backlands.

Check out this handy link as well
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...HE-RIGHT-PLACE

Thanks for the feedback on the mount point.

Guess, I've learned a posting lesson ... maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by niknoid View Post
    I need to remount bindings on a new to me pair of Atomic Backland 117 193cm.

I'm a seasoned east-coast skier (ie weight forward edge carving) living in pow land now.
    I'm 6'6", 220 pounds in a 30.5 boot.

I have no experience with these skies so asking for suggestions on mounting point.

Go!
    Mount position is a personal preference. We don't know you.

I am 6' 2", 220lbs, tried many positions on 186cm Automatic 117 using a demo binding (and Automatic 117 is similar to Backland 117). The 186cm is too small for me, but my fave position is -0.35cm from manufacturer's line, which is exactly -11.0cm from true center. I never tried the 193cm, but when I get one, then I will follow steps similar to the steps below:

1. Read one guy's preference on 186cm at https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...omic-automatic
    2. Read that same guy's prefs on 193cm at https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...utomatic-193cm
    3. Compare your personal traits (body size, etc, etc, etc) to that same guy's traits (read about him on that website).
    4. Keep in mind your traits of "east-coast", "weight forward", "living in pow" might mean you want even longer tip in front of your boot.
    5. Do your own interpolation/extrapolation from those data points to make an educated guess.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy