Page 30 of 89 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    [QUOTE=Djongo Unchained;5878665]Some shots:
    After coming up the gondy and hotboxing, this dude plops down his monoski. It was a real buzzkill. Then the little ripper and the sit skier behind/with him go scooting by. There, in my despair, the awesomeness of skiing shone through.
    Attachment 312997

No love for the mono? Bummer. (That fuckin jacket tho, wtf?)

Sent from my SM-G920V using TGR Forums mobile app

[QUOTE=jaja111;5883139]
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Some shots:
    After coming up the gondy and hotboxing, this dude plops down his monoski. It was a real buzzkill. Then the little ripper and the sit skier behind/with him go scooting by. There, in my despair, the awesomeness of skiing shone through.
    Attachment 312997

No love for the mono? Bummer. (That fuckin jacket tho, wtf?)

Actually the jacket was the first thing to set me off. Covered in a wild African animal print. AAAck.
    Then he tosses the board down at full smackdown level. I'm just lookin' at him... then the kid pushes by and the sitskier passes them both.

No. No love for the monoski.

Just looks and sounds like a guy having a good time to me. Monoskiing is such a niche thing that it's never a true gaper doing it, it's someone with a sense of humor.

But judge on.

Around the turn of the century when I lived in Jackson there was a guy that would ski on a mono board, rocked a red or pink-ish one piece and had a back pack with a baby doll hanging in the back. At first glance it looked like a real baby.

And btw, those Triple A shots made me really miss it up there. Horseshoe to Triple A was my most favorite north side tour.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Just looks and sounds like a guy having a good time to me. Monoskiing is such a niche thing that it's never a true gaper doing it, it's someone with a sense of humor.

But judge on.
    IME monoskiers are ALWAYS gapers.

YMMV, of course.

There are a few monoskiers around Tahoe who are absolute shredders, FWIW. I remember a day about 15 years ago at Squaw when I saw this guy killing it on a mono... then noticed he had a Redbull helmet. Heh, I think you can guess who it was.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    IME monoskiers are ALWAYS gapers.

YMMV, of course.
    Exactly the same mileage, huh.

It takes skillz, no doubt. nevertheless.

~~~~~~~~~`
    Oh for fuck's sake, you should hear his detailed story of AAA. It's hilarious, solo-impressive and a lil' sketch, all wrapped up in one line. Notice his are the only tracks...
    Guided in by XXXtine and 2BJenny -
    Eggzelent ID btw.

~~~~~~~~~`
    Oh for fuck's sake, you should hear his detailed story of AAA. It's hilarious, solo-impressive and a lil' sketch, all wrapped up in one line. Notice his are the only tracks...
    Eggzelent ID btw.
    I’m headed over now to hear this AAA story god that was lucky and idk what else

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

~~~~~~~~~`
    Eggzelent ID btw.
    Not solo?!!

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    Around the turn of the century when I lived in Jackson there was a guy that would ski on a mono board, rocked a red or pink-ish one piece and had a back pack with a baby doll hanging in the back. At first glance it looked like a real baby.

And btw, those Triple A shots made me really miss it up there. Horseshoe to Triple A was my most favorite north side tour.
    That was Turbo. He lived in Telluride.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Mantana1 View Post
    I found a pole in lower turkey chute on sunday. let me know the brand/color and i'll try to get it back to you. i'm in driggs. coming out avalanche canyon with 3 poles was a little weird but certainly easier than whomever did it with a single..
    The pole probably belongs to the skier that was slid in there a week or two ago. Some friends were coming out of avalanche canyon that day and came across a group with one skier who had no poles. Also I'm the skier that ran into your group as you were transitioning to head across the lake on Sunday, small world.
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    What ever happened to him? I had a couple of good days with him.

~~~~~~~~~`
    Eggzelent ID btw.
    We just pointed him in the direction of the hike up the headwall, the rest he did all on his own.

[QUOTE=Djongo Unchained;5883483]
    Quote Originally Posted by jaja111 View Post

Actually the jacket was the first thing to set me off. Covered in a wild African animal print. AAAck.
    Then he tosses the board down at full smackdown level. I'm just lookin' at him... then the kid pushes by and the sitskier passes them both.

No. No love for the monoski.
    I don't have the jacket and try not to make loud noises with it, but I'll try to stay under the radar the last (mid)week of Feb. Wouldn't want another mono fuckin up the good vibes.

I'll buy a funny spiky hat, wear a harness, bring an ice axe and wear an Ikontshirt with my instagram name on the back on Apres Vous all day.

^^^^^
    Nah, don't let that business get ya. You come on and do your thang, no negs.

I'm quiet by nature so he was figuratively screaming at me. I don't let that stuff bug me, just burnished the edge off of my fresh buzz was all.

Takes all of 4 seconds to be a million miles away.
    ~`~~~~~~

Knocked out a handful of cold snow laps today with SVS. It always seems to be a good time turning with him. Happy to be rolling them out.

Skiing is pretty good but still a bit firm. We're kinda getting snow like most other places nearby. Enough for good turns, but wanting more, sooner. And crusts are all around of varying gnarliness.

I remember I think it was '89, Blizzard of Aahhhs had come out, Plake was blowing up. He was here doing promo and maybe filming some License to Thrill shit, took his mono on the Tram, had Coombs with him, on a mono too - pretty sure it was Doug's first time, Plake giving him some tips on the way up. we were curious how he'd do. they take off down the bowl and of course Coombs kills it. of course. RIP

don't wan to jinx it but this afternoons rpk forecast looks nice :

By 6 AM Thursday morning, expect another 5 to 9 inches of
    snow in the mountains and 2 to 4 inches in the valleys. Then
    Thursday through Friday we can expected another 12 to 21 inches
    of snow to fall Thursday through Thursday night and into Friday
    would only need 6-12 of that to fall to remove just about all traces of the crust and windslab, taggart area GTNP <10k at least.

I wanna say The Plake shoot was in 90-91; I worked on the box and he was on and around the dock a lot for a few days.

Didn't he get in a scuffle and have to do a few clinics for the kids as punishment? In that basement bar, whatchamajigger...

That dude is a veritable juggernaut on snow.

~~~~~~~~~~~
    Did one of youse mention rolling a black pack w/a steal your face on it? Might've talked witcha a week or so ago.

Did an hour on the stationary trainer, first time I have worked up a sweat in two months...it felt SO good.
    I’ll be back!

Did an hour on the stationary trainer, first time I have worked up a sweat in two months...it felt SO good.
    I’ll be back!
    Love it!
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Turbo was a crested butte regular when I lived there 95-97.

Yup, I think you are right, I just saw him a lot when I lived in t-ride.

Hope to be down in the Hole early next week for a couple of days.

Turn in your vouchers.

Looking forwards to some more laps with ya DJ. And some more ski tuning seshes too !

I’ll be back!
    yeah rideit!

also bummed to miss the sunday meet up. husband and I hadnt had many days off together this winter and we chose to veg on sunday with the snow conditions
    psyched to get a couple laps Sat with SVS though- always a positive happy skier. butt bee careful my friend
    bummed to miss a 2bjenny jackson ski on sunday too. so few of us lady skiers that I should have rallied just for that. hopefully later this season
    haven't bumped into xtine yet this yr but look fwd to it as well
    Last edited by babybear; 02-05-2020 at 08:59 AM.
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Will soon be making a powder pilgrimage to the ol' Jackson Hole.
    Skiing from 2/17-2/22.

Djongo, I'm looking at you!

Last year was good fun; Looking forward to more excellent turns and checking our safety needs.
    I'll be getting back from AAI @ Alpental the day before.

Ski ya soon!