Page 37 of 89 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    <snip>
    I'll be avoiding the resort though, given the referenced prez weekend drama.
    I'd be flexible on this, if I were you - it's an Ikon blackout weekend, so perhaps will be quiet-ish?

I might throw my alpine stuff in the car just in case but probably won't pay the $150 or whatever a lift ticket is going for these days. I've always wanted to check out the skiing in the park, I've only skied the pass up there.

Weekend is shaping up nicely. Forecast snowfall keeps increasing, better not be jinxing it: https://www.mountainweather.com/jack...hole-forecast/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200212_114747.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	785.7 KB 
ID:	315614

#noplacefamous

Quote Originally Posted by gtid View Post
    Weekend is shaping up nicely. Forecast snowfall keeps increasing, better not be jinxing it: https://www.mountainweather.com/jack...hole-forecast/
    Shush, don’t jinx us, joking lol

But seriously, does the forecast change what you are going to do? Maybe only which skis you will grab in the morning? I stopped stressing and only seriously check apple’s weather app, and the report in the morning. If someone’s coming to visit I will take a look at J2Ski.com’s long term forecast or the Norther Pacific Ocean surface forecast, but then I get stressed so I forget it all over again.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    I might throw my alpine stuff in the car just in case but probably won't pay the $150 or whatever a lift ticket is going for these days. I've always wanted to check out the skiing in the park, I've only skied the pass up there.
    I'm off this weekend and will likely be touring around the pass if interested. Will shoot ya a text.

Dfinn - shoot me a msg or call when you get here. if you need a voucher or two lemme know. Not skiing much do to a bum knee but I’m in for a round or two of drinks.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Shush, don’t jinx us, joking lol

But seriously, does the forecast change what you are going to do? Maybe only which skis you will grab in the morning? I stopped stressing and only seriously check apple’s weather app, and the report in the morning. If someone’s coming to visit I will take a look at J2Ski.com’s long term forecast or the Norther Pacific Ocean surface forecast, but then I get stressed so I forget it all over again.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Actually we are on the same page, forecast helps me decide which skis and where we are going that's about it. If it snows two feet, no sense going out for an epic tour when the goods will be close at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    I'm off this weekend and will likely be touring around the pass if interested. Will shoot ya a text.
    Yup, let's do it! Just booked a place, will be there Saturday around lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Dfinn - shoot me a msg or call when you get here. if you need a voucher or two lemme know. Not skiing much do to a bum knee but I’m in for a round or two of drinks.
    Will do, would be great to grab a beer.

I wanna believe sunday is gonna be a Blizzard in the mountains. Likely deepening at all elevations. Monday morn will be sickness.

The forecast is more for peeps coming in and all the mags worldwide, jus' wondering. Not for locals; between Woody and the riverton NWS fcst discussions, I decide where to go based on snowfall rate, direction, windage and temps.
    I ski big days for quality, more than quantity anymore. Alas, a combination of many deep powder days and my woffer-thin patience in liftlines...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Skiing is really good right now, groomers are excellent, off piste is excellent and the OB is, well, excellent. And snow incoming for the weekend.

It's been a very satisfying season insofar as snowfall and available terrain openings.
    Hell, I don't think anythings closed except for maybe Sands&Simms coolie.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Had quite a good time turning and burning, tuning and partying with ski220, a Connecticut mag. Thanks, P.; be safe and ski ya next year.

The basement of the Moose was always the Rocky mountain oyster; The Bear Claw, then it became the Village café -VC was always in the 7 levels/crystal springs building. It had the dirt alleyway there beside it for decades. Right beside the tram building. Once the Sodbuster was changed at the RMO, their fate was sealed.

Waxing skis with Skeeze later. I said after 5 days at Big Sky, odds are good they're dry...My boards otoh, are slicker than goose scheisse.
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 02-13-2020 at 04:17 PM. Reason: 420; time to go...

Yeah I have a few vouchers as well.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by gtid View Post
    I left. Should dump like stink. Enjoy the deepness for me.

But while I was there.... skied incredible deep OB powder lines, ripped fast soft groomers and paid a few huts a visit with DJ and friends. (Thanks for waiting at the bottom. Stay safe and heal well my friend.

Name:	20200212_113542.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	315665

Kings and Queens was a cool added bonus.

DJ so right about sodbuster
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

I cooked a lot of sodbusters back in the day
    cooked myself (a special) one every night for my employee meal, never ever ever got sick of them. memories. I'm hungry now.

Rolling in on Sunday.
    Into the belly of the beast!

In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Inbound tomorrow, arriving in the evening. Gonna be in town through 2/22. Monday looking so good for the resort...

dfinn - how long are you in town? Will be getting out for some touring a few days in the pass and/or park.

Djongo- I picked up your skis from LVS today at Alpental and they are in the car. Beast skis, heavy as shyte.

How's Targhee looking for Valentines? Forecast is saying freezing fog and - 5* windchill. Not sure if you locals know better than what the NOAA says. Trying to decide whether it's worth taking my kids out from Rexburg.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    dfinn - how long are you in town? Will be getting out for some touring a few days in the pass and/or park.
    Just the weekend, headed back Monday after skiing.

Yes!!

Mags rolling in from some big outposts: Dfinn representing the Wasatch, TFT for the Cascades, and Pfluffenmeister for the Front rangers. Looking forward to some really fun days ahead my friends. Any of you need anything just yell. TFT you need a lift from the aeropuerto?

~~~~~~~~~~
    I think i'ma gonna rename the Kemmerer run, the Sodbuster.

Flurries just began...

Sodbusters -- holy shit those things were messy. But I loved 'em.

I’d love to take down a sodbuster right now!

Seems like a lotta people headed this way. We should have a meet up after skiing sat or sun.

Seems like a lotta people headed this way. We should have a meet up after skiing sat or sun.
    Count the Mrs and myself in for an apres meetup. Name the place and we will be there! Walking for turns sat and sun but we can swing by the village afterwards if that’s the meetup point, but anywhere is good by me.

Djongo - thanks for the offer but we’re driving. Car loaded to the max. 7 pairs of skis in the roof box including yours, and the pup in the back.

Name:	IMG_5423.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	187.4 KB 
ID:	315811

Jackson Hole 2019-2020 - &amp; The 'Ghee, The King, Kelly Canyon, Pebble Creek

High quality turns off the tram this afternoon everywhere from the Bowl to Alta Chutes to Wally World. Managed to catch same tram 5 times in a row after lunch so that can give you an idea of what crowds were like.

Also got to meet Djongo—great guy and an excellent ambassador to the area.

What was in the sodbuster? I don't remember.

Pebbs to lava is safe and skiing well. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200214_112717.jpeg 
Views:	126 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	315824Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200214_114605.jpeg 
Views:	124 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	315825Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200214_140042.jpeg 
Views:	108 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	315826Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200214_151243.jpeg 
Views:	101 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	315827
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?