Page 8 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Had to suck it up and take the 2 foot drop onto flat and then lay down beneath the chair going over me.
    Unreal that happened to you on your first day. JFC.

But congrats on getting back on the slopes man. Enjoy!

Getting the lunch pass Thursday for a few laps maybe starting at eleven in case anyone wants to meet up
    Last edited by kokomas; 12-03-2019 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Time change
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Happy to be inbound on Friday for the winter and heading to my happy place.

Before throwing them up on the gearswap, any locals interested in a pair of minty Kusala and/or Lhasa Pow's? Both pairs are embarrassingly clean...not waxed recently but not even needing ptex repair. $400 and $200. obo. Kusala with one 304 mount, Lhasa with 1.5 mounts, one alpine one tele. Rossi 12 din on the Kusala's and older Marker Baron's on the Lhasa's. I'd love to see them out and about ripping. PM preferred, cheers!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Tye-

Pows To 49911 --

thanks - tj

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    Happy to be inbound on Friday for the winter and heading to my happy place.
    That is a 'perfect' sentence...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Yeahman, - I was uncommonly subdued, believe me. Pissed but unhurt.
    At this point, things like that just give me a better sense of where I'm at with unintentional jolts to the leg.

Good to see a lot of friends out for a few turns the last coupla days.

Making many short swings feels good on the body and railing out a few easy groomers quickly reminded me of what I love about skiing: Speed, Power, Finesse, Calm and Risk. All at once. Dig it.

Turns are OK; Manmade is good for a while and the natural up high feels nice. Gets a little scratchy and busy though.
    Ski school director having a discussion smack dab in the middle of the WROD yesterday. Schooler cluckiness starts at the top these days.

In the Good news department: as I understand it, the Golden ticket offer is only for pre Holidays and then late spring this year. Initially it was to get peeps here after the new year when crowds used to drop off. That's a little less pressure methinks.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Wrapping up the annual go-to-the-doctor theme for the year soon. X-rays and 2 MRI's yesterday to address old back and neck issues; Doctoral discussion tomorrow, may see you Koko and will be on the lookout.

The new golden ticket dates definitely screwed me out of at least one day up there. Friends are planning on heading up 1/30PM late-2/3. Am 50/50 on going now that GT is done for January, and can't use it 1/31 and my industry Alta pass has zero bennies. Would be looking for a Djongo/BB/etc miracle one day. Jtran10 may be in attendance as well, but he's got MC bennies
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Alright mag, here's what I gots for you: A 1/2 off voucher for the village on any of those days and/or a 2fer 1 at Grand Targhee.
    That is all.

Was a pleasure to meet you and Jtran at SFB's party for last spring's BBIUT19.

KC opening next Thursday the 12th. I plan to be there working or playing, or both. My boy Tate sure to be there with his buddy Danny. Come see us if ya can.
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Any chance there is a location in Teton Valley that can refill a Mammut canister? I know I can get it done over the hill in Jackson, just rather not drive over if I dont have to. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Did you try Yöstmark?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post
    Any chance there is a location in Teton Valley that can refill a Mammut canister? I know I can get it done over the hill in Jackson, just rather not drive over if I dont have to. Thanks!

Fire Department in Driggs can do it with minimal hassle. Just don't go during lunch.

And bring some moustache wax

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    Fire Department in Driggs can do it with minimal hassle. Just don't go during lunch.
    Sweet, thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    And bring some moustache wax
    My stache is coming in nicely...Bring it in 9-5, though lunch is kind of sacred and we'll give it a shot. BCA's work fine on our system, I'm guessing Mammut's should as well.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    My stache is coming in nicely...Bring it in 9-5, though lunch is kind of sacred and we'll give it a shot. BCA's work fine on our system, I'm guessing Mammut's should as well.
    I was in and out with my Ortovox in the time it took me to sign a waiver. High level of service accompanied by appropriate facial hair.

Post in here a week or two before you're heading up here and I'll send you a 1/2 off code. If I don't respond on a day or so send a PM and that usually gets my attention.
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

Hell ya! Y’all rock. Let’s ski

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Fundraiser/party for the Grand Targhee avalanche dogs at the Tetonia Club this Saturday (12/7). Funk band and good raffle, should be snowing!

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Surprise! The canister actually arrived filled.... Will play around with this pack this week or 2 and trigger it, will swing by for a refill then. Thanks Again!

Sounds like Steve Baugh slid today, skier triggered.
    Last edited by snapt; 12-05-2019 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    FKNA ! Here are some photos for your memory banks. That was a fun day.

Maggots present that day:
    Djongo
    Talisman
    MiCol
    Harry

Attachment 304329Attachment 304330Attachment 304331

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    i remember all of those....guess that means i must not have been doin it right... lol

vibes rideit
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Posted this over in Sprocket Rockets, but most of you aren’t over there.

OK, so the prognosis is fairly grim. Blew out ACL, MCL, PCL, and I have a contusion/fracture on the top of my Fibia. I have to let the Meniscus heal (~6 weeks), and then I am getting a total knee replacement on January 27th. The good news (according to the doc) is that I’ll still be able to charge as a cyclist (but likely my days of getting dh Strava trophies are over).
    The worst parts are the timing (will have to pay for this early next year, our deductible will be 10k before insurance kicks in at 50%). Also, I have a México Mt. Bike/surf trip all planned and paid for March 20th, not sure what the hell will happen with that.
    He took one look at the results and immediately prescribed 50 Oxy, so I got that going for me....
    And I get to buy a Wahoo Kickr and join Zwift, lucky me!

Shit Rideit! Sorry to hear!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Jesus Christ. Healing vibrations, man.