Page 49 of 89 FirstFirst ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 2210
    Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    The director of Start bus is a moron. Nuff said. Just makes repeated terrible/questionable decisions.

Rumor is Rendavou Fest might get the axe. Coronavirus et al

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It is pretty comical how START thinks they have any leverage over the vill on bus passes. Ridership will literally crater without ski passes including the bus.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    It is pretty comical how START thinks they have any leverage over the vill on bus passes. Ridership will literally crater without ski passes including the bus.
    The fact that the village gets away with contributing as little as they do is what's comical.
    START has always been primarily JHMR transportation infrastructure.
    The token commuter routes and town shuttle are just a sideshow.
    Your point that "Ridership will literally crater without ski passes including the bus." is exactly right, because START primarily exists to serve the village

In a just world the bus barn would be out on JHMR land & JHMR/TVA would be footing much of that unfunded 13 mill for the 2nd stage, instead of letting that slimy fuck Barron sell/swap out some land marked for affordables to fit in that white elephant monstrosity.

Will be interesting to see where the vill parks everyone if bus ridership craters
    Last edited by TG; 03-12-2020 at 12:11 PM. Reason: typo

All spring events have been cancelled. Hill climb, Rendezvous, etc.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Targhee joins mountain collective? Hadn’t heard about this...

2020/2021 Grand Targhee Passholders will also receive 50% off lift tickets to all Mountain Collective resorts.

Rendezvous cancelled. Same with town downhill, hill climb. Prolly a bunch of summer stuff too like ultimate towner, elk fest, cold wet days, etc. Gonna be awfully quiet around here for a while. But if you do visit, could you kindly drop off some toilet paper and weed? Seems to be a run on both.

After running groomers with the family until they got "too slushy" Skibird and I threw a hail mary to dragging my bum knee up 4 Pines for long shot at fair to decent snow in ROB late in the aft. We were greeted at the entrance with an unusual combination of a hard crust with soft warm snow under it. Wet slide risk and zero chance for a decent turn or two meant hiking out...so we did. Some times you take the walk because it just may pan out. Today we took the long shot and clanked it off the rim...but lived to fight another day. On another note yesterday we got to see a couple of nice drops into SS up close and personal. Low snow load in there meant they had to just about graze the right wall to miss the rock band. It was burly but the boys both nailed it although the landings both had a solid thump to them. Nice work. Ya gotta love how big stuff goes off every day here.

So now how long will the resort stay open with no real income coming in from the big events and an easy out to close early?

There have already been discussions about closing down the tram in meetings.

Word is they are cutting tram and gondy capacities.

Any locals have any deals better than the Golden Ticket? Looks like my son at BYUi is going to have to come home early and we want to get a day in at JHMR while I'm out there.

50% trams it is...

Isn’t the recommended distance something like 4-6 feet?
    How in the fuck does going down to 50 people help?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Isn’t the recommended distance something like 4-6 feet?
    How in the fuck does going down to 50 people help?
    I read this as an effort by the resort to make people think they are doing something. I’m no expert but I’d agree, Rideit. That’s not likely going to inhibit any spread of anything within those tram cars. And...there are still people traveling here from known hot zones, (and probably lots of places that have the shit running around but don’t know it cuz not many can be tested). IMO, they outta do the right thing and close the tram and gondis. Hell, maybe just call it a season. But I get it, kinda. It’s not that easy. Lotta moving parts.

DJ - just saw your post a while back. I can inquire about a big jug. Good to hear you found a ff rig! Look forward to wetting a line.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    I read this as an effort by the resort to make people think they are doing something. I’m no expert but I’d agree, Rideit. That’s not likely going to inhibit any spread of anything within those tram cars. And...there are still people traveling here from known hot zones, (and probably lots of places that have the shit running around but don’t know it cuz not many can be tested). IMO, they outta do the right thing and close the tram and gondis. Hell, maybe just call it a season. But I get it, kinda. It’s not that easy. Lotta moving parts.

DJ - just saw your post a while back. I can inquire about a big jug. Good to hear you found a ff rig! Look forward to wetting a line.
    Closing the tram would piss people off but the resort would survive.

Closing the Gondi would put an end to expensive meals sold at the Bridger Center (or what ever it’s called), and the resort would probably rather just close.

Closing Sweetwater would put an end to the use of the Sweetwater mud station training center for noobs, and the resort would probably rather close.

It comes down to money, and if the resort can find a way to save a penny by blaming Coronavirus, they will shut their doors for the winter.

Let’s be real, the chances the resort makes it until April 12th is slim. Maybe we take it as a sign to give our bodies a rest for once? Or fuck that and it’s time to get after it on sleds or skins?

Pass mini hang out and ski if and when the Village closes?

Trams closed. Increased spacing everywhere else.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I would be amazed if they don’t completely shut down Monday (after the weekend).

Quote Originally Posted by Lawless View Post
    Trams closed. Increased spacing everywhere else.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Hmm.

close it for the season and the blowback will be swift, ikon was just a warm up

Quote Originally Posted by passholer View Post
    close it for the season and the blowback will be swift, ikon was just a warm up
    If someone starts a pool, I pick a week from Monday. I bet they stick it out though this storm cycle and let people who don’t cancel Rendavous Festival reservations ski, then call it a season.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Any locals have any deals better than the Golden Ticket? Looks like my son at BYUi is going to have to come home early and we want to get a day in at JHMR while I'm out there.
    I have some buddy passes that will go to waste if not used but those are just 50% off window price for a 1-day.

I can't think of a better way to pass the time than by skiing an empty Teton Village. With great coverage. Bumps disappear. Ski onto empty seats . Locals and ballsy tourists. Like the old days. Lower faces will be tits.

So is there free parking now?

Start bus is worse than the tram for spreading germs
    . . .

Have me on record as saying all this is complete lunacy.

I heard booking were way down the week/weekend of the carnival anyway. This is an easy out.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Yeah, what I observed at JHMR on Thurs was full capacity Tram & gondola. Then for Fri they did 50% limit on Tram & gondolas. Looks like today they will close the Tram and do a "limit" on gondolas, I'm guessing 50% again for gondolas.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Love it when a plan comes together. Will be looking for CHEAP lodging at the village for spring break...... Plus the golden ticket the fam and I are up for a empty village. Hoping to ski ya soon This shit CRAZY