Page 17 of 89 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Rendezvous word on the street is bobby weir with john mayer for the village show on March 28.
    They should be making official announcement any day.
    That would be fun, hopefully it's not like the yearly Dead show at a ranch rumor.

Great to be back in the former hood! Fun yurt trip over NYE to Baldy Knoll, ended up burning more calories carrying the polk sleds up and down the approach but did get some fun turns and a beautiful sunset in.

Also past two days off the pass have been bananas! Thanks Jackson. Grateful to be here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Baldy Knoll and Jackson_Ryan Dunfee photo_for email-2.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	477.3 KB 
ID:	308984

Name:	Baldy Knoll and Jackson_Ryan Dunfee photo_for email-3.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	259.7 KB 
ID:	308985

Name:	Baldy Knoll and Jackson_Ryan Dunfee photo_for email-5.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	237.0 KB 
ID:	308986

Name:	Baldy Knoll and Jackson_Ryan Dunfee photo_for email-6.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	496.5 KB 
ID:	308987

Name:	Baldy Knoll and Jackson_Ryan Dunfee photo-36.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	967.4 KB 
ID:	308989

Name:	Baldy Knoll and Jackson_Ryan Dunfee photo_for email-14.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	537.8 KB 
ID:	308990

Name:	Baldy Knoll and Jackson_Ryan Dunfee photo_for email-8.jpg 
Size:	556.3 KB 
ID:	308991

Name:	Baldy Knoll and Jackson_Ryan Dunfee photo-23.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	2.59 MB 
ID:	308992

Name:	Baldy Knoll and Jackson_Ryan Dunfee photo-40.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	2.04 MB 
ID:	308993

Name:	Baldy Knoll and Jackson_Ryan Dunfee photo_for email-17.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	448.6 KB 
ID:	308994

Name:	Baldy Knoll and Jackson_Ryan Dunfee photo_for email-18.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	554.4 KB 
ID:	308995
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Your timing is impeccable. Did Jeff and Diane guide you, or did you just rent the Yurt?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Sweet pics. Thanks for sharing.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

I think Baldy yurt is just blessed with perfect snow...or at least it was on our two trips there.

What objectives did you have in mind to justify hauling that rope?

Polk sledge is not a bad idea, the approach is good for that. We just paid potters to bring in the wine and scotch.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

My daughter sent me this just a few minutes ago....was from this am.

Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    I think Baldy yurt is just blessed with perfect snow...or at least it was on our two trips there.

Polk sledge is not a bad idea, the approach is good for that. We just paid potters to bring in the wine and scotch.
    Honestly I have no idea why dude broight the rope. Maybe so we could be roped up to dig a pit somewhere sketchy? Or.maybe that's just front range co behavior

We didn't end up getting much skiing in with a mixed group, low vis, and one full day to ski. Still super nice being up there, the sunset the first night was worth it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Your timing is impeccable. Did Jeff and Diane guide you, or did you just rent the Yurt?
    Diane did! She is the shit. I think it was required for her to walk us out there.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

welcome back to town WaistdeepG!
    Are the Beece's still here too?
    should we do a mag meet up for a few runs tomorrow?
    Thunder and sublette both closed for high winds around 2 or 2:30 today so might be nice up there tomorrow
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    welcome back to town WaistdeepG!
    Are the Beece's still here too?
    should we do a mag meet up for a few runs tomorrow?
    Thunder and sublette both closed for high winds around 2 or 2:30 today so might be nice up there tomorrow
    We were about 20 chairs from getting back on Sublette when they shut it down. Snow was holding well up there as it was, and it shut down even earlier around 11:30 so BBear is right on. We rolled over to Thunder after that. Didn’t know it closed too. We rolled to the other side after grabbing some food and used some tricks DJ passed along for some great turns late afternoon. Nice day for sure.

I’m up for a meet up for sure. Where when? The kid is mostly healed up. He had to skip yesterday and then we dragged him to Roadless, but he ended up walking away with a sweet raffle prize that he was gonna drop cash on next week - so he was pumped. The karma took care of him. Very cool.

DJ I owe ya some beer! Whatcha like?!

Just arrived and picked these up. I’m not worthy and Mike is truly an artist. I’ll be at the village for the next three days. Look for a pack of Iggy riders, I’ll be the one they are waiting for....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0588.JPG 
Views:	133 
Size:	219.2 KB 
ID:	309176
    why make ten turns when you only need to make NONE!

Jackson Hole 2019-2020 - & The 'Ghee, The King, Kelly Canyon, Pebble Creek

maybe 11am meet up at casper restaurant fireplace? some personal laps in the am and for those that want to sleep in/ go to church
    then the mags rip together- yea!
    Last edited by babybear; 01-05-2020 at 07:31 AM. Reason: let’s stick with the established 11
    skid luxury

I'll swing by the casper fireplace just before 11 and will hang out for a bit to see if anyone else wants to ski. I have pink ski pants- probably the easiest identifier
    skid luxury

We may not get there. I’m gonna trying but the cat herding is sketchy today.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Sorry I missed a good chance at hanging with ya Babybear, I made a quick dash up to BS for some Partying with Harry, after skiing yesterday and just got home.
    I'll be back in the saddle tomorrow and will be a-huntin' an' a-peckin' for the goods.

It was Excellent meeting and turning with 3/4 of the Beece crew. Enjoyed the short time and look forward to more turns down the road. Be safe heading out.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Of all the skis you could have in the world, those are about the single most hand crafted ones you can buy. And they deliver 110%on Durability and Performance. That's the Achilles heel for so many 'custom' skis.
    You should be easy to find in the tram line...

Sorry we missed ya today DJ (hope the trip was fun) and BBear. After him missing so much I couldn’t bear to pull the kid away from jumping into the soft stuff that was stashed all over the place today. Remember being 18? Fun as hell. Every landing was soft and every pillow chargeable. Dream snow everywhere.

What a spectacular day and trip. You all are caretakers to a very special place. Thanks for sharing.

Name:	IMG_0342.JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	309281

Name:	IMG_0344.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	309282

Name:	IMG_0345.JPG 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	309283

Edit: Not sure why the quality sucks. Sorry.

no worries gang. Beece- powder should always take precedent. looks like you guys had fun! which makes me happy
    Looked for Beece's and Waistdeep but it's a big mtn to try to run into people.
    andrew said he ran into you, Waistdeep though- so glad he got to give you a high five from the both of us
    Also had some of andrew's besties that arrived in town yesterday and wanted to ski today and since he was working today, it worked out well to meet up with those guys

The density of the snow was nice today- just dense enough to smooth things out but not heavy
    The the week ahead looks decent- a couple inches every night. but back to the office for me tmrw- boo!
    skid luxury

Dear Jackson Hole maggots,

Thank you for loaning us your Djongo for the weekend. Dude is what the TRG is all about. Good friends.

~signed,
    the Big Sky maggots

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Great skiing today! The mountain is looking great.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by skiing-in-jackson View Post
    In town for the week, today was a great start. If anyone wants to meet up to ride hmu.

Was passing through on the way home and just had to hit Targhee for the new snow. It did not disappoint and toMorrow should be amazing too as it wasn't crowded and was dumping as we left. Have fun!

Picked the grom up from school at 2:45 and rallied for 4 DC laps up at the 'ghee. Damn Good! Free Refills....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

had to work today, but made it to the king mid-day. not bad at all. not bad at all. RPK forecast looks real nice for the village.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post

( The rope may have Just been to harness the pulk ( / sledge / sled ) --

I dreamed of a trip like that --

Alas , . . . )

Thank you for this thread --

I live vicariously through ( All of ) You ! !!

Thank you ! ! tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

January in Jackson and the snow volcano is going off ! Dropping in through a hole in the clouds so not bringing my own.

Looking forward to some safe turns through the storms. Wednesday on the dock !

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Rendezvous word on the street is bobby weir with john mayer for the village show on March 28.
    They should be making official announcement any day.
    So who saw the "Home for the Holidays" at the Capital in Port Chester back Dec. 13 ?

Thu

Quote Originally Posted by skiing-in-jackson View Post
    As always, perfectly put. Succinct-in-Jackson would be appropriate too.

Fuck, my feet hurt.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Thanks Harry for the positive stoke my brotha. I always enjoy my roadtrips to SW MT cuzza you. It's a real solid vibe at The Big. I can dig it.

~~~~~~~

Ski220 - Will try and get safety gear ready. Yup, the snow would appear to be pushing in for a while. Here's hoping.
    ~~~~~~~~
    Now that it's softening up, I wanna go over to Kelly canyon for a day. A quiet, snowy day to really love it up. Soon now.
    I bet the 'Ghee is pretty damn good right now too...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```

Forecast for the next 10 days is roughly light snow punctuated with heavier snow, with some snow on the side.

I would encourage visitation soon for those with the means and some flexibility. Coverage is good, with a fresh blanket most mornings lately, and pretty much everything is skiable now. Crowds would appear to be abating somewhat. Good time to get some.