Page 65 of 89 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 2210
    Hey DJ - the wife told me of quite a few old timers and medium timers, (if that makes sense) that are gone now. She was out there from the early 90s to about 2000. Rattled off a handful of solid folks that were let go, maybe nudged out, I dunno. No details and I don’t want to get into that speculation game but it’s too bad some real good employees won’t be there, at least for now. I’d guess there will be plenty of regulars, old new and in between not throwing down for a full pass or a pass at all.
    Shit, we did the 10 day thing. Only did that once in the last 20 something years on a year I was traveling a lot, (skiing). Bet there are more in the same boat. Could curb the crowds,especially during the week.

Travel just ain’t gonna be at a peak either. As long as the village is open people will come and ski it but I’m going to guess it will be a down year for obvious reasons.

Combine that with an anticipated local population skiing slightly less than usual there and you and others holding the full Enchilada won’t look back at spending the extra bucks!

I’ll see you for those 10 days and the freebies!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

"DEFUND THE SKI POLICE"

I will buy that sticker!
    And wear it proudly
    Anyone have sticker Tim's cell phone? This could be bigger than steal your tram or Michael Cares
    . . .

Jackson Hole 2019-2020 - & The 'Ghee, The King, Kelly Canyon, Pebble Creek

Snapt, the answer is yes, and it will count for 21/22 and the next 5 years after that, big numbers every day!

But on to a more serious (but maybe not) topic, maybe more of a bit conspiracy theory question, anyone know what guarantees the village offers with season pass? Do they have the ability to “close” the tram to everyone except employees, guided clients, and privates? I’m probably off the deep end here but just wondering if they could do that, then blame COVID-19 social distancing measures as a reason? Normally it’s approximately 75% public/ski patrollers/hosts, 25% schoolers/guides per 100 person box, but wondering if they could/would offer exclusive tram access to private lessons/guided clients, and what recourse the general public might have against this?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by skibrd; 07-01-2020 at 05:32 AM.

Skibrd - actually, my source alluded to just that idea. Maybe selling a handful of seats for big bucks. Keep it safe, sell expensive tram laps. Seems completely within the realm of the new greediness taking over the resort Mgmnt.
    We also discussed how the shit's gonna hit the fan if they choose to close after Oct 15 and before opening. At the moment, they can just keep your money.
    ~~~~~~~~~
    Schwerty - Oddly those 7/10 day passes are a good deal now too. What with the free days up front and at the end. We shall turn again!
    I hope your right and it turns out to be kinda slow; agree it's a distinct possibility
    Let's fish first though.
    Howz da knee?

Superior - Come on down. If Schwerty's right and it's a slow season, maybe less chess and more Djenga. Both are safety sesh friendly.

DJ - knee needs fixing but I’m stubborn and haven’t done it yet. PT and training right to improve mobility and bad habits has really helped. I’m back to doing stuff. Just at 75-80%.

Had a great spring fishin season. Been tabled with work and home stuff for a while now but itchin to get back at it! Lookin forward to it!

Heard the police had to be called to the whole grocer because a tourist refused to wear a mask inside the store and flashed his sidearm telling them he knew how to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Skibrd - actually, my source alluded to just that idea. Maybe selling a handful of seats for big bucks. Keep it safe, sell expensive tram laps. Seems completely within the realm of the new greediness taking over the resort Mgmnt.
    We also discussed how the shit's gonna hit the fan if they choose to close after Oct 15 and before opening. At the moment, they can just keep your money.
    That Oct 15 date made me consider waiting until they open to buy a pass, but I figured if they decided to not open for the season we’d get the option to put the money towards next year. If they don’t let us do that, I guess that’s why I was wondering what guarantees we are offered? I figured worse case I’d call my credit card company and fight it there.

I wonder how many patrollers will put up with expensive tram laps. Hell, they hate keeping Corbets closed for media events, and are the first people to tell corporate to stuff it for things like that.

Guess I’m happy I got into the sled game last winter, might be the only way to get turns in.

I think half of Utah is planning to drive here for the 4th. They have been the most insufferable as far as not wearing masks and causing a scene about their rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    I think half of Utah is planning to drive here for the 4th. They have been the most insufferable as far as not wearing masks and causing a scene about their rights.
    Lots of talk down here about this being the year to visit the parks "since tourism is down." But a friend of mine that works for Teton-Bridger FS was telling me that while out of country visits are almost non-existent, nearby tourism (trips by car) are way up and it's made town and the parks seem even busier than normal.

Djenga
    Sign me up for a game or two.

Interesting to hear the season pass tactics. Lots of guessing and hoping.

To add to the pile of wishful proto-stoke: I just bought my local pass, plus a Silverton unguided season pass which includes a few days at smaller western hills. Plan/hope is to spin through the Tits on a leg of the trip, skiing a day each at GTNP, JHMR, and Snow King (included on the pass, might as well!) in mid-March. Need some days at elevation to steady my sea-rat bod.

So even though it's too early to know anything about mtn ops, I'll be looking forward to making turns with some of youze in 21.

Yeah,a friend of mine told me to stay away this summer, that it is nuts over there.

Our little part of the Caribou-Targhee NF is packed with people. Lots of new campers being parked where I have never seen campers before. It is very annoying. This area caters more to ATVs and side by side instead of hiking. The gate opens today for my favorite "close to home but in the forest hike with the pups." Even though it is a dead end FS road and doesn't make a loop, I am sure it will be busier than normal this summer with idiots on ATVs.

I'll be waiting until December to decide on a pass, see what lifts the vill decides to run. If there's no tram I'd likely just go with no pass and tour for my turns.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Lots of talk down here about this being the year to visit the parks "since tourism is down." But a friend of mine that works for Teton-Bridger FS was telling me that while out of country visits are almost non-existent, nearby tourism (trips by car) are way up and it's made town and the parks seem even busier than normal.
    We get about 4 million summer tourists coming through to visit the parks. Even if we're down by half this summer - which we're told will be the case - that's still 2 million people in cars, and no more buses.

Also, hospitality research says this summer people are planning 500+ mile road trips this summer to avoid flying. So it's a much wider net being cast that is attracting 'drive market' folks.

The typical 'Angry August' tourist arrived early, yelling at front line staff and demanding service be the way it was before the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

...This could be bigger than...or ...Michael Cares
    I have one! Pretty rare commodity these days.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	95456386-AC88-495E-8148-DD99B318A0CE.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	590.1 KB 
ID:	333244
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Sign me up for a game or two.

Interesting to hear the season pass tactics. Lots of guessing and hoping.

To add to the pile of wishful proto-stoke: I just bought my local pass, plus a Silverton unguided season pass which includes a few days at smaller western hills. Plan/hope is to spin through the Tits on a leg of the trip, skiing a day each at GTNP, JHMR, and Snow King (included on the pass, might as well!) in mid-March. Need some days at elevation to steady my sea-rat bod.

So even though it's too early to know anything about mtn ops, I'll be looking forward to making turns with some of youze in 21.
    Let us know if/when you make it this way, we will get turns in if lifts are spinning or not.

Ah Norseman, that's great news. Of course holla for any help on our end. Be good to ski ya...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    'cuz stickers...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	schoolers.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	826.3 KB 
ID:	333289

That's a bold one. Not sure where to put it. Tramdock ski map?

My all time favorite sticker Dj!

The tourist numbers on our side of the Tetons is definitely picking up as well. Looks like Driggs is putting a mandatory mask rule in place starting tonight. I can also confirm that there are out of staters camping in places I’ve never seen anyone camped before. Last week some jackass with Florida tags was setting up camp on the side of the dirt road right behind our place. I buzzed him enough times on my moto where he finally must have figured it was a shitty spot so he packed up. For purely selfish reasons I need this virus crap wrapped up soon.

My favorite was „START bus, cause my car won’t“
    Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    My all time favorite sticker Dj!

Well hell, B30 brings up another aspect of next winter that will require some adjustment.

For years the resort and Start bus gave all passholders a free bus pass. That ended last season. Peeps getting to the vill will have to park at Stilson for the free ride into the village. That's pretty straightforward. Returning to stilson for free? Is the driver gonna have to make sure everyone who got on for free, gets off at stilson and not Aspens or Calico.
    Policing on the bus is gonna be funny if it hits critical mass; which it will on the first holiday/pow sesh.
    Parking pass prices just came out. No increase in price and a 10% discount for holders from last year. Schmucks. Lost about 20% of days and a public crisis with financial impacts. They said other ski areas aren't doing much so we're not gonna either. Clownshow at Teton village.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't see crap happening at the tram. They're losing valuable time to slip those track ropes. Prolly gonna start late and then say the box is outta commish, long term, because of something tied to that.

wonder how it’s gonna work if they have to reduce bus capacity due to the ‘rona ? maybe the crowds will be down enough that it all balances out?

Well hell, B30 brings up another aspect of next winter that will require some adjustment.

For years the resort and Start bus gave all passholders a free bus pass. That ended last season. Peeps getting to the vill will have to park at Stilson for the free ride into the village. That's pretty straightforward. Returning to stilson for free? Is the driver gonna have to make sure everyone who got on for free, gets off at stilson and not Aspens or Calico.
    Policing on the bus is gonna be funny if it hits critical mass; which it will on the first holiday/pow sesh.
    Parking pass prices just came out. No increase in price and a 10% discount for holders from last year. Schmucks. Lost about 20% of days and a public crisis with financial impacts. They said other ski areas aren't doing much so we're not gonna either. Clownshow at Teton village.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't see crap happening at the tram. They're losing valuable time to slip those track ropes. Prolly gonna start late and then say the box is outta commish, long term, because of something tied to that.
    All the bus drivers were super chill last winter when I parked at Kmart with my average Joe pass, and getting back to Kmart was never an issue either. I hate to say I just said “Stilson” more often then I intended, but it worked. No one checked where people got off, and I don’t think the bus drivers care either. The few bus drivers I know personally don’t like the director of START bus or how he/they operate the whole system. Screw them.

Well, guess we will have to put a boot pack up far drift, or JHMR locals will have to learn what skins are in order to get to Cody.

Pretty sure the village businesses - which are required to buy bus passes - are going to have a come to Jesus meeting with TVA and demand the service they pay for or demand the quitter's head on a pike.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Is this refresh up high considered 19/20 or 20/21?
    Oh...they'll be counting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Pretty sure the village businesses - which are required to buy bus passes - are going to have a come to Jesus meeting with TVA and demand the service they pay for or demand the quitter's head on a pike.
    Employee passes still come with bus passes. The general public’s season passes don’t.