Page 21 of 89 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Jackson Hole 2019-2020 - & The 'Ghee, The King, Kelly Canyon, Pebble Creek

Well, well, well, Thanks put on a decrepit tie dye to celebrate. Thanks again!

I'll just put this right here. Doesn't need much caption, does it?

this is why I live here...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200110_143426_027.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	656.4 KB 
ID:	310109

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Storm skiing is always the best, no? That 21" dumpage sucked everyone in. Relatively chill at the vill today.
    I was gonna give my knee another day to rest. Fuck that, I went skiing.

Sweet seconds everywhere and some deep freshies that were overlooked yesterday.
    Took a classic over the handlebars double heel release mining the pow stashes.
    Solid. Feels good.
    Honestly, the harder/more I ski, the better it feels. Incremental but noticeable.

Attachment 310064

Attachment 310061

I'm tired of this photo crap. I even uploaded a sideways one and it still fucked up. Makes me not wanna post photos.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```

Nice LBL - looking good over yonder. gonna pilgrimage soon. Maybe PM me yer phone # so's I can coordinate witcha down the line.

Prayers for the Pupper. Thoughts to ya girl.

Ski ya's this weekend...

- Snowbird Devo and Seldon - Holla when close, we'll set something up.
    [emoji6] I got your back with the photos...
    Looks like I'll be down first week in Feb for a week. Save some pow for me

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Thanks, SVS. And good to hear the plan is forming. Thought about you today, looking at The SirVic slide. Had to laugh. Good times, my friend.

And no one had even skied on it, so pristine.

Makes me laugh even now.
    ~~~~~~~~~

Nice shot HMS. Sliding in a Sea of Dreaminess.

? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3497.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	310162

Huge crown and debris in RS North bowl. Trollers told us happened 3:30 Thursday afternoon. We passed that way 15 minutes prior. Be safe.

Not like these guys.

And the sad part is, they didn't even make any turns to get there! Traversed the entire way.

Name:	IMG_3496.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	310165

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post

Name:	IMG_3496.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	310165
    Third patrol rescue up there this week. People need to look at the signsz

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Zero g spacewalk looking good.

But damn. Ralphie almost sucks in another victim.

Might be time for a rope line on the traverse.
    . . .

Conditions are just great.

Lines are shorter than they’ve been in years. It’s definitely quieter than the last few seasons. People are happy. Nothing like crappy conditions to bring out the ill-natured skiers.

The tram line entrance was moved to the rear. A host told me so when there’s a long line it doesn’t become the vocal point of one’s entry to the Village- not good PR to see the tram line snaking down to Snake River Lodge or backed up to the Bridger Gondola. Keep it hidden in the back.

Fresh powder really smooths things out.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

IIrc, a few years ago there was a push for signage over there but methinks the FS shot it down.
    We been pushing for ropes/signs/anything for many years. Before all the young doods started successfully skiing those cliffy areas.

Ralph's is no less dangerous and so amazingly easy to end up in. Skiing above it is obnoxiously vague as to what's below. And it always looks good.

Those pics of Spacewalk, Zero and on, that is not a lot of snow. That's good coverage, a coupla few feet deep. That rock in SpaceWalk disappears. Then it's CakeWalk. Another 6-10' will be rad.

Anyone into an 11 am Casper meetup tomorrow?

I'll be out earlyish, turnin' and burnin'. Need to ski casual as I been pushing the knee hard in all the Powpowpowpowpowpowpow.

The Vibe on the mountain is subdued Uberstoke. How fine the skiing is, opens almost every conversation. Which makes for great, stokey chair rides.

And you get to see some sweet lines get slayed. Watched a guy get first tracks in Alta 2 , from the tram car; deep snow, skied it like he knew every turn and flashed it.
    So awesome to see a Classic get nailed. That slope ain't shallow neither. Solid technique, knowledge and a solid set, for that line.

Isn’t ralphie in the permit boundary?
    I know The bowl is. Not sure about lower RS.

They have sleds. They make rescues. I’ve seen noobs up on Ralph’s twice, yelling at them to hike up and out.
    Seems like setting a rope line is way easier than making rescues or hauling out bodies.
    Always figured it was the lawyers that said no. Once you mark it you own the liability

About time someone thought about the tram line. How many years has it been going up past the hoff? Stoopid
    Touron first day, scuse me pardon me as they cross the stupid long tram line?
    It’s still long, longer than it should be.
    . . .

Any suggestions for some mellow meadow skipping on the Jackson side? Staying over there a few days next week and would like to tour but not necessarily on the pass. Feel free to PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Isn’t ralphie in the permit boundary?
    I know The bowl is. Not sure about lower RS.

They have sleds. They make rescues. I’ve seen noobs up on Ralph’s twice, yelling at them to hike up and out.
    Seems like setting a rope line is way easier than making rescues or hauling out bodies.
    Always figured it was the lawyers that said no. Once you mark it you own the liability

About time someone thought about the tram line. How many years has it been going up past the hoff? Stoopid
    Touron first day, scuse me pardon me as they cross the stupid long tram line?
    It’s still long, longer than it should be.
    Lots to unwrap here.

I'm fairly certain the actual boundary is where the rope is now at the Far drift. For decades it was about 50 yards inside that line. Story was that they did that so they could legitimately charge you with trespassing if on their permitted land but beyond the rope. wouldn't bet the farm on that but it's the general consensus.

No doubt anything - a rope line, signs etc. would be a huge improvement. It's dumb shit like this that feeds the local angst. Who knows, maybe it finally is the lawyers. They can be pesky.

Originally maybe lower Cody bowl, all the way out through all of Rock springs was in the permit boundary. When the county upzoned at the village's request in '94, the ski corp. conceded rights to any future development in there. Pricy Ellen creek is about as close as that area will get developed now. Kemmerer, Walton, Duess all live there.

Noobs? All over. A lot.
    not enough to make a dent in the real experience though.

The tram line, Ha! that's funny. I could regale you with stories of the idiocy of the tram. And the history of that damn line. Too much to say.
    The line up the hill started about 5-7 yrs. ago and was on a big year that was lean elsewhere. Then forbes called us #1 and natch, a noticeable trend began.
    It's typically only on the biggest days. Also, since they put in that on snow maze, that keeps it to a rarity.
    But they can't manage that maze or the dock to save their lives. The problems at the tram begin with the people running the mazes and workers.

We could sit on the general store deck and talk at length about that place over a beer.
    If they stopped serving fucking waffles at the summit, like it's some achievement, they'd reduce tramline by 10-15%. It's outta hand.

But I love the tram. It's a huge part of my life. A lift to good times.

The issue I heard is if someone (forest service or resort with FS permission) marks Ralph’s, and someone goes off a cliff somewhere else and gets hurt, then the FS is liable because why did they make Ralph’s and not cliff X.

There is a map and signs, if you get caught you are a moron.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Also, this today.

Name:	high risk.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	310248

Yesterday, it was 'Considerable'.

Find the tgr logo on that board.

Very slight possibility might head south to meet a friend. I hate asking but any chance of discounted tickets? Always willing to host mags that want to hit discovery in MT.

Is Bubba’s BBQ still BYOB?

No, they sell beer and wine now. But honestly, you want to go to Big Hole BBQ, it’s much better. Just up the street. Full bar.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

KC...got good.

DJ...will do as soon as I get more than a minute. ;-) Warrens 3rd birthday today. Can't miss that. Also Tates birthday. ...cant remember how old he is...
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Oh man Targhee was deeeeeep today. This is about as good as skiing in the Tetons gets with more on the way.Name:  snow.png
Views: 811
Size:  90.7 KB Not a bad start to 2020.

Parking was a total shit show though, looked like the bypass road was full by about 9:15.

You fuckers better hold on....we in the PNW are sending you something....
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    Thank you kindly. We accept.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Indeed, the Tetons are going off.

I finally made it early for first box. First 10 outta the chutes, I was on a mission today.
    3/4 trees to the bottom of Rbowl in about 50 turns, kneedeep and billowing over me.
    Stopped at bottom, decided To go out the gate.
    Someone had pushed into the canyon but not my line. Trackless.

Tentative safety turns all the way down the gut in hip deep wind dropped pow.
    Farmed my usual fall line powder 8 set. Sickness. Top 20 of 500 laps on that.

Name:	topross.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	310375

Name:	bottom ross.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	310376
    Too deep in the meadow, I'm sloggin' it to the next pitch. 2 Guides finally come by and cut trail almost the rest of the way out.

Crotch deep for maybe 2 miles, had to do the splits and point 'em for quite a ways on the flats. Ugh.

Pillow drop heaven in the mid zone past the split rock. Keeping the guides in front of me but everyone gets a fresh line, very few crossed tracks. Gigglin/wigglin through the bottom of the Hobacks. Ah, back in the real world.

Hope you got some.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good to ski ya again Babybear.

Bless you my son.

Name:	IMG_34671.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	202.6 KB 
ID:	310379

Sunday is fun day !

So much snow !

Staying safe on the low angle.

Get yours.

Jackson Hole 2019-2020 - & The 'Ghee, The King, Kelly Canyon, Pebble Creek

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    It is quite deep in the pnw right now. Once the storm moves west (edit: east, I’m a few beers in...), djongo’s gonna be posting “the skiing was tittayyyyyz” for days on end!