Page 70 of 89 FirstFirst ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2210
    New forest service Regs seem to make sense. How they could be enforced is beyond me. Seems like a lot of plate #‘s being shared on a already understaffed and funded agency.

Shit. I forgot about the start bus covid soup. That ain’t gonna work too well. Double fuck.

And buying a parking pass was cock blocked by the ikon crowd last two years. The pass is no guarantee since they fill the lots for cash, first come first served. And the lots will fill early, even on midweek non powder from locals and tourists alike, trying to avoid the covid coach bus.
    . . .

I expect this is where all opinions will differ: Methinketh this winter will be slower than usual and def not what we've seen the last 2-5 years.
    Of course people will still come and adjusting will be a challenge. But that pic that Adi posted, I gots a $20 says we won't see that this season.

Earlier buses tend to be emptier, adjust for crowdage if it's a concern (as it should be). Get a carpool w/trusted peeps, etc.
    I park every day in the ranch lot. Even on clusterfuck days it doesn't fill before 8ish. Maybe 5 days a season do they end up parking peeps out on the roadside.

Gonna be a busy day? get the fuck up and out. If your showing up at the vill when the lot is approaching full, ya done fucked up son. I been in line for a while , already seshed and will shortly be crushing 4k of kneedeeps.

I even thought about buying a new top/bottom shell outfit that I can spray some disinfectant on it 2x daily.
    If I really wanna ski, and they're gonna be open, I'm always going to swing for the fence.

And don't get me wrong, I'm all about keeping it safe. I feel certain my lungs are a bit compromised from a lifetime of ganjulating. I also care for an elder so he can't be exposed either.
    Also, I'm pretty effective at scowling people back a foot or three. It's Wyoming, we got space to spare, now get outta my pocket. BDFU.

I am hoping, even betting that this season will be slower and for the smart and careful, full of sweet turns. No disrespect to those who opt out. We all have a good reason.
    I'd survive an off season.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I park every day in the ranch lot. Even on clusterfuck days it doesn't fill before 8ish. Maybe 5 days a season do they end up parking peeps out on the roadside.

Gonna be a busy day? get the fuck up and out. If your showing up at the vill when the lot is approaching full, ya done fucked up son. I been in line for a while , already seshed and will shortly be crushing 4k of kneedeeps.
    Agreed - if its going to be a busy day just get up and get out. Not that hard, just get ahead of the crowds and chill in the line for a bit. Carpooling to ranch was never a problem for the three dozen times I did it last year. The challenge is not letting the 'hardo' tourists freaking out about the lines get the vibe down. Saw a few near meltdowns in that gondi line, people just gotta chill its a big mountain. I won't be making any road trips out this winter to Jackson so y'all can thank me know for not clogging up the system.

And don't get me wrong, I'm all about keeping it safe. I feel certain my lungs are a bit compromised from a lifetime of ganjulating. I also care for an elder so he can't be exposed either.
    Also, I'm pretty effective at scowling people back a foot or three. It's Wyoming, we got space to spare, now get outta my pocket. BDFU.
    I like it.

Moose sighting on the teton yesterday afternoon. None of those crowds you all speak of on this side of the pass so far. Rode the south valley system and horseshoe canyon this weekend, barely any other groups on the trails. Waiting to head to the ghee until this week once the weekenders are gone. Figured if anywhere is super packed over here it's there.

Thinking of heading to ride Phillips ridge today.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

CS - I thought you lived far away. You gots a pass? Noice. Don't throw in the towel just yet.

Parvo - You mentioned the FS Lease. Have you ever seen/read an actual copy of that?
    It's like a fill in your tracks day. Everyone talks about it but its fucking rare even for grunts deep in the kimchi.
    Methinks the Local FS guy could give them a 1 year exemption on how the tram can be used as well. Some rules are, shall we say, more pliable than others.

GM - Those Asteroids are from ca. 2002-05? Unbelievably good condition. Dry garage setting across some rafters gathering dust. Like a time capsule. They are mounted too small for my 326 BSL. I want to ski them but I don't really care to re-mount them. Not that the metal wouldn't hold it. I may let visiting mags ski them or eventually sell/trade them.

2BJ - Sure hope we see you this winter, if not sooner.
    You do live in the boondocks. Mags don't even realize. Oddly central to tons o' cool stuff. Good livin' right there.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Yeah, it is pretty much BFE over here. I moved here about 10 years ago from Boston. Lots of people thought I was crazy, but for the most part, I like it. Sometimes, depending on the wind in the winter, you can't get there from here. Was a bit frustrating last winter during some of those big storms. If the roads were open over there, the road over here was closed and vice versa. I hope to get out and explore more over here if things are crazy, even if it's just on snow shoes checking out the terrain or a little meadow skipping. I see lots of places that look great but you'd need a sled to get to them bc the approach is so long or over private land. This area is big for snow machining.

I hope to be over there before winter. Just waiting for the tourists to hopefully move on after labor day weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    None of those crowds you all speak of on this side of the pass so far. Rode the south valley system and horseshoe canyon this weekend, barely any other groups on the trails.

If you've lived in or visited Teton Valley for any length of time you'd probably have a different perspective. Beyond busy by our standards. As you note you can find places that aren't overrun, but any popular trailhead has been gonzo. New huge river parking lot at Bates is full daily, Teton Canyon trailhead full at 7AM, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    If you've lived in or visited Teton Valley for any length of time you'd probably have a different perspective. Beyond busy by our standards. As you note you can find places that aren't overrun, but any popular trailhead has been gonzo. New huge river parking lot at Bates is full daily, Teton Canyon trailhead full at 7AM, etc.
    Came over to the jackson side today to go to the park and JESUS CHRIST. Awful.

Took like 30 minutes to park at string lake, but had a good paddle

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    Heard over 50 people were on top of Table the other day...at the same time.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Now got stuck in traffic south of the village to get back to wilson so headed to the mangy moose for nachos and...they don't have them in the summer??

Moving now
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

I took a moto ride through the park on sunday and the Jenny lake parking lot was full out to the roadway and 1/4 mile more lining that in both directions.
    They just rebuilt that a few years ago. Didn't expand anything though.

Avoiding traffic jams and getting in/out of the grocery store are my 2 biggest issues. And getting fast food is always a long line now.

It'll be dead as ever come october/nov. I bet it's quiet up Togwotee way, deeper GVs, Snakes, Bitch creek/ Leigh canyon, Berry creek.

Rode around town last evening and marveled at all the unmasked people.

The McD's in Jackson has got to be the best performing one in the entire country this summer. Two drive thru lanes, backed up to Broadway, basically all day everyday.
    Live Free or Die

I'd beg to differ on that...
    That place used to run like a swiss watch. The guy who owned it was a former GM employee who invented the mechanism for opening the early seat belts( or something along those lines).
    He sold it to GM, retired fat and happy and bought the local franchise. In his 60's, he ran the place every day.
    Food was waiting on you. Crazy fast. Kinda like Bubba's used to be.
    Now it's run by the mexican mgr. and no, it's frustratingly slow. Even before the covidz.

Occasionally, they'll get a euro gal who can get the lead out but they get along pretty quick. The euros are very self aware that they are the preferred cheap labor force here now.

You know we've reached peak summer on TGR when the Jackson locals are talking about the Mcdonald's line.

Well kind of hard to get a local to talk about "their" line.

Once in awhile though someone will show you their line.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    Well kind of hard to get a local to talk about "their" line.

Once in awhile though someone will show you their line.

Thank you sir.

Refreshing cool drink, in the summer heat
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    You know we've reached peak summer on TGR when the Jackson locals are talking about the Mcdonald's line.
    More like ‘Peak Covid Shit-Show’, IMO
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Nice ski stoke 220, we had some good turns last season.

Absolutely.

Want to ski 'your' line with you again. Whenever.

I want to go skiing

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Oh man I want snow. Finally bit the bullet and bought a new sled to replace my 14 year old Arctic Cat. I have another 14 year old Arctic Cat that runs but the track won’t go, my guess is that it has something to do with the mechanical reverse but I’m not willing to put anymore time into it, especially with a new sled coming. If someone wants a project you can have it for free just PM me. The issue may be minor or major I don’t know but it’s always been a good backcountry sled.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

https://youtu.be/ERiPAikK5vM
    I keep forgetting to post this up from a trip I made to the Tetons on July 11th. I thought it would be some stoke, but my wife said it is just skiing on crap.

Anyway, I do this at least once or twice every summer and there were more people on the trail as I came out then I ever remember seeing. Plus the cars at Lupine Meadows had spilled out of the parking lot and were solid all the way up to the corner where the road heads east to the main park road.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Fkna Eagle, nice stoke. You're right about turning the corner into Garnet after the switchbacks. One of the best turns in the park.

Way to get some watermelon snow. Years ago, I'd be in the Meadows about 20 different days a summer. Damn near run into there. Been a while now. That vid motivates me to get up there this summer, thanks.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FG - Slow down and Wave. Need more of this.
    On a stroll, a local will say hi. Amazes me to make eye contact with so many peeps and they just avoid and scurry. In general, not just now/virus.

Oh well, everyone has their reasons, right?
    ~~~~~~~~~~`
    I could make some turns right now, as well.

Sure hope our season isn't just a complete clusterfuck. I put very little faith in the mgmnt. though.
    Between the McCollisters and the Kemmerers, TV has had decades of poor planning, boggling engineering and timing mistakes. Not to mention the forever disdain for the locals. Any feelings that the old Kems are still committed to Wyoming and the valley have fallen by the wayside as the the New Prez is straight outta Disney.
    Almost time for them to cash out methinks.

Just one opinion. I'm still down about SIJ...

I leave this to you my friend. I heard Connie may have let it slip that the tram will run on a reservation system, If true i bet that it wouldn't be until after the cancel date for refunds. that being said. I got nothing else and i hope it's not true.