Page 24 of 89 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Makes sense @djongo, pretty unreal situation but sure seems like you guys don't take it for granted. Headed out that way early Feb. so I have some skin in the game but will be stoked to be there regardless of the condish.

Very cool insight ya'll, thank you. Stay safe.

if you haven't seen it, or aren't aware, Comey's (from jh avy center) state of the snowpack presentation from last night is timely and informative

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Good afternoon, everybody, I’m bionic!
    Pics or it didn't happen

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    That is a really nice tool.
    That’s what she said.....

Captain Bob Morris is dead. RIP

Rode many a bus with him.

You need only live in Teton county for one day in order to vote.
    Very cool dude.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Good afternoon, everybody, I’m bionic!
    Y’all stay safe out there, y’hear?
    That was fast. Let us know how it goes.

Good luck for a speedy and pain free recovery.

I got into town last night and here for a weekish...looking forward to turns and beers.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I’d be happy to meet up at the village Saturday, Hutash.

11 Casper anyone?

I’ll be on day 2 of my season and can still barely get the skis around on a bum knee but I’m gonna give it a shot. Might end up with lunchtime bloody Mary’s if it doesn’t work.

This is a two dollar bill from Capt. Bob. A birthday gift from a friend.

Mrs. SIJ used to drive Start Bus back in the day and had numerous conversations with him. He was an interesting cat for sure. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A9BAE8D0-D7DE-4959-B7B2-E21B41BB36D0.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	713.9 KB 
ID:	311161
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

I like that^ I can hear his radio commercials in my head. but also heard (possible rural legend) that his house was all tile and had a drain in the middle so it could be hosed out- now that's efficiency.
    also like that "Harden the fuck up" patch

11am meet up to gather for the Hutash visit sounds good to me.
    I'll probably be out a little earlier so any of you foo's that want to meet up earlier, shoot me a text
    Andrew is working tmrw but we can probably smuggle him out for a couple runs during the day

Rideit- sending the heals to your bionic knee!
    skid luxury

I will likely be out on the pass tomorrow (avi conditions permitting.) A friend is blacked out on his basic Ikon pass. I will be around at least until Wednesday, and possibly longer.

Heading to the Moose game shortly (pregame beer at Snake River.)

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

"Leave a token of your appreciation on the dash when given a ride..." Is that it, Baby Bear?

Rideit this lap was for you, haha. Panchosdad worked all morning, skied all afternoon. Nice to have the days getting longer but still the cold January low light powder. No complaints here.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    "Leave a token of your appreciation on the dash when given a ride..." Is that it, Baby Bear?
    ha- so many great ones. I hope KMTN replays them

Hutash- enjoy your touring tmrw and hope to ski ya at some point
    we have some 1/2 price vouchers too if your buddy wants some during the black out. holler.
    skid luxury

Thanks guys, doing great so far.
    Keep shredding that pow for me!
    Welcome back to town, Hutash.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Well now that it looks like the big storm cycle has abated, I'll be heading back over to JH skiing next Friday thru Monday. I'll mainly be skiing with my wife, but I suspect I'll be on my own on Saturday or Sunday. I'll swing by Casper at 11 if anyone is up for a few laps.

I'm really hoping that I can bring some snow with me, but lately I'm somewhat snake bitten. Work keeps interfering with the good powder days at the local hill, (Bogus). And then when I finally get up there for what should be a decent powder day this Tuesday, a cat operator rips open a propane tank at the bottom of one of the 2 main lifts that serve the primary powder terrain so they have to shut it down for safety reasons, and then they decide that they need to shut the other one down cause they can't keep idiots from showing up at the lift where the propane leak is. So yeah, no real powder on that day.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eagleskier View Post
    Well now that it looks like the big storm cycle has abated, I'll be heading back over to JH skiing next Friday thru Monday. I'll mainly be skiing with my wife, but I suspect I'll be on my own on Saturday or Sunday. I'll swing by Casper at 11 if anyone is up for a few laps.

I'm really hoping that I can bring some snow with me, but lately I'm somewhat snake bitten. Work keeps interfering with the good powder days at the local hill, (Bogus). And then when I finally get up there for what should be a decent powder day this Tuesday, a cat operator rips open a propane tank at the bottom of one of the 2 main lifts that serve the primary powder terrain so they have to shut it down for safety reasons, and then they decide that they need to shut the other one down cause they can't keep idiots from showing up at the lift where the propane leak is. So yeah, no real powder on that day.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I'll go ahead and root for you too!
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Got motivated and caught first ganjala box with a coupla buds and had a hotbox ride to start the day. 3-6" of fresh on the groomers and a perfect blown in whipped topping off piste made for sweet first laps. Cowboy powder was nice for about 3 laps on the friendly ghost..

Bolted for a tram lap only to spy skier220 and his crew behind me. Ambushed them on top and went for a nice stroll down main street in the OB. Nice windbuffed turns and a sweet safety meeting in the shack for the win. Good to have made a solid lap with the boys.

Prolly gonna take the day off and get out early Sunday. 11 at Casper tomorrow for all interested.

Tweaked the damn knee last night. Not gonna make 11 but you all have some fun today. I’ll try and see ya Sunday

Bummer Schwerty! Hope it heals up quick
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Thx man! Took an AV lap with Ainsley’s ski pals this morning. Kinda worked.

^^^
    I have 2 low mileage knee braces you could borrow and see if either helps.

Dropped in thru a hole in the clouds 11 days ago and going out the same. Non stop OMG days and deep deep pow. Had to extend the trip twice !

Big thanks to DJ. Looking forward to more turnin an burnin wit ja. So hard to do meet ups with all that psycho pow.

Fun day out on the pass. We did a couple laps on edelweiss. Fun runs and didn't have to cross tracks. I wasn't impressed with the skin track. Way too may kick turns, WTF? Still fun, but way to steep and exhausting to make a third lap. Took it conservatively today after triggering a slide (small and low consequence) in Rock Springs yesterday. Might head into the park tomorrow, maybe Maverick's. I love my time here in the Jackson area. I'm partial to the east side of the Sierra, but damn this is a nice place.

iscariot

Drove the pass, parked at the Village, skied somewhere else. Fun stuff and things.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1915-2.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	311370
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GPTempDownload 3-2.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	311371

Jackson Hole 2019-2020 - & The 'Ghee, The King, Kelly Canyon, Pebble Creek

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    ^^^
    I have 2 low mileage knee braces you could borrow and see if either helps.
    Thx! I’ll give it a shot. Let’s catch up early this week. Bfast or happy hr.

I’ll be testing it out with Casper laps, (kid and a friend too), today. Won’t be out till 11:30 but I’ll look for ya.