Page 20 of 89 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Today was good.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    And needing to skin for a lap on the way to work? I read that as talking about terrain closures for control like you see in the Wasatch
    well they do close that road for control, quite regularly. usually very early am, sometimes evening before.
    I assume that's how the glademaster quoted UT 210 closure works?
    not sure why they didn't close/bomb this morning. maybe the 18 inches++ significantly exceeded the forecast? amounts surprised me.

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    Saw some skis with a bunch of raven stickers in Yostmark this morning. Jake was making grumbly noises about Zed brakes sucking.
    That reminds me to throw raven stickers on the chargers.

The pass deal is complicated. I bet TG has it right and they got surprised by SWE and wind.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

best day of this year and last..9am or 4pm didn't matter. today makes it to my top ten all time.

Quote Originally Posted by passholer View Post
    best day of this year and last..9am or 4pm didn't matter. today makes it to my top ten all time.
    STFU.

My sacrificial lamb day. In about an hour, it snowed 3" in my driveway of ultra light fluff.

the pass slide was set off by non-native superwolves imported from northern canada.

tits deep in a variety of places, but I was amazed by R bowl. i choked on pow. first run today had to be the deepest inbound run I can remember. nothing like a good surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Retards -- both the hotheaded locals and the managers of the highway. Why is that terrain not managed/restricted like the terrain above highway 210 in Utah, or the terrain that threatens the TCH near Rogers Pass? I asked this exact same question the last time this happened, and didn't get a single answer.

There's some dumb and plumb dumb, this is most certainly the latter.
    Pretty simple reason actually, this is Wyoming and everyone is afraid of any government regulation. Oh and this, which most of the people who make the rules around here really like to do:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4111.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	312.6 KB 
ID:	309966

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Jackson Hole 2019-2020 - & The 'Ghee, The King, Kelly Canyon, Pebble Creek

had great runs at the king. had to work- yr end review day- but got out for some quasi- powderoy and it was a good day

Name:	IMG_0216.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	978.2 KB 
ID:	309970
    Last edited by babybear; 01-10-2020 at 08:48 AM. Reason: jackson sucks- don't forget to tell all your friends :P
    skid luxury

I don't disagree B Bear. Hell, last time I was there I saw some girl I new from UVM on the Glory Boot Pack. Do doubt it is a town full of mostly awesome people. As an outsider, sometimes the intentionally unfriendly good guy vibe in the tram line, granite side step, 22 short skin track and such can wear on me. Admittedly, one of my best friends is one of those Targhee snobs who makes it worse. He got a new job working for a GC doing a lot of work in Jackson now so maybe he is seeing the better side of your community. I don't mean to bag on your town and I think it is great when people have some hometown pride, I know I do. I really should come and take advantage of your hospitality, I just wish SQ99 was still around. I think he lives in Miami how.

Teton pass is open...

Wow, the bottom just dropped out on the temps. 8 below zero at the summit right now. High pressure for most of today then back into snow.

Some #'s: JHMR - 33" in 48 hrs.; 15" last 24 hrs w/6" overnight. 6-7% ultra fluffy...

Targhee - 28" in 48 hrs.; 21" last 24 hrs.; 6% fluffy.

Nothing makes it snow here more than a race. WB speed series this weekend for the dumpage win!
    Psyched for the visiting mags getting JH at it's best.

1/2 off vouchers floating around for the savvy. Get here if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Teton pass is open...

Wow, the bottom just dropped out on the temps. 8 below zero at the summit right now. High pressure for most of today then back into snow.

Some #'s: JHMR - 33" in 48 hrs.; 15" last 24 hrs w/6" overnight. 6-7% ultra fluffy...

Targhee - 28" in 48 hrs.; 21" last 24 hrs.; 6% fluffy.

Nothing makes it snow here more than a race. WB speed series this weekend for the dumpage win!
    Psyched for the visiting mags getting JH at it's best.

1/2 off vouchers floating around for the savvy. Get here if you can.
    DJango and BBear, can either of you remember a cycle like this? December the year we opened late? One of the last few crazy February’s? God it’s so good. I’m up for a late start today, I just didn’t want to stop yesterday, went bell to bell and a little bit. I’ll try to get to Casper at 11, but no promises.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    DJango and BBear, can either of you remember a cycle like this? December the year we opened late? One of the last few crazy February’s? God it’s so good. I’m up for a late start today, I just didn’t want to stop yesterday, went bell to bell and a little bit. I’ll try to get to Casper at 11, but no promises.
    fyi jic - we usually just do those 11am meet ups on sundays
    but this sunday I might be out with some friends in town. I'm sure we'll cross paths or ski tracks at some pt

can't get out today until the afternoon either as my old dog is having a surgery this morning. enjoy yourselves, take some turns for me and cross your fingers for my 100 yo best friend if you will

Foggy- yes for a visit again. we have a good time here as a mag group
    ski hard and shack touring
    PS- squirrel is back in the mtns again- Tahoe
    Last edited by babybear; 01-10-2020 at 09:57 AM.
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    fyi jic - we usually just do those 11am meet ups on sundays
    but this sunday I might be out with some friends in town. I'm sure we'll cross paths or ski tracks at some pt

can't get out today until the afternoon either as my old dog is having a surgery this morning. enjoy yourselves, take some turns for me and cross your fingers for my 100 yo best friend if you will

Foggy- yes for a visit again. we have a good time here as a mag group
    ski hard and shack touring
    I’m defiantly out of the loop about meet ups then, oops.

Prayers for the pooch!

Let me know when you get out. I’ll be noodling around someplace looking for left overs.

Sending good thoughts to your pal, BB!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

KC? It was good yesterday. Will be good today. And tomorrow.

Rode with my Patroler buddy most of the day yesterday. Was pretty awesome.

Riding with Tate tomorrow morning. Working 3 to 9 ticket office.

Watching grandkids today, splitting more wood and shoveling driveway snow. Love it!
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Sending good thoughts to your pal, BB!
    x2.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post
    KC? It was good yesterday. Will be good today. And tomorrow.

Rode with my Patroler buddy most of the day yesterday. Was pretty awesome.

Riding with Tate tomorrow morning. Working 3 to 9 ticket office.

Watching grandkids today, splitting more wood and shoveling driveway snow. Love it!
    ha! Boarder Patrol coming in hot

Holy Crowds at the 'ghee today! Plenty of soft still to be had and the Bluebird was $ but damn, cars all the way out thru the upper overflow lots.... Yesterday was all time with Ski-on laps and honestly snow skied better yesterday IMO

Storm skiing is always the best, no? That 21" dumpage sucked everyone in. Relatively chill at the vill today.
    I was gonna give my knee another day to rest. Fuck that, I went skiing.

Sweet seconds everywhere and some deep freshies that were overlooked yesterday.
    Took a classic over the handlebars double heel release mining the pow stashes.
    Solid. Feels good.
    Honestly, the harder/more I ski, the better it feels. Incremental but noticeable.

Name:	20200110_104116.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	310064

Name:	20200110_103926.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	310061

I'm tired of this photo crap. I even uploaded a sideways one and it still fucked up. Makes me not wanna post photos.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```

Nice LBL - looking good over yonder. gonna pilgrimage soon. Maybe PM me yer phone # so's I can coordinate witcha down the line.

Prayers for the Pupper. Thoughts to ya girl.

Ski ya's this weekend...

- Snowbird Devo and Seldon - Holla when close, we'll set something up.

this forecast looks promising, good to see DJ getting in on it with pics..
    https://opensnow.com/dailysnow/usandcanada/post/16901
    the last cycle i remember that was this large was the 888 storm cycle i think it was 2016 or was it 2012
    8 days 80 inches to go to an 80 inch base. anywho still no pics
    Last edited by passholer; 01-10-2020 at 02:19 PM. Reason: timing

Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post
    Holy Crowds at the 'ghee today! Plenty of soft still to be had and the Bluebird was $ but damn, cars all the way out thru the upper overflow lots.... Yesterday was all time with Ski-on laps and honestly snow skied better yesterday IMO
    I concur with your opinion. The sun was the cat's ass though.

Jackson Hole 2019-2020 - & The 'Ghee, The King, Kelly Canyon, Pebble Creek

Keep posting pics, DJ...I don’t mind sideways shots.

Weir and Wolf Bro’s announced. Would think Mayer will guest with them if he’s up in MT. Had the chance to see a couple shows. Weir is in his element, (now), with this band. Seems a bit mellow for what they like to go for. It’ll be great tho. Unfortunately I’ll be out on spring break. Oh well.
    Last edited by schwerty; 01-10-2020 at 03:43 PM.

I will be in Mexico.
    C’est La Vie.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Keep posting pics, DJ...I don’t mind sideways shots.

Weir and Wolf Bro’s announced. Would think Mayer will guest with them if he’s up in MT. Had the chance to see a couple shows. Weir is in his element, (now), with this band. Seems a bit mellow for what they like to go for. It’ll be great tho. Unfortunately I’ll be out on spring break. Oh well.
    Whats the cost of that show? i'am just a poor Driggs dirt bag.

Quote Originally Posted by new yabyum View Post
    Whats the cost of that show? i'am just a poor Driggs dirt bag.
    I think it's a free show unless you want VIP ticket, but that just includes some food and open bar close to the stage. Prolly be setting up a little shakedown street in the ranch lot for pre-party.

That was like the 3rd bluebird pow day I’ve had at the Ghee in 8 years? Agreed yesterday skied better, but Mary’s today was as good as skiing gets. Also the crown from the Scotty’s slide is IMPRESSIVE. lots of folks heading out the gate and Backing off today.