Page 25 of 89 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Dr Huckinstuff suffered some pretty horrendous injuries in S&S yesterday. I heard there was an ongoing rope rescue and then the extent of the injuries and my heart sank. Jeff could use some help, or at least positive vibes. Sounds like a long road to walk again, let alone ski. https://www.gofundme.com/f/jeff-lege...ource=facebook

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Dr Huckinstuff suffered some pretty horrendous injuries in S&S yesterday. I heard there was an ongoing rope rescue and then the extent of the injuries and my heart sank. Jeff could use some help, or at least positive vibes. Sounds like a long road to walk again, let alone ski. https://www.gofundme.com/f/jeff-lege...ource=facebook
    Damn that's really unfortunate

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Step up if you $$$ can...anything obviously helps. Great guy and a really bad wreck

Why is everything freezing. It must be like January. Stoked..

Much respect. Much love.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200119_120951.jpeg 
Views:	136 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	311561

I'll be up they.

Wow, That sucks for the Lege. Vibes to my friend and I hope we can put together a fundraiser here in the valley. ~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Met up with Skiing-in-Jackson yesterday for a 10 minute catch-up. Good to hang again, my friend.

Got kinda ambushed by another mag who was scoping the 11 am Casper scene. A long and historied local, wstdeep subtly asked me my tgr handle as I sat down beside him to chat. Didn't see that coming. A good chuckle and glad to know another locmag. The gene pool here just got deeper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I see that Bald Eagle most mornings, keeping an eye out on it's few favored perches. Instant stoke.

JFC, that was one of the easiest, most casual MLK weekends ever. Skiing was stellar yesterday. Soft snow, wind whipped soft snow, groomered soft snow, crudded soft snow. Hero snow for most folks, everywhere.

Weird question, but any of you folks headed to OR/SIA in two weeks and want to carpool?

I may be headed to down to try to recruit potential illustration clients, and am happy to pitch in for gas/provide terrible podcast recommendations and playlists.

Pine Creek. Had an awesome time. Do recommend.
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Oh man, I'm really sorry to hear about Jeff. That list of injuries sounds brutally painful. I hope he's doing ok and looking at a full recovery. I guess it could have been worse and he's lucky to still be around for his family.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    Oh man, I'm really sorry to hear about Jeff. That list of injuries sounds brutally painful. I hope he's doing ok and looking at a full recovery. I guess it could have been worse and he's lucky to still be around for his family.
    It's pretty bad. The heli to SLC alone is likely around $20k. His wife won't be working much as she'll be in SLC for him. So anyone who can spare some coin, his family will be in need.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    . but also heard (possible rural legend) that his house was all tile and had a drain in the middle so it could be hosed out- now that's efficiency.
    !
    Local scuttlebutt I heard was that all of his furniture, beds and all were suspended from the ceiling. Kind of fits the hose down scenario.

Too lazy to cut and paste, but fb comments had a dude that claimed he was a roommate with him in TV. Said the toilet went to a pit in the basement where he had straw compost

That is just wrong.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by bluespark View Post
    Local scuttlebutt I heard was that all of his furniture, beds and all were suspended from the ceiling. Kind of fits the hose down scenario.
    I heard the same thing, since two of us heard this it must be true.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

he had a high tech composting toilet, a clevis multrum. The real eccentric part came when you’d get a brick of fertilizer as a gift, and yes it was the output from that system

and 3ding the suspended furniture, lots of concrete, hose down scenario

all good if you ask me

Captain Bob was right about almost everything. No one would believe him about housing, the black market and enfranchisement.

Having been in ' The Bunker ' many times, I can confirm the suspended tables, seating, etc. The house was built to be maintenance free. The only modern architecture in the upper village originally. Burned many a bowl in the summertime, setting in the driveway, watching the same redtail in the old growth pine across the street; about a 1/4 mile from Kokomas' condo.
    Bob was a character. I'm sad he's gone. Rest peacefully.
    ~~~~~~~~~
    Skiing was pretty fine today if not a little bit firmer. Flurries just started up high so some soft in the am.
    Finally skied on the boards that I blew my knee out on in April. Kind of a mental hurdle and so I was skiing on my easier DDs. Feels good to be back on a demanding ski and getting some payoff. Easier to ski with power and finesse with out it being a wrasslin' match.
    I desperately need to mount the new pair. Sharper edges might've helped last spring.

Skiing is really top notch all over the hill. A few thousand acres of tilted, carvy snow.

I had fun as long as I stayed on north or northeast aspects. Anything getting a good bit of south exposure was pretty nasty. Lots of bumps all over the mountain, and at time flat light made it a bit of a challenge, but the last run down Sublette ridge had a touch of sunshine to light up the top of the bumps and made an illuminated path to the Moose.

Had a great meet up with b-bear and hubby, always a fun couple to hang with.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Great weekend! We had to dial back touring expectations but the ghee skied well. Some Lhasa stoke - just the nip I mean the tip.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7714.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	227.5 KB 
ID:	311809

Lucky's closing. fuck

I had heard that.
    Also heard a rumor about Pizza Hut.
    Not that that would affect anyone’s life negatively., except maybe the drivers.
    Last edited by rideit; 01-21-2020 at 02:31 PM.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
    Lucky's closing. fuck
    Damn that sucks! My go to when I make the commute over the hill to fill the pantry.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Damn that sucks! My go to when I make the commute over the hill to fill the pantry.
    Best liquor deals in town too.
    I think we got the last pie from Pizza Hut delivered the day they closed. Tasted like they stopped giving any fucks about quality. Wrong crust, not sure what the sauce was, but it wasn't for human consumption. Was practically inedible. But I had the munchies and the game was on so I ate half of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Best liquor deals in town too.
    I think we got the last pie from Pizza Hut delivered the day they closed. Tasted like they stopped giving any fucks about quality. Wrong crust, not sure what the sauce was, but it wasn't for human consumption. Was practically inedible. But I had the munchies and the game was on so I ate half of it.
    Maybe an even greater sale at the liquor store? Could use some of that good boxed wine
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Maybe an even greater sale at the liquor store? Could use some of that good boxed wine
    25% off everything at Lucky's including booze. Also buy 6+ bottles and you get an additional 10% off. Credit card took a beating when I stopped by earlier today.
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

Quote Originally Posted by swerve View Post
    25% off everything at Lucky's including booze. Also buy 6+ bottles and you get an additional 10% off. Credit card took a beating when I stopped by earlier today.
    Got me some wine and some hottub beers. Small consolation I guess.
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.