Page 76 of 89 FirstFirst ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 2210
    Quote Originally Posted by cdubski View Post
    That time in between trams was so great. Side step from thunder across sublette when it was blowndown was even better. Untracked lowers and hobacks all day
    This was my exact thought

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Thank you JHMR owners and Management.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

' The Season of the Local '.

I really like that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope it's wintery as fuck from mid November thru March.
    A hudge, bangin' winter in JH.
    La Nina's have typically been good for us. Here's hoping...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    For the sake of an easy number, let's say 10k people on one day is the max at jhmr.
    They've decided X%, maybe 60% is the new daily max, or 6k daily visitors.
    With, let's say 1k locals, 1k for MC and Ikon on any given day, then 4k available at the windows.
    I absolutely love this idea and embrace it enthusiastically.

Oddly, because of der Covidz, they have inadvertently had to address a newer but drastic issue, massive crowding.
    The Village has a max capacity and we've gone over it a few times lately. It kills the experience of that place pretty quickly.

This kinda does just that.

Less people, more snow, colder winter and an acceptable reason for saying 'Backdufuckup'.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rbowl2.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	599.0 KB 
ID:	339473

The aspens will be turning soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These just showed up about an hour ago, hence my good mood...

Name:  WC GS 93.jpg
Views: 1198
Size:  12.5 KB
    Thanks mag Charles Martel for the tits deal.

I think it's really telling that season passes AND mountain collective passes are not being restricted, but Ikon is put on hold. I wonder how this is going to effect storm chasers?

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post

Oddly, because of der Covidz, they have inadvertently had to address a newer but drastic issue, massive crowding.
    yep, great point

Quote Originally Posted by xtine View Post
    I think it's really telling that season passes AND mountain collective passes are not being restricted, but Ikon is put on hold. I wonder how this is going to effect storm chasers?
    Ikon pass holders are rumored to be 30% of the visitors the past two years. Guess it depends on if the village thinks they can keep social distancing measures in place AND absorb 30% (or more since December and April the ikon days are 0) surges in visitors.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Okay. This works. Probably add Indypass for Snow King insurance. I already use 4 days of an Indy during my usual winter routine. FKNA!

I PURCHASED A MOUNTAIN COLLECTIVE PASS AND PLAN TO VISIT JHMR THIS WINTER; DO I NEED TO MAKE A RESERVATION?×

If you are visiting JHMR on a Mountain Collective Pass, you can proceed to the ticket office to pick up your 2- or 3-day pass without a reservation. Please remember to bring identification. If you would like to have your Mountain Collective Pass fulfilled before your arrival at JHMR, contact Guest Services at 1.307.739.2640 or mountaincollective@jackson hole.com.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

glad I bought my pass back in April. A few of my teacher friends and those that get discounted passes through work later in the Fall are tripping

I'm kind of psyched that they announced they will allow a bootpack up the bowl too. Figured people would do it, but just easier to be sanctioned. I can pre- work off my parking lot beers
    But investing in a down suit so I can continue my beloved apres at the tailgate. We should save some money that way so thinking of buying a parking pass too. re-allocating the funds

Quote Originally Posted by cdubski View Post
    That time in between trams was so great. Side step from thunder across sublette when it was blowndown was even better. Untracked lowers and hobacks all day
    I like doing that side step even sometimes when sublette isn't closed lol
    and it's funny you posted about it bc we've always known it as "C Pass" and my name starts with a C and my husband's nickname is "dub" (our last name starts with W) so we have always called it the CDub pass. nice blog I know :P
    skid luxury

Initials are cdub... used to have my name up... anyway, noticed they had been putting up some ropes sometimes at c pass. Hopefully it’s a less crazy crowded and less stress on the mtn this year AND the lifts keep running. In the meantime, my twins are getting bc setups for their 13th bdays this month. I think they were just born when the last tram was taken down. Everyone’s all like “your ski season is gonna suck now that you have kids” but 07-08 was just fine by me

Stoked on the press release today, glad I put half down in June!

Think I'm going to suck it up and drop the coin for a parking pass. At this point I can't really see a reason not to. Ski in/out and tailgating from the Cody lot looks prime. If ya get there early I'm guessing it wouldn't be difficult to find a spot between Cody, Crystal Springs, and the Village lot on a normal day? FWIW most likely confined to weekend warrior status if that matters.

I wonder how this is going to affect JH AIR program passes, and those of us that get reciprocal (day) passes...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

^ I believe the release said AIR program unaffected
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

" Passes sold through JH air (merchant pass) merchants will still be available."

EoB - Getting a parking spot this season should not be an issue. They only max out on the biggest of days, in a regular season. Also, you don't necessarily need the full Cody lot pass. They're pricey, check out the ranch lot prices.

I might be into sharing a pass with you, Holla if that appeals to you.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

C-pass traverse, man that's old school. Pre Sublette quad days.
    Or how to get from the Thunder saddle to the Hobacks...
    CP to BiH to NW to SH.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

It strikes me as fairly obvious that the resort is not making any decisions regarding Ikon pass policy because, well, Ikon has yet to decide for themselves.

When Alterra gets a solid plan, resorts will adjust accordingly for their own unique situation.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Plainly this was not the season to hmm and haww over a season pass. If I had waited, stress factor 12 would be setting in right about now.

This cool weather has peeps starting to think about winter. For the first time in months, I see/feel real joy for something, anything, that is future positive.

34 degrees out there now.

I think the elephant in the room is the statement about reduced capacity, without saying what that number will be. Unlimited access doesn’t mean shit if they are capped out.

There is an elephant. No question.

Unless you're a crack o' noon clubber, getting on mountain before the max threshold is hit should be a cakewalk. Being in the first 2k skiers is easy.
    Lucky for me, I'm an early bird and being in the first 20 skiers at the village is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I think the elephant in the room is the statement about reduced capacity, without saying what that number will be. Unlimited access doesn’t mean shit if they are capped out.
    Quote Originally Posted by JHMR
    Anyone who has already purchased any Season Pass from JHMR will have full mountain access without limitations this winter per the terms under which their pass was purchased.
    I read that to mean that season passes are not subject to a daily cap.

The overall tone was that daily sales and any new sales are subject to cap. Already purchased full and 7 or 10 day passes will be honored for any day you feel like showing up.

Ikon will be interesting. I fully expect it to be subject to the cap as well.
    . . .

MCP - I read it as not being subject to the daily cap if you pick it up and ski your 2-3 "free" days consecutively, but after that, if you want to add a day, it is subject to cap. I emailed them for clarification since I use it mostly as direct to lift and just head over when can get away. I've done them math and a season pass just hasn't made sense for me, yet. ugh.

It doesn't mention consecutive. But yeah.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Alterra Mountain Co., which runs the Ikon Pass and is a family of 15 North American resort groups, will focus on “controlling resort visitation levels to avoid overcrowding” for the 2020-21 ski season, its CEO said in a statement released Monday.

CEO Rusty Gregory said access to the mountains will be prioritized for season pass holders, and the number of daily lift tickets will be tightly regulated and those will only be available through advance purchase.

Walk-up window sales will be eliminated, as well as the sale of undated lift ticket products.
    https://www.aspentimes.com/news/alte...er-operations/

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out here...
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    "

C-pass traverse, man that's old school. Pre Sublette quad days. .
    Those were the good old days, getting Pepis/BITH/AltaChutes with few tracks
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Managed to get passes through j h r l. Very relieved
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

I shouldn't have gloated... They just rescinded my son's pass saying only my wife and I could buy them through the program we are in. Seems things are really moment to moment over there. I feel for the staff that has to implement this

Interesting update from our Montucky friends at Pig Sty.
    https://bigskyresort.com/winter-operations-update
    No capacity limits. No chairlift limits. Ikon has to make reservations.
    They may be first resort to shut down early this season due to covid outbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Interesting update from our Montucky friends at Pig Sty.
    https://bigskyresort.com/winter-operations-update
    No capacity limits. No chairlift limits. Ikon has to make reservations.
    They may be first resort to shut down early this season due to covid outbreak.
    Then whats the point of the reservations? I could see needing it for contract tracing, but the lift data will already tell them that. Seems odd.

Jackson Hole 2019-2020 - &amp; The 'Ghee, The King, Kelly Canyon, Pebble Creek

Glad you locals are going to be able to ski, but this is rough for us visitors. We come up each year for a week on an Ikon. We got rezis at a place to stay for the first week of January, but if we aren’t sure we can ski it doesn’t make that much sense. Guess we will wait to see more...

How about Mountain Collective?
    Last I heard it didn't require reservations?